Steampunk Noir Sign Up/OOC thread

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Antichrist_Online

Postby Antichrist_Online » Sun May 04, 2008 11:19 am

We're going to use the forums, and I'll be making a thread with the initial introduction... I'm keeping you all in the dark because of the style of game it is... Very "Find out in character" and in the vein of 1st edition D&D (you have to think yourselves to what might be significant in rooms or what questions to ask, etc).
Mistress's Puppy
hEarty

Postby hEarty » Mon May 05, 2008 10:27 pm

*claps her hands*

Oh yay! I can be a dork again!!

>^.^<
<hEarty> I know that I am claustrophobic
<pie> did you live in a small house with a large family?
<pie> that would make me claustrophobic.
<hEarty> no
<pie>(oh my gosh, I did live in a small house... I'M CLOSTRAPHOVIC!!!) (just kidding.)
Bowser

Postby Bowser » Tue May 06, 2008 1:06 am

I'm going to on vacation on Thursday to Sunday morning, but if that is acceptable, I'd like to try the game
Homer wrote: "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "
Antichrist_Online

Postby Antichrist_Online » Tue May 06, 2008 2:21 pm

Signup is now closed and I'll be posting the intitial scene on friday, major updates will be every friday from now, and minor ones when I can. Character introductions will be prompted in the initial scene when I've it tidied up ready. Good luck with the game, as you can win, lose and die :P
Mistress's Puppy
Zanthos

Postby Zanthos » Tue May 06, 2008 5:02 pm

ohh do we have to make a background for our charries?
Person: Akamada doesnt control the animals.
You see a wild boar attack Person.
Person: I still dont believe you.

<Spill> Oh, I enjoy every sperm to the fullest.
Antichrist_Online

Postby Antichrist_Online » Wed May 07, 2008 8:59 am

Yes, you all do, and a brief description of how they look, however you should pm me the background rather than posting it in the thread (so as not to suddenly have everyone know everything... just to give me some stuff to work with for the random events ;) ) Eg: you can know you've a brother, but unless you mention him, nobody else should, etc. Revealations about characters backgrounds etc should flow naturally, but obvious things like if they're soldiers having millitary insignia on them or such (be creative with those :P). Btw everyone shall be unarmed at the very beginning and the explaination for that will come in the initial plot. Other than that, knock yourselves out with the elaborate looks :D

Slight reminder, the game is now live, I've one background already, need the other seven and please, this is supposed to be Steampunk, think Victoriana first then apply the technology... :P
Mistress's Puppy
Leo Luncid

Postby Leo Luncid » Tue May 13, 2008 4:25 am

So since we're playing D&D wise, we have to wait for you to post the results once we made a decision of what we want to do, right? I don't say whether I found what I'm searching for; it's your call?
Notice how weak and petty we are / In the grand fixture we come afar / Hey we can't help it / No denying the prerequisite for love / Your very existence / You're the source of my substenance / Slow down take your time and feel the / Flow
Antichrist_Online

Postby Antichrist_Online » Tue May 13, 2008 1:36 pm

Small items can be found that way (ie you can find your lighter, or a torch or such) but plot items (maps, documents, keys) will be hinted at in room descriptions (which I'll post when people change rooms and I've time to get them on *is writing the corridors to the control room now*)

A little hint for the current room is there is an item that could be of use later hidden somewhere in the room.
Mistress's Puppy
Antichrist_Online

Postby Antichrist_Online » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:49 pm

Blame Maledicta for that last event...
Mistress's Puppy
Antichrist_Online

Postby Antichrist_Online » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:39 pm

Sorry, been really busy, update to the game coming soon, once I pull my finger out. Probably tomorrow.
Mistress's Puppy
hEarty

Postby hEarty » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:30 pm

Well hurry up and pull your finger out of wherever it is XD
<hEarty> I know that I am claustrophobic

<pie> did you live in a small house with a large family?

<pie> that would make me claustrophobic.

<hEarty> no

<pie>(oh my gosh, I did live in a small house... I'M CLOSTRAPHOVIC!!!) (just kidding.)
Antichrist_Online

Postby Antichrist_Online » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:15 pm

Captain Smith is about to give a small history lesson, which will help fill in some back story that currently only I, Maledicta and my Mistress know...
Mistress's Puppy
Antichrist_Online

Postby Antichrist_Online » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:00 am

Game will be on hold for two weeks, while on holiday.
Mistress's Puppy
CantrFreak

Postby CantrFreak » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:39 am

Fine with me. I'm going on a cruise... wait, thats in two weeks. GAAH!
Leo Luncid

Postby Leo Luncid » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:38 am

((OOC: Sorry, but this confirms I'll not be attending this game anymore. I was really hoping to stick to this one, but I epic fail at having extended interests lately.))
Notice how weak and petty we are / In the grand fixture we come afar / Hey we can't help it / No denying the prerequisite for love / Your very existence / You're the source of my substenance / Slow down take your time and feel the / Flow

Return to “Forum Games”