Not-so-quick riddle

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

formerly known as hf

Not-so-quick riddle

Postby formerly known as hf » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:28 pm

Please be clear and full when reasoning your answers
-------------------------------------------

Three friends attend the travelling fair. One is Personal Secretary on her lunch break, another is a closet lesbian, and the other is an extra-terrestrial non-carbon-based lifeform.

They approach the tin-can shooting range. The shooiting range guy can sees them approach, but cannot tell the difference between them.

They look shifty to him, however, so he watches closely as they play.

The first friend to approach pays £1, takes 5 shots, knocks over 6 cans and says "I'll take the jackpot prize of a weekend for two in Prague"

The next friend to approach pays £1.50, takes 4 shots, knocks over 4 cans, and says "Ah, well, better luck next time, I suppose"

The final friend to approach pays nothing, takes ten shots, knocks down 2 cans and says "EEg Beeg BOOGle" and leaves.

The stall owner is now sure something fishy is up, and is determined to find which is the alien, so he can sell her to the CIA in order to re-coup the loss of the jackpot. He decides he'll only need to ask one question

"Where's the post-office"

So:
1. How much does 1 shot at the range cost
2. Which friend is the alien
3. Why can't the stall owner tell the difference between the friends
4. Which friend(s) is/are lying, and which friend(s) is/are telling the truth
5. What species is the fish
6. What colour are my socks today
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:16 pm

Ok..... what!?....

Well I suppose three is because they are all women (It says sell her), but other than that this is just wierd (What colour are my socks today...) is this actually serious because if it is I'll sit down and have a decent look at it, but right now.... I'm just going to say... what!?
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:38 pm

!. The shots are free... the money was just a donation
2. The one who knocked over the sixth can with her tenticle
3. The stall owner is blind
4. Only the third is truthful
5. Must be a sucker fish
6. Those are soxs? I thought you forgot to wash your feet again :S

Run...Dragon...Run!!!
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:29 am

Three friends attend the travelling fair.

Keep this in mind- there's got to be something to do with this and asking where the post office is..

TRAVELLING fair. It moves. City to city..
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:45 am

He wouldn't be "watching closely" if he was blind. It's possible that the lesbian and the secretary are identical twins, and the alien has taken their form, so they look like triplets. Another chance is that they are Muslim fundamentalists and totally covered by identical robes, so details are blurred. But technically yeah, just as long as they all look like a woman, it would be impossible to say by the looks which one is which. And how does the shooting range keeper know one of them is an alien?

It should be possible to knock over 6 cans with less than 6 shots since they're piled on top of each other, right? So if you hit the ones on the bottom, the top ones will fall down. Unless it's rigged.

Logically one would say that the last one is the alien since why else would they talk that way? We could say that the secretary is too busy at the office to go on a trip, but since it's a WEEKEND trip, weekends are usually free.

Also the payments could be linearly reverse to the number of shots. 4 = 1.5, 5 = 1, everything after 7 = 0. Though if it was truely linear, the range keeper would in fact pay to the one taking ten shots.
Not-so-sad panda
Sunni Daez

Postby Sunni Daez » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:37 pm

ok now I am truely confuddled!!!!
)
(by the way.. the post office is across the street..

Run...Dragon...Run!!!

Return to “Forum Games”