Cantr Forum Werewolf Game 2 - GAME OVER - VILLAGERS WIN

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:24 pm

"There were few left. The town square a vision of horror. Dead bodies. The stench of rotting flesh... Due to spider bite's slumber - it seemed down to the decision of mikki - should she side with Rev against Swymir, or Swymir against Rev?

Staying by her decision, Swymir was to be lynched...

Swymir's last memories were of Rev repeatedly stabbing him to death with a swordfish...

Exhausted by the events of the past days, the remaining few went to sleep... The sun went down...

Hours later, birds started to sing with the rise of the dawn. No one had been eaten. There were no new dead bodies...

The villagers were safe - they had won - the werewolf menace had been eradicated...

After a short while, with the help of a mop and bucket, the villager began to look like normal agin, although it was much more quiet than it had ever been..."

THE GAME HAS ENDED
Here is a final summary (including roles):

Pirog - EATEN - On 1st Night - villager
SekoETC - LYNCHED - On 1st Day - villager
Insane Irony (Ree) - EATEN - On 2nd Night - villager
Neelix - LYNCHED - On 2nd Day - villager
Avatar of Meisora - EATEN - On 3rd Night - villager
social moth - LYNCHED - On 3rd Day - werewolf
mortaine - EATEN - On 4th Night - seer
Nixit - LYNCHED - On 4th Day - villager
The Surly Cantrian EATEN - On 5th Night - fool
Swymir - LYNCHED - On 5th Day - werewolf
Revanael - SURVIVED - villager
mikki - SURVIVED - villager
Spider Bites - SURVIVED - villager

good game people :D
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Revanael

Postby Revanael » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:01 pm

Yay! Well done, Mikki! And well played, Swymir!
swymir

Postby swymir » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:49 pm

I had a feeling it was mortain from the beginning, but I wasn't sure and wanted to get some other possible threats out of the game, by the way sorry for calling you female Rev. I just see your name and immediatly picture a female for some reason. That was a lot of rounds to survive through and it didn't help that my partner was asleep from the beginning. I also didn't think the OOC portion of everything was very fair, but what are you going to do.
"My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone."
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:02 pm

We weren't even sure until AoM was eaten which of us was the "true" Seer, really-- we were always second-guessing. That's why Neelix was lynched-- Surly had a vision that he was the wolf, and since I'd had no visions about any wolves, we had to go with what we had.

We lynched social moth, frankly, to buy one extra day for the villagers, knowing it might result in us getting eaten, too.

After I revealed my identity to Revanael and then got eaten that very night, I seriously thought it was Rev-- and before we finished voting that night, I even told Surly that it might be Rev if I died that night.

Swymir: how did you finally figure out I was the Seer? I mean, besides suspecting me from the start? I only very fleetingly suspected you for a wolf-- you would have been one of the LAST people I would have decided to scry, to be honest.
--
mortaine.
swymir

Postby swymir » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:17 pm

In the beginning I was just killing people who were in the game before. I killed InsaneIrony because she said she KNEW that someone was innocent so I assumed she was the seer or the fool and killed her. Then I was killing anyone who had no chance of being voted for. As people seemed to be proven innocent I killed them basically. The ending factor was the time of posting and using OOC knowledge to kill Social Moth instead of spider bites. I was really hoping that Spider Bites was going to die that night, but I didn't want to spekak out against the group or else I would stick out.
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:43 pm

I argued in favor of lynching social moth using that argument, but you must realize that I was actually basing that on my Seer visions, right? I could as easily have made the same argument the other way in favor of Spider Bites if the visions had shown differently, but saying "I'm the seer, and I know this is the sleeping wolf" would have guaranteed my death. I needed a justification, however flimsy. The hard part was getting people to decide to lynch a sleeper. After that, for all the villagers it was half a dozen of one, six of the other-- all I needed to do was show a single reason for my choice, no matter how thin it might be.

By that point, it would have taken a massive effort on the part of the wolves to prevent social moth's death anyway-- we had two we could count on, and only needed a third person to lock in the vote-- I brought in Revanael, completely with no idea if he was wolf or no, to form the third in our bloc, since mikki was being swayed by the wolf vote. ;) You definitely set us back by killing AoM, though!

Oddly, Ree, so far as I know, knew nothing. I contacted Surly the first day, because I already knew he was the other seer, and then AoM the second day because I had seen he was innocent. We tried to coordinate from then forward to make the lynch votes conform to the visions.
--

mortaine.
Revanael

Postby Revanael » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:55 pm

You and Surly worked together well, Mortaine. And I'm glad you decided you could trust me!
swymir

Postby swymir » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:16 am

Yes I let it go as I knew at that point there was always at least 2 people who you knew they could trust themselves. The only way that was going to remedy itself was if I was able to kill the seer and even the fool early on. I assume nobody ever scanned me through the whole thing although I would have perfered if the the Fool did. That would have made the game rather quick if Surly was to tell me you were the other (possible) seer. Anyway, it was a good game. When does the next one start.
AoM

Postby AoM » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:48 am

If Seko wants to organize it, I'm ready to start right away.
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:20 am

Me too.
Just because you're older, smarter, stronger, more talented... doesn't mean you're BETTER.
TatteredShoeLace

Postby TatteredShoeLace » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:06 am

I want to play!
1223-4: You kill a elephant using a longbow.

Nick wrote:If you don't check your characters once a day, you're not going anywhere in Cantr. :P
Surly

Postby Surly » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:49 pm

:D

The really frustrating thing is that I suspected Swymir more than Nixit... I planned to change my vote after getting the reaction, but I paid the price for sleeping...
What turned it for me was the lynching of Social Moth. Once Mortaine and myself had concluded that Social Moth was a wolf and called for the lynching I knew the other wolf wouldn't agree. So it narrowed down to Nixit or Swymir. Hence I stated that I would know once we had lynched Nixit. Incidentally I am glad I whispered those suspicions to Rev and Mikki before my death...

Anyway, that was immensely fun. I'm in again, if and when we start.
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:45 pm

See, and I figured that, with the vote going so strongly to social moth anyway, Nixit (who I thought was the wolf) would feel regret, but little remorse in changing his vote to help obfuscate his ID.

I'm in for the next one.
--

mortaine.
mikki

Postby mikki » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:05 am

I am definately in for the next one..
Lumin

Postby Lumin » Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:20 am

Just read through the whole thread, sounds like a lot of fun! I'll definitely want to be in the next one, too. I may even try this out on another forum I frequent. :)

Return to “Forum Games”