RUMBLE: Round One Resolves! Round Two Allocations Due

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

saztronic

RUMBLE: Round One Resolves! Round Two Allocations Due

Postby saztronic » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:22 pm

I'm going to launch another forum Rumble -- and I'm fracking tired of the inactivity in the Games Forum, and the lack of participation from anyone other than the usual supsects. Let's gets some shit stirring.

I want to see Sunni Daez in this game, I want to see the_antisocial_hermit, I want to see DylPickle, I want to see notsure, I want to see dead users like Bran Muffin and Nick, I want to see Tom, Dick, and Harry. No claiming that it's not your bag, or you're to pussy to want in. Fuck you.

Pony your asses up, friends, because we need a little strange dis-tract-ion from our hum-drum Cantr lives. Live your love, love your life, and put your money where your mouth is.

8-1000 participants. Standard rules as found on the site below. All comers welcome, but bring your "A" game or I will taunt you until you wet your pants.

The full powers list located on the Rumble site is in play:

http://kevan.org/rumble.cgi?genre=hero&mode=viewall

The only exception to this will be powers that require rolling dice. I don't want to have to bust out a bunch of polyhedrals.

Feel free to suggest powers of your own design. Spend 10 to be deemed Rad by the Ruler (Me). Burn 15 to gain the power of death over any adversary. Spend 50 to get sexually serviced and satsifed by the celebirty of your choice. I do not care. I will be the sole arbiter of which powers are acceptable, but as you can see, broad latitude is the rule.

Once you've signed up, PM me the two powers you'd like included in the master list for this game, and off we'll go.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I promise to use my powers as a writer/literary twat, such as they are, to the fullest extent. I will amuse you and your neighbors. I will compose the beginning of a Booker Prize novel. I dare you to criticize my prosaic powers, you feckless little chumps.

P.S. west, that means you too, you Fnordian mother fucker with all the younger brothers who might be gay. You got time for this lame shit, I guar-an-tee. Bring it on.

Player List:

1. deadboy
2. Bowser
3. notsure
4. hEarty/Talapus
5. Pie
6. Spider
7. sanchez
8. FormerlyHF
9. toon
Last edited by saztronic on Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 11 times in total.
I kill threads. It's what I do.
notsure

Postby notsure » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:24 pm

:shock: Damn, I've already wet my pants...

notsure :?
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:46 pm

Excellent. I see you understand the gravity of the situation.

Depends and fresh clothes are over in the corner. Help yourself.
Bowser

Postby Bowser » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:44 pm

I haven't the flair for words that you do, but I would like another crack at domination.
Homer wrote: "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:35 am

Yup, I'm in
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:01 pm

That makes two players, count 'em, two. I didn't expect such an overwhelming response, by golly. Three if we count notsure, but she was kind of ambiguous, her incontinence notwithstanding.

All the rest of you. Don't make me swear at you again. Get on the bandwagon before I run you over with it.
notsure

Postby notsure » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:18 pm

Is there a "Rumble for Dummies" book somewhere?

notsure :?
hEarty

Postby hEarty » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:45 pm

I'll bite
<hEarty> I know that I am claustrophobic
<pie> did you live in a small house with a large family?
<pie> that would make me claustrophobic.
<hEarty> no
<pie>(oh my gosh, I did live in a small house... I'M CLOSTRAPHOVIC!!!) (just kidding.)
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:49 am

Rumble Rundown

So it's like this: you're going to be a superhero. Everyone who plays picks just two powers from the list in the link above and PM's them to me, and that makes a big pool of powers everyone can choose from.

Then you bid on the powers you want. You get 100 life points to bid with, and you can divvy them up however you like . Highest bidder for each power wins it.

But... you're going to need your life points later. And every power that you win, you lose that many points from your starting total. So if you bid 30 on one power and 20 on another and win 'em both, you start the game with those two powers but only 50 life points.

Then you kill each other until only one remains. You do that by spending your life points each turn on attack or defense and using your powers to slay or survive. If you go below 0 points you're dead.

And that's the basics. The trick is figuring which powers actually are powerful -- it's not always obvious -- and how they can combine to do different things to you or your enemies, and who to trust when, and all that kind of machiniational stuff.

Questions?
Pie

Postby Pie » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:21 am

I might be in! if i don't post for more than five days though, kick me from the game, k? i've been kinda buisy with stuff lately!
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
Spider

Postby Spider » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:25 am

I'm in. I want to try this, I saw a bit of the last game.
sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:34 am

Clueless and eager, I'll have a go.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:01 am

Get a long hard eyeful of your ass saztronic.
Next time you see it, I'll be passing it to you on a plate.

Fine bone china and BBQ SAUCE
bitches

FTW
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:58 pm

That's right, friends. Game on.

PM me your two powers. No lip.

And FormerlyHF -- I admire the way you yap like a little yorkshire terrier, but you won't have the pleasure of handing me my ass unless you plan on killing the moderator. The game would be over quicker that way, but perhaps be slightly -- ever so slightly, I'll grant you -- less enjoyable.

Bring it, hipsters.
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:29 am

Power list complete. Bids are now due.

Glass Swords
Add 40 to each of your Attacks. Lose this power the first time you sustain any damage.

Vampiric Bite
Whenever you damage another Hero, gain Energy equal to half of that damage (rounding down).

Ice Storm
Spend 10: Ice Storm does damage equal to its Power Strength, to each opponent.

Sock Puppetry
Spend 5: Distracted by your mastery of the talking sock, a chosen opponent's Attack is halved.

Gestalt
At the end of any round in which you took damage, create a Sidekick with Energy equal to that damage, and no Powers.

Glorious Revolution
Workers of the world unite! Use once per game: All Energy is pooled and redistributed evenly. Lose 5 Energy.

Overload
You gain 10 Energy every round. If you exceed double your starting Energy, you explode and are defeated.

Inna NUUUUTZ
On any turn after which you took damage, Burn X to Attack one target who damaged you for 3X Damage. Target may not do anything but lay on the ground and whimper during the next round. You may not take any other action on the same turn as you use this Power.

Fatal Flatulence
Deal 20 damage to all opponents, if you use no other powers this round.

Petrifying Gaze
Burn 10 and choose a Hero: If that Hero didn't spend 10 to specifically Avoid your Gaze this round, they are turned to stone.

Very Big
Any damage dealt to you is halved (rounded down).

Omega Blades
You may rearrange your Attack and Defense values after they have been revealed, as long as the total remains the same. If after doing so (or choosing not to) your total Defense is exactly equal to any combination of Attacks targeting you, you may choose new targets for each of those Attacks.

Stockpile
Each turn, gain defnese equal to the turn number times 10. Burn 10 to add an extra 10 to defense for that turn and every turn thereafter.

Mimicry
Spend X: You may use any single Power in play whose Power Strength is X, this round. Burn 10 to Spend X: You may use a single dead player's Power whose Power Strength is X.

Laser Goggles
Burn 10: Do 10 unavoidable damage to a Hero. Use no more than three times per round.

Black Vapours
Spend 20: All Defense is nullified this round, regardless of its source.

Big Guns
Add 50 to each of your Attacks.

Cool Shades
Use once per round: Double the strength of your Attacks and Defense. If you do so, you must reveal what you are doing this round before other players choose

Return to “Forum Games”