Cantr Mafia III - Game over - Innocents win!

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Mafia Salad

Cantr Mafia III - Game over - Innocents win!

Postby Mafia Salad » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:42 am

MAFIA RULES - Borrowed from AoM and modified to fit this game.

In this game
-There are three teams, 2 Mafias and the Village.
-The game is played in rounds, and each round has a Day time and a Night time.
-During the Night, One of the Mafias select a person to kill (Elgas Empire goes on the first night, Rebellion on the second, alternating ever night), and other Night-time characters perform their abilities.
-During the Day, all players participate by deciding on a player they want lynched (killed and removed from the game). The Village is trying to lynch the Mafia members.
-If all Mafia members are killed, the Village wins.
-If the Mafia manages to kill enough Villagers so that the Mafia equals or outnumbers the remaining players, then the Mafia wins. One Mafia must eliminate the other mafia completely to win.
-All roles are randomly determined and are secret. You may of course tell people what you are, but they may or may not believe you.
-Players may not PM each other about the game unless their role permits them to do so.
-If there is no other tie-breaking mechanism in play, tie votes are determined by the longest held last vote (LHLV), which means that if two players each have four votes on them, the person lynched is the one who first received the 4th vote.

Teams and Roles

The Elgas Empire - “You can’t talk it out with those power hungry dictators. And there are only two ways this can go: they win, or we win. Nobody can come to a compromise." - Tina Butterfingers, 1425.

The Elgas Empire gets to submit a night kill every odd numbered night. Their goal is to kill all of the Rebellion and have equal to or more people left in the town than the innocents. Once that is complete they win the game.

Robie Elgas - “Robie is just not sane and was not behaving well at all in the last week…nearly killing two people over minor things.” - Guenivere, 1425

Robie is the self proclaimed leader of the newly formed Elgas Empire. Without a prison death was the only punishment he enforced for all crimes. He encourage all others in the town, whether visitor or citizen, to help him in enforcing this punishment. - He is the leader of the Elgas Empire. He can PM any other players who are in the empire and is responsible for sending the kill order to me on nights when the empire is able to night kill.

Tina Butterfingers - “Has a thief taken something? where did he or she go? I'll kill him or her, for a price." - Tina Butterfingers, 1418

Tina came to Zhift Forest to collect wood to build a ship. She also came with a crossbow, the only one in the forest. After seeing the Rebellion attack Robie and chase him out onto the road she joined Robie to help him retake control of the town. - She is a member of the Elgas Empire. She will know who the player of Robie is and can PM with him. She becomes the Empire leader if Robie is killed.

The Rebellion - “You see, the three from Baaak Hills, Gohanez, Linter and Ephesys, staged the whole overthrow as a means of stealing all the wood in the storage." - Loud Larry, 1426

The Rebellion gets to submit a night kill every even numbered night. Their goal is to kill all of the Elgas Empire and have equal to or more people left in the town than the innocents. Once that is complete they win the game.

Gohanez Hohahn - “Gohanez is the main one against him. I think he his trying to kill him now.” - Brandy Campbell, 1425

Gohanez Hohahn, Royal Knight Marshal of Baaak Hills West, was in Zhift Forest on a wood collecting mission from his King. After being accused of theft and attack by Robie Elgas, Gohanez organized a rebellion against him driving him out of town. - He is the leader of the Rebellion, He can PM any other players who are in the rebellion and is responsible for sending the kill order to me on nights when the rebellion is able to night kill.

Linter Jugnate - “Guess once Linter saw all that wood he couldn't resist grabbing it and running” - Shona Kree, 1425

He came with Gohanez to gather wood and soon found a quicker way to gather it. Gohanez was accused of this theft and a few days later Robie had been run out of town and Linter along with Ephysis had stolen over 15,000g. Of wood - He is a member of the Rebellion, He will know who the player of Gohanez is and can PM him. He becomes the rebellion leader if Gohanez is killed.

The Innocents
- “We are all peaceful here except for those couple rabble rousers.” - Guenivere, 1425

The goal of the innocents is to eliminate both of the mafias before one of them control the town. If all members of the mafias are killed off the innocents win.

*Eleanor DeFoix - “Gohanez was trying to set up a new government here, but when Eleanor figured out what they had done, she tossed him out." - Loud Larry, 1426

Hoping to build a boat for the Drakt Free Company, Eleanor came to the forest to collect wood and recruit a crew. When things turned south and someone discovered that wood was missing she took it upon herself to find the criminal. - She is an investigator, she can PM me the name of any player she wishes to investigate every night and I will tell her if they are mafia or not.

*Loud Larry - “You have no rights her, sir. Robyn is the only current resident and all authority lies with her. If she gives the word I will gladly put an arrow in your heart.” - Loud Larry, 1425

Larry came with Eleanor collecting wood for the Drakt Free Company, After Gohanez came back from the road and told Eleanor to fight Larry made every effort to get everyone who took part in the rebellion out of the town. - Larry is a hunter, if just he and one of either mafia are left alone at the end of the game he will kill that person and the town will win.

*Wank Chutney - “Of course, as to Wank's motivation, that's anybody's guess…” - Shona Kree, 1425

Perhaps the best friend of Robie Elgas, perhaps nothing more than a confused little man. Wank was talked into attacking Robie when everyone else did and then later joined him on the road to plot against Gohanez. - Wank is a one shot Vigilante. Able to PM me on any one night to kill someone.

*Robyn Arrows - "I have always been one to keep the peace and I do not intend on leading poorly armed, unprotected people into battle." - Robyn Arrows, 1431

After John Kite died Robyn Arrows was left in charge of the Zhift Forest Trading Company. Robie Elgas had convinced her to let him start the government there but Robyn remained arguably the most influential person in town with access to a locked building. - She is a protector, she can use her keys to protect someone every night, but she cannot protect the same person two night in a row.

*Emmy Metro - “I ran into quite the crowd on the road out there. Does anybody care to fill me in on what happened while I was gone?" - Emmy Metro, 1425

Trying to set up a radio network Emmy comes to Zhift Forest to get wood and copper as well as to spread her advertisements. She makes a short trip to Zhift Hills west only to find a deposed ruler and his followers ranting on the road on her way back. She continues to the forest and begins asking questions about what happened while she was away. - She is a special investigator. On the third night she may investigate any three people by PMing me their names and I will tell her if they are mafia or not.

Bjarnur & Guenivere - “Hello good people of Zhift Forest. My name is Bjarnur, and this pretty girl is my love, Guenivere.” - Bjarnur, 1418

Bjarnur and Guenivere are a happy young couple who picked a bad time to collect some wood. - They are both innocents.

Shona Kree - “If anybody can recognize a con-artist, it should be me." - Shona Kree, 1424

Shona was a resident of Baaak Hills west who came independently to gather wood in Zhift Forest. After only a couple days she became actively involved in the plotting and later the action against Robie. After she discovered the theft though, she left the Rebels and returned to the woods. - She is a tinker, she is an innocent who will appear to be mafia to any investigators.

* 3 of these 5 roles will be used at random.

If you want to know more about how the game is played read one of the other Cantr Mafia game threads. Any out of game question or comments can be posted in the sign up thread.
Last edited by Mafia Salad on Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:09 am, edited 8 times in total.
Fortune Cookie Says:
You should consider a career change, you'd make an excellent doormat.

[quote]1441-7: You skillfully kill a racoon using a broom.[/quote]
Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:09 am

Players alive:
Torkess_theCommie
N-Aldwitch

Players dead:
Spider (Emmy Metro) - Special Investigator - Killed night 1
Pie (Linter Jugnate) - Mafia - Lynched day 2
Sanchez (Robyn Arrows) - Protector - Killed night 2
deadboy (Shona Kree) - Tinker - Lynched day 3
Sparkle (Guenivere) - Innocent - Killed night 3
Talapus (Tina Butterfingers) - Mafia - Lynched day 4
Bowser (Robie Elgas) - Mafia Godfather - Killed night 4
Shay (Gohanez Hohahn) - Mafia Godfather - Lynched day 5

The situation in Zhift Forest has gone from Bad to worse. Robie Elgas new rules are far from popular, and very few people in the town have any loyalty towards him. On top of that a gathering party from Baaak Hills west has come with more than happy smiles and a willingness to cooperate. All that is needed to spark this dangerous tinder is one small thing, like the large amount of wood that has just been stolen from the unlocked storage room. Someone needs to pay for this crime.

All Role PM’s have been sent. Day One begins.
Last edited by Mafia Salad on Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:11 am, edited 7 times in total.
Fortune Cookie Says:

N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:47 am

Oh hello there! Where are you from, you two? *he looks at a couple of newcomers* I'm just cutting some wood!
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
Spider

Postby Spider » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:59 am

*he looks up as he chops wood, then focuses back on the wood*
Bowser

Postby Bowser » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:01 am

There seems to be a few people with wood on their mind *looks from the piles of wood by the lumberjacks to the unlocked storage door*
Homer wrote: "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "
sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:18 am

Let's not cast aspersions.
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:31 am

Are there any taxes on this wood?

"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

Sparkle

Postby Sparkle » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:47 pm

*she chops wood by Spider, shaking her head at all the commotion, but decides not to say a word just yet*
a day without cantr, is a day spent in bed convulsing and suffering from withdrawl
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:47 pm

Oh.. *he looks to his side with dismay, and in a whisper, speaks to someone* Tensions are certainly rising here..

Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:35 pm

Looking around the town you can see these things.

There are a small handful of building in the area.
ZFTC storage
Dave's Forest Dwelling
Ald Rune

There are also several unfinished building projects, most notably the Elgas Empire Prison.

Notes on the ground include

The Laws of the Elgas Empire
Resource Gathering tax - 10% with a gathering slip, 20% without. Not paying the tax is considered theft.
Theft and all other crimes are punished by death until the completion of the Prison. All people in the forest are responsible for keeping and enforcing the laws.

Trade or Work for the ZFTC
The Zhift Forest Trading Company is looking for able and awake workers to gather wood, copper and other local resources as well as to make runs to other towns to collect and trade resources.

If you are looking to trade, the ZFTC has wood, copper and other local resources available. The ZFTC is looking for iron, steel, food, healing food, rubber, finished tools and weapons and nearly anything else that we find useful.

The Baaak Area Radio Network!
The Baaak Area Radio Network is looking for anyone to donate wood, copper, rubber, or their time to help establish a radio network in the towns of Baaak, Zhift, and Mulof. The networks goal is to help traders and collectors in the area work together over a larger area to get the needed supplies where they need to go.

A trail of woodchips lead from Dave’s Forest Dwelling toward the quiet cluster of people on the south end of town who appear to be sleeping, where the woodchips mix in with the scraps of current wood cutting projects.
Fortune Cookie Says:

deadboy

Postby deadboy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:59 pm

Hi! Is it ok if I collect wood here?
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
Spider

Postby Spider » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:38 pm

Sure, I see no reason why not to....I mean, thats why everyone's here.
Bowser

Postby Bowser » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:40 pm

*reads the laws* I guess I can handle a 10% tax, not like there is much of a choice
Homer wrote: "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:45 pm

*Slightly sarcastically* Wow, real party going on here isn't it?
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:09 pm

*he doesn't reply and continues chopping wood*

Return to “Forum Games”