Pangalactic Mutant Rumble! (Round 7)

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

saztronic

Postby saztronic » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:56 pm

That's a very interesting and creative solution I hadn't thought of. There are three issues with it, though.

1. Precog Reflector provides foresight before attacks are made. What about Powers that have nothing to do with Attack. Can you see them? I think not. It was modeled in some part on the Precognition power from the Heroes website, which states:

Heroes wrote:Precognition: You may choose how to put Energy into Attack and Defense after other people have revealed their choices. You must still choose which powers you are using normally, however.

Does "their choices" imply choices about Attack and Defense, but not about other Powers that have nothing to do with attack and defense? I don't know if I can answer it because the language is ambiguous, but my sense is that's correct -- Precog doesn't let you see Powers that don't have to do directly with Attack or Defense in that round.

2. Even if you could see other Powers, if two people have Precog, how do we resolve it? Both of you could see the others' attacks and defense and Powers, and could both adjust yours accordingly, but then you'd both foresee that and adjust again and so on in an endless feedback loop. I don't think that could work.

3. Then there's the issue of sequencing. Unless stated otherwise, all attacks, defense, and powers resolve simultaneously. In the case of Hyperspeed Attack 2.0, it was crystal clear -- it took affect (resolved) before all other Powers and attacks, including Mimic. Therefore, Hyperspeed couldn't be Mimicked.

Precog Reflector isn't as crystal clear, but I think the same reasoning applies. The precognitive foresight occurs before everything else resolves; since Mimic is included in that "everything else", I have to conclude that it's not possible to Mimic any Precognitive Power.

Anyway. Long explanation of this ruling: No, you can't Mimic the Precognitive Reflector Power. Even if you could, it's not clear to me that you would "foresee" the Snow Goon Power being used in a way that would help you.
I kill threads. It's what I do.
Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:09 am

((Other thing is, even being able to target that snow goon, all of your attacks happen at the same time, so attacking the snow goon wouldn't help. You'd be attacking the snow goon and the ice demon, but he could still deflect your attack entirely to the goon before the attacks finish resolving.
Scratch and sniff text
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:32 am

OOC: Yeah, Nankaroth, it wouldn't help this round, but next round it would mean he had no snow goons left t pass his attack onto, so I could've killed him

IC: Alright then *He gives a solemn nod* I'll accept neither of us can defeat the other, and that we truce, and we win this together, as a draw
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:01 pm

((
Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons: In any round, spend all your Energy to spawn one Snow Goon, under your control, with energy equal to the amount you paid. Each goon will split his Attack among any Heroes who Attacked him during the previous round, expending all his energy on Attack; if no one Attacked the Goon during the previous round, he will Defend at maximum. Each round, you may redirect one Attack against you to each Snow Goon you control, but its severity is increased by 25%.

It sounds like He could re-direct the same turn he made it... so, while not having any left that turn, he'd have one next turn at the same time you attack.))
Scratch and sniff text
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:16 pm

With a jarring thrum, the stasis field is reinstated in the chamber. THE CORINTHIAN, the ICE DEMON, and assorted snow goons are caught like insects in amber. A faint whirring noise starts up and a circular aperture in the sidewall irises open. An oblong hoverskid floats into the chamber, piloted by a creature that might once have been human. The top section of what would have been its head seems to have been removed; a nest of crystalline wires sprouts from the skull like hair. Some snake their way into ports in the hoverskid, while others wave about in the air like antennae, lit from within by a silvery light. The being has no apparent limbs. Its face is covered chin to nose in a mesh metallic mask, and its eyes are sealed shut by scar tissue.

The skid approaches the area where the two mutants are held frozen. The being tilts its "head" toward one, then the other, appearing to consider them both. A raspy voice emanates from the skid.

"I am General Vicious."

He turns to THE CORINTHIAN.

"Your occular cybernetic implants and Plack wave-pattern replication talents serve you well. They will be most useful indeed in our campaign. I assume the former can be adapted for biogenetic reproduction." He shrugs. "No matter. If not, we can have them surgically implanted early in gestation."

He turns to the ICE DEMON.

"Whereas your precognitive abilities, and that trick of creating semi-sentient proxies out of nothing more than starlight and vaccum, appears to have ensured your survival. But survival is not enough. Only victory is acceptable."

"You can see my predicament. I promised that the victor would be allowed to go, but there is no victor here."

The skid turns nimbly and heads for the exit.

"I believe a... compromise is called for. We require both your talents, and our needs will be best served if we have a prototype fusant before we attempt mass production. I'm sure that some part of each you will survive the procedure, and will be capable of something resembling life. Whatever you become will be released in due time, once your merged memories of this facility have been eradicated."

The skid slides noiselessly from the chamber, and the aperture whisks shut.

"Thank you for your participation. On behalf of the human race, allow me to express our appreciation for your contribution in our hour of greatest need."

GAME OVER

deadboy and Neuman draw, and are thus co-Supergalactic Mutant Champions. Woo.
I kill threads. It's what I do.
Neuman

Postby Neuman » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:01 pm

Sorry for the lack of RP and such. What with Deathly Hallows, and complications during the collage registration process, I had no time at all.

Edit: You know, it completely slipped my mind that the game finished. Congrats deadboy.

Return to “Forum Games”