Ebon Night

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Bowser

Postby Bowser » Sun May 11, 2008 11:23 pm

I am enjoying the game. I am wondering if everyone I encounter is another player or if some are NPC's... no need to answer, I'm not sure I really want to know.
Homer wrote: "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "
frenchfisher

Postby frenchfisher » Mon May 12, 2008 12:08 am

Bowser wrote:I am enjoying the game. I am wondering if everyone I encounter is another player or if some are NPC's... no need to answer, I'm not sure I really want to know.

I've been getting the same feeling ;)
Tangential

Postby Tangential » Mon May 12, 2008 3:41 am

Bowser wrote:I am enjoying the game. I am wondering if everyone I encounter is another player or if some are NPC's... no need to answer, I'm not sure I really want to know.

O_O I haven't had that feeling yet.. I'm anxious now! I wanna meet some!
UloDeTero

Postby UloDeTero » Mon May 12, 2008 11:40 am

Tangential, maybe you already have met some and didn't know it! :wink: Got that feeling now? :lol:

I'm not going to say anything about NPCs, though, since people don't want to know. Plus, it adds to the mystique! 8)
UloDeTero

Postby UloDeTero » Tue May 27, 2008 9:31 pm

Wow! It's almost a month already since the game started proper! :o

The story's all been progressing nicely, though a little slower than I expected. Maybe I'm just impatient. :lol: You know like when you watch a really good TV show and want to watch the next episode straight away? It's like that! :lol:
But unfortunately I have to wait, same as you guys. :wink:
Only difference is, I know what it's all about and what's going on. But I'm still looking forward to the next part.

Just keep doing stuff. Everything will become clear in time.
CantrFreak

Postby CantrFreak » Wed May 28, 2008 2:57 am

It makes me wanna play. >.> Hurry up and finish teh game!
toon

Postby toon » Wed May 28, 2008 4:32 am

I have a feeling I am in danger... :S
UloDeTero

Postby UloDeTero » Wed May 28, 2008 12:38 pm

toon wrote:I have a feeling I am in danger... :S
Sounds a bit OOC... If you want to discuss in-game details, please do it via email. Or you can contact me on MSN. My info is in my profile.

I honestly don't know yet whether I'll do a second round. I'd love to, of course, but I have to get off my *ss and find a job one of these days. I'm thinking of converting this game into a point-and-click adventure game. I've found a good piece of software to do that. But it's a case of converting a multiplayer game into a single-player game; writing a set storyline, drawing all the backgrounds, characters, etc, maybe even recording music and voices. *shrugs* All in all, it'd be a lot easier than running the game this way (in that more people could enjoy it without as much effort on my part). Plus, I might even be able to charge money. :wink:
I don't know if it's even doable right now, but if anyone wants to help, gimme a PM or email.
UloDeTero

Postby UloDeTero » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:06 pm

This is a reply I wrote to a recent enquiry. It's relevant to all of the current players, so I've reproduced it here:
I wrote:The thing you have to remember is that this game is like Cantr in that all the players react to the same occurrences (but from their own points of view), but there's inevitably going to be a certain amount of "overlap" where two or more players perform an action at the same time. This overlap effect is intensified by the fact that I check and reply to all the emails around twice a day, so emails can sometimes 'pile up' a bit. I try to work around this, tweaking the replies so they appear to react to each other, or at least not totally clash.

A Cantr-style "instant-action" Events thingy would be ideal, but then I wouldn't be able to check the replies and link them up with each other.

So, it's just something that you (as players) will have to bear with, I'm afraid. As a rule of thumb, nothing a character says in a "posting" is likely to be a direct reply to anything else said in the same posting. If your character says something in post A, the reply won't usually come until post B.

Bear in mind also that the long-term nature of the game means that players might not remember details, for example, or may otherwise make the characters behave in "not-quite-realistic" ways. It may be a character trait, or it may be that the player forgot so-and-so. However, I'll be keeping an eye on the important details, such as where characters are, who is with them, etc.
UloDeTero

Postby UloDeTero » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:37 pm

FYI:

I just started a new job, so I'm not sure how often I'll be able to get to Ebon Night, Cantr, etc. I'll try to get to them as often as I'm able.
Bowser

Re: Ebon Night

Postby Bowser » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:36 pm

The game faded away over a year ago. I enjoyed it while it lasted. Any comments or did you already forget the storyline?
Homer wrote: "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "
UloDeTero

Re: Ebon Night

Postby UloDeTero » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:13 pm

Bowser wrote:The game faded away over a year ago. I enjoyed it while it lasted. Any comments or did you already forget the storyline?

Sorry guys. I think I took on too much when I decided to do that game. I kept meaning to resurrect it, but never seemed to get around to it. I'd like to see it complete, but I don't think I'd do it. Maybe some day I'll write endings, leading the characters to the end, just so the players get some closure.
Some of the characters got a tiny glimpse of the 'twist' ending. Let's just say it's Pratchett-esque :wink:
Sorry again.

If anyone wanted to "host" a game themselves, I'd be happy to advise

Return to “Forum Games”