Superhero Rumble! (GAME OVER!)

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

AoM

Postby AoM » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:57 pm

All Science bids are in! Ready for the results, true believers?

First, the folks who didn't even take a science course:

Nakranoth, Racetyme, Saztronic, and Neuman all bid nothing.
Deadboy bid 5... but that won't cut it, he gets an F.
AntiChrist Online bid 10... study harder son... C-.
Razorlance bid 15... standard science student. But not exactly a 'genius.' We'll give him a B.
Which leaves us HF and Pie, our two top students. Both masters of their fields, but only one is at the top of the class...
HF bid 25
Pie bid only 20.
FormerlyHF is a Scientific Genius!

Okay, everyone except HF needs to get me in their bids on the rest of the powers if they haven't already.
AoM

Postby AoM » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:03 am

Looking ahead to the actual gameplay, once the bidding is done, I would like for all communication for this game to take place in the thread. Otherwise this would become one big silent game of PMs and I don't want it to be that way.

BUT, since alliance-making is a part of this game, I will be allowing each player ONE (1) PM per game round to another player. You must CC me on the PM so that I can keep track. You are allowed one response to each PM that you receive.

So if three people PM you, you can have three responses plus your regular PM.

It's going to have to be honor system on this, but I trust you all to play by the rules. :wink:

Once powers are finalized (after HF makes his final bids), you are all invited to make up a name and small bio for your superhero persona. It can be as serious or as tongue-in-cheek as you want it. (We already know about Pastry Boy.)

The story will go something like this: A Mastermind villain (Lord Entropy) has stolen something (or someone) precious to each superhero... something that each of you values above your own life. He has then lured you all to his island fortress, a place littered with diabolical traps and dangerous landscapes, and revealed his evil designs. He demands that each of you fight each other to the death. The winner will get the object of their desire back, unharmed, and be free to go. The losers will of course die, but their participation will guarantee the survival or safe return of their loved ones (things).

So, when you create your superhero, you should also mention who (or what) they are fighting for.
AoM

Postby AoM » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:11 am

Apologies for the lack of frequent updating. Bids have come in speedily enough, but some folks bid more than 100 total energy (Remember that the Scientific Genius bid counts) so I'm just waiting on a couple re-bids and then I'll be sending HF the bidding information.

I'm hoping to have all bids tallied by tomorrow morning/noon. Meaning that we could see everyone having their powers and doing their introductions by Thursday - hopefully.

I'm actually very happy with the level of participation behind the scenes thus far, and I think this will work out well. Just bear with the setup process for another day or so and we'll be good to go.

:)
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:48 pm

Let people bid more than 100 total energy - but if they win all of their bids, they start dead ;)
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Racetyme

Postby Racetyme » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:40 pm

And I don't really see how their sceintific genius bids matter, they already lost those so it doesn't seem to me they should factor into anything.
RAM DISK is not an installation procedure!
AoM

Postby AoM » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:30 pm

I don't want people to overbid and start the game dead, so no, I'm keeping a strict 100 energy on bids cap.

Being that I am doing that, and since Scientific Genius is a power just like the other powers, I am going to hold firm the the ruling.

Losing bidders on Scientific Genius still have plenty of energy, and when the battle round begins, they will gain all losing bid energy back.

I'm waiting on a respons from deadboy and then I'll send HF the results.
AoM

Postby AoM » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:17 pm

Okay bid results are in to HF.

I want to be clear on one thing: If you didn't win a bid, you will NOT lose that energy.

The Scientific Genius power has muddled things because it created an extra round.

In reality, the bidding on the Genius power is linked to all other bidding. They occur with the same 100 point spending cap.
Nakranoth

Postby Nakranoth » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:12 am

Alright... just want to clarify something... all taunting and whatnot happens here of course, but when setting up a round's attacks/defense that's in a PM to the mod?... so as not to give late-commers an advantage. Also, what about power declarations?
Scratch and sniff text
AoM

Postby AoM » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:10 am

That is correct, Nakranoth. The majority of your strategizing and taunting and whatever will go on in this thread. You may even say exactly what you intend to do in the thread.

But the official use of powers and allocation of attack/defense is PM'd directly to me, so that no one can know for certain what the earlier posters' strategies are.

Nothing said in this thread is binding unless it comes from me. 8)
AoM

Postby AoM » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:14 am

If anyone is wondering, HF has gotten his bids into me, but two players are still tied for a power, so I'm waiting for a bid-off result.
Pie

Postby Pie » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:38 pm

Here's a question, if someone looses on one of their bids, do they get to re-bid on a differen't power?

or do they automaticly get the unclaimed power?
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
Antichrist_Online

Postby Antichrist_Online » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:10 pm

If someone loses all their bids, the get no powers, I think. Mortals can still play and win, but it might be harder.
Mistress's Puppy
AoM

Postby AoM » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:03 pm

Okay, without further delay here are the results. Players with their current energy, followed by won powers (winning bid in parantheses):

Antichrist Online
47 energy
Soul-Eater (32)
Vampiric Bite (21)

FormerlyHF
73 energy
Scientific Genius (25)
Big Gnashy Claws (1)
Tai Chi (1)

Racetyme
70 energy
Extra Arms (30)

Saztronic
78 energy
Glass Swords (22)

deadboy
45 energy
Forcefields (15)
Ants! (10)
Taxation (15)
Spinning Cobra Clutch (15)

Razorlance
68 energy
Orange Brick Skin (21)
Charged Armor (11)

Neuman
75 energy
Icy Touch (10)
Precognition (15)

Pie
50 energy
Really Big Guns (30)
Titanium Skin (20)

Nakranoth
97 energy
Taunting (3)
saztronic

Postby saztronic » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:36 am

Origin Story:

Jose Vidro was born in Brazil, the son of a particle physicist and a painter. Much to the chagrin of his father, young Jose took more to art than science. He became a sculpter, and eventually, a world class glass blower. His creations were sold all over the world and brought him great wealth. While he was renowned, however, he was frustrated with the scale of his work. He longed to make massive sculptures of glass, truly gigantic structures that would dominate a city skyline or even serve as buildings in their own right.

Frustrated by the limitations of regular glass production, he began to draw on the long neglected scientific half of his heritage, engaging in experiments that used tiny, controlled fission reactions and electromagnetc pulses to manipulate huge quantities of silicate at the subatomic level. One day he pushed his work too far. While manipulating a mass of molten crystal, one of the fission reactions spiraled out of control. Radiation bathed his arms and torso, while subatomically unstable silicates fused with his flesh and bones. He survived the accident. If you could call it survival.

His arms were transformed into masses of sharp-edged crystals that extended outward like glittering blades. His body, now little more than a self-sustaining malfunction, continued producing crystal at the celluar level every day. He found that not only was he prevented from working, and from physical contact with others, he was also forced to shed his body's weight in glass each day lest it consume him entirely. He became a danger to others, leaving a trail of razor sharp debris everywhere he went. Eventually, however, he learned to control his disease. He found that he was able to release the crystal in controlled bursts, and even trained himself to fire it as clouds of deadly, high speed flechette projectiles. In remorse and despair over his lost life, he took to roaming the streets of São Paulo at night, wiping the streets clean of the gangs and thugs that held it hostage. Among his people he became known as "Espada de Vidro": The Glass Sword.

A week ago, however, his most precious possession was stolen. A painting, made by his mother long ago, of him as a child, playing in the sand at the beach on holiday. Jose's only peace came from looking at this painting -- the look of innocence and concentration on the boy's face, the familiar brush strokes placed lovingly by his mother's hand, the simple delight of the boy's discovery of a lifelong passion, all hearkened back to a time before his accident, before his amibition, before his folly. It was the last remnant of his former life, and as such, his only link to the regular existence now denied him. Then he received a telegram, telling him what he would have to do to get the painting back...
I kill threads. It's what I do.
Pie

Postby Pie » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:06 am

story

It was a dark night, in a city that knows how to holds its secrets, but one man, or better put, boy was trying to weed out the truth, for the sum of 85 dollars an hour. He was, Alexandro martines, private I...

I was walking down the streat, a grubby streat in a horrid neighborhood. But I was safe, I was backing a .45. I quickly turned down an alley and jumped up a fire escape. I climed up untill I got level with the first floor window. This time, I was hired by the gov. to keep track of their funding to the NCFPM, nobody really knows what that means though. I had a vidio camera up to the dusty window, and I looked inside.

to my surprise, I saw some sort of devise, looking like something that would be on some cheep 80's scy fi movie, looking like tesler coils, aimed at some lady. "oh no," I gasped, and my awesome reflexes came in as I jumped through the window (verry heroicly, might I ad) and jumped in the way of the device. It wasn't a teser coil, but some sort of pastry mutation device! It gave me titanium skin, hightened entelegence (although not as much as HF,) and increacced my handsom-ness incredibally.

one of the scientists yelled "who are you?" as everyone else were congradulateing the succes. I clutched my head as these changes were happening inside me... "uggh" and then, I went all emo like spidreman, and pulled out the 45, exept some sort of mutation happened on that to! it was now a GIANT PIE BAZOOKA! I, not being one to complain when I get a bigger gun, fired at the scientists, saved the lady (she was ungratefull, and I never saw her again) and left them all in a sticky mess of blueberry, cherry an apple (with some curstard mixed in.) soon after, the athorities came in. the scientests were on the ground, and there was a pool of pie filling on the ground, and the more obese scientist were licking their fiingers and eating some of the pie... they all god 50-life, for exendure of government funds, and kidnapping, and jenerally being a nucans and turning someone into a pastry based mutant.

and now, I am, PASTRY BOY! *heroic pose!*

I later learned that NCFPM stands for "national comitty for pastry mutation" Its sad what the government will fund now adays. *shakes his head*
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn

Paranormal Investigation Exorsism

Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison

Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!

Return to “Forum Games”