Cantr Forum Werewolf - Game Over - Werewolves win

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

formerly known as hf

Cantr Forum Werewolf - Game Over - Werewolves win

Postby formerly known as hf » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:14 am

Let's try this again shall we...

You should all have a PM with your role - please note that replies should be sent to n.rush-cooper@dial.pipex.com instead of PMs if possible?

have fun...

I have added any requests for non-forum names to the list below - if you want to change yours too, just PM me

I'll PM people with their roles - and I'll give out roles randomly

I'll try to (briefly) explain if no one has played on the forum before (see http://www.eblong.com/zarf/werewolf.html for a description of the non-forum game)

The werewolves should PM me with who they choose, and the seer should PM me with who they wish to 'see'. Once I have got these PMS, and I have replied (by PM), I will announce here that the day has begun...

The lynch vote then starts... announce who you vote for lynching individually, by posting, I'll take the most recent post as your decision if you change your mind. Once everyone has voted for lynching, I'll announce who's been lynched, and will announce night time (and the cycle begins again)

The game ends (as usual) if both werewolves are dead (villagers win) or if the number of werewolves left is the same as the number of villagers left (werewolves kill everyone)

The game may be discussed elsewhere - cantr IRC, PMs, messanger etc... anything public should be put in the forum... This means that, if the seer is lucky enough to 'see' both werewolves - they can privately tell all the villagers (take it as whispering)...

Oh, and dead people STAY DEAD - no posting, PMs, messages etc. I don't have much chance of catching anyone breaking this rule - but if I do, you will be punished by me dancing around you and singing my 'cheater, cheater' song - that is a level of shame you DO NOT wish to experience...

Ask for any clarification if needed...

Player list
hallucinatingfarmer - moderator
Revanael
Zoot
Seko
trage
InsaneIrony (Ree Tuss)
Junesun (Mei Yutian)
choriste (Garolou)
Swymir
Pirog[/b]
Last edited by formerly known as hf on Tue May 31, 2005 7:15 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Revanael

Postby Revanael » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:59 am

I think this will be too fast-paced for most people. But go on then. I'll play.
Zoot

Postby Zoot » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:49 pm

Count me in.
Like the beat beat beat of the tom-tom
When the jungle shadows fall
Like the tick tick tock of the stately clock
As it stands against the wall...
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:07 pm

Ok I'll come too.
Not-so-sad panda
trage

Postby trage » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:16 pm

I have nothing better to do, I will play.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:21 am

Nice to know there's some interest :) - Rev may be right about the pace - any participants will need to log in at least once, possibly twice a day - just as a warning...

I'll wait for more to sign up, maybe start tomorrow evening(ish)...
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
InsaneIrony

Postby InsaneIrony » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:30 am

Looks cool. Count me in.

EDIT: And how do I figure out what time it is GMT?
1099-5: Bandit says: "Collect a sum of 100 000g of sand to offer me in tribute or I will kill you."
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:02 am

I have a feeling that I may need to be a lot more flexible with the times on this forum - (I realise not many people check in here very often...)

I'm gonna dispense with the time limits and do it the old-fashioned way - I will announce day time once the werewolves have agreed on who to kill the seer has chosen, and night time once all votes for lynching have been cast...

This will mean that you can forget about time etc. - just log in and check every now and then

I'll change the first post to say this too... One more person to sign-up and it can begin...
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:06 am

Also - I'm surprised no one's heard of this - I thought it was a popular kids game...

What kind of kid was I?

No wait - don't answer that...

Thank heavens I went to a state school - god (in her almighty wisdom) only knows what twisted geek I'd have been had I gone to a private school...

(and no offence to anyone who did go to a private school...)
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
The Industriallist

Postby The Industriallist » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:44 am

I think I know this game by the name "Mafia"...not interested in playing it here, though.
"If I can be a good crackhead, I can be a good Christian"

-A subway preacher
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:53 am

:P
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Junesun
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Junesun » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:33 pm

I have never played this game before, but... I'm in.

Now we need one more player, right? Or does the moderator count in the 7? He obviously can't participate on either side...
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:16 pm

The rules say there should be an odd number of players (not counting the moderator).

Oh, about the roles, are they just going to be "a villager, a villager, a werewolf, the seer..." or will there be trades like in some murder games - of course the special people need their coverups, imagine a village where there would be a baker, smith, chief etc and then three people who just keep their hands in their pockets, whistling innocently as they go... ;)

Will there be rolenames? There should because when we start voting people off using our forum names it might sound like it's personal.
Not-so-sad panda
Junesun
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Junesun » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:24 pm

SekoETC wrote: Will there be rolenames? There should because when we start voting people off using our forum names it might sound like it's personal.

I like the idea. How'bout Chinese names?
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:26 pm

Normally I just dish out roles as 'villager' 'seer' or 'werewolf'. When people want to play specific 'roles' in the village (minus special extra roles that I'm not going to include this time) they're welcome to go ahead and do so, it makes the game more interesting. You can either just go ahead and play the role and announce it as you like or PM me with it, and I'll make a note on the player list...

Remember - werewolves are also villagers (during the day at least) so they can takeon roles too - as is the seer

One more player and we can get started...

EDIT: I like to idea of different names... The werewolf myth supposedly originated in the germanic areas of Europe, but some say eastern europe. But there are many similar myths around the world, like the 'manitou' of native american myth...
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.

Return to “Forum Games”