Cantr Mafia III - Sign up thread.

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:00 pm

Sorry for the delay, I was traveling out to school and didn't have internet access. Sign ups are now closed.

Players are:

Talapus
deadboy
Sparkle
Shay
sanchez
Spider
Pie
Bowser
Torkess_theCommie
N-Aldwitch

I'll outline roles and rules tonight or tommorow as I have the time and then start the game.
Fortune Cookie Says:
You should consider a career change, you'd make an excellent doormat.

[quote]1441-7: You skillfully kill a racoon using a broom.[/quote]
Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:29 am

In response to some PMed questions.

You don't need to play your character based on what you know of them or what I typed in the short paragraph. If you want to hide who you are by playing as a different character type or gender that's alright. This game can be won with deception. Or if you just don't want to play that type of person that's alright too.

You don't need to role play but you can if you want. I think it makes the game better, but then again I was lynched on the first day both times I played (I think it's name discrimination).

You certainly don't need to play exactly as the person you are suppose to be, if you do other who know the character could easily know who you are, but adding some character can be good. If you want people to know who you are, that's fine, You can even say I'm xxxxx. If you don't and want to play as a green octopus that's fine too (although it defeats the idea of a theme game), your ability to do actions will be the same. I'll narrate killings and such with a blend of actual or probable in Cantr events and goings ons of the mafia game. Ignoring anyone's role playing only if it's really stupid.

When you vote, you vote in public. Bolding the name of the person you want to vote for.

Ex:

AoM was quick to throw out a vote, I think that is quite suspicious. I vote we lynch AoM he has to have an agenda.

or

AoM has a stupid avatar, I hate looking at it and want him dead.

Vote: AoM

either way I'll understand.
Fortune Cookie Says:

Talapus

Postby Talapus » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:31 am

Just a few questions. How long is the day/night cycle? Are roles revealed upon a players death?
Sparkle

Postby Sparkle » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:10 pm

Mafia Salad wrote: but then again I was lynched on the first day both times I played (I think it's name discrimination).

:lol:
a day without cantr, is a day spent in bed convulsing and suffering from withdrawl
Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:21 pm

Days will be 48 hours, I'll up it to 72 this first day and maybe the rest depending on how active the game is.
Fortune Cookie Says:

Spider

Postby Spider » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:53 am

You should have killed someone the first night.
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:41 am

Is it too late to sign up????

edit: oh, I see they're closed. :( Oh well, I don't know any of those carries anyways.
Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:57 am

You should have killed someone the first night.

I was thinking the same thing earlier today, but I'm not to worried about things being slow the first day. Even if nobody votes then there will be a night kill anyways and that will spark some conversation.

The first day is a good way to test water and see who is being conversational or who is willing to vote and who is trying not to draw attention. I may try something different if I mod another of theses games.

Edit: I'll put you down as an alternate Oasis, a few people haven't posted yet and may not be able to play.
Fortune Cookie Says:

Pie

Postby Pie » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:52 pm

DARNIT. I leave for four days and I'm lynched.

Wish i hadn't gone to my frends house... (not really, it was fun)

Well I'm in for the next game.
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
Spider

Postby Spider » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:36 am

This has been bothering me for a while, but are people allowed to talk when the day ends?? I remember it was time to sleep when that happened.
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:11 am

Lol, god knows how I got into such a huge shouting match on that game ;)
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
N-Aldwitch

Postby N-Aldwitch » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:14 pm

Heh that was pretty cool that you got to play Shona, it RP'ed out well because, well, you were closely involved with her. It's strange, this game is role-playing Role-play. It's like making a movie about a movie...
Nakranoth's "evil" character says:
"Thief! That's terrible! *shakes his head* That would hurt people's feeling if I did that."

http://www.sylorn.com - Free MMORPG in development.. need help.
Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:58 pm

AoM let people talk during the night in the second game, but if they voted it didn't count. I see no reason to change that.
Fortune Cookie Says:

Sparkle

Postby Sparkle » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:04 pm

Well, I can't say I didn't see that coming. :P
a day without cantr, is a day spent in bed convulsing and suffering from withdrawl
Mafia Salad

Postby Mafia Salad » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:05 am

Here is a chance for some of you early departure and casual observers from the game to tell some of your suspicions.

If you’ve been keeping track we have come to a point where the game could be over soon (or could go on another couple days). But there are still 5 players remaining in the game, from all three sides, all with the possibility of winning it. I think it would be interesting to see what our dead towns people think is what before the game ends.

So what I’d like is for anyone who thinks they have some idea of who is who to PM me with any or all of:

- Which players play which of the 5 remaining characters.

- Which of the special villager roles (Eleanor, Larry or Wank) is still in the game and who is playing them.

- Who you think will win, when (day 4 lynch, night 5 kill etc.) and why you think that.

And/or

- Any other predictions.

Again PM me, don’t post it here because that may change the way the players play out the rest of the game. I’ll post the closest and farthest guesses as well as any other interesting ones after the game is over.

It should be interesting to find out who has the most accurate suspicions, who is easiest to read, and who is putting on the best face.
Fortune Cookie Says:

Return to “Forum Games”