Cantr II History Quiz

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:10 pm

Hermi gets it. I only spelled out the name. :)
Spider

Postby Spider » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:34 pm

AoM wrote:Sanchez gets the win. It was Alexander Mason, or Lord Mogul Blackrock as he preferred to be known towards the end.

Rafaela Cervantes was associated with Alexander Mason, but she started the clan which became known as the nation of Mobilia.

Okay, Sanchez gets to ask the next question. I'm off the hook.

She started the original tribe but was forced out because he pretty much took it over.
AoM

Postby AoM » Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:35 am

Truly? Well, I guess you can claim victory of a sorts too then. Alex had claimed to be there from the start, so I had to take his word for it. And Rafaela had purposefully distanced herself from TBR as well.
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:44 pm

So where's the next question?
Spider

Postby Spider » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:32 pm

I didn't get his answer but I am still a winner...but, since its down to Sanchez or the_antisocial_hermit, I'll just wait for one of them to ask.
sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:12 pm

Spider, it's yours.
Spider

Postby Spider » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:12 pm

sanchez wrote:Spider, it's yours.

That sucks.

Alright, how about this, Who was the leader of the Red Knights?
Bowser

Postby Bowser » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:08 am

Pauric Grimes was the leader of the Red Knights
Homer wrote: "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "
Spider

Postby Spider » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:20 am

Damn, I didn't expect you to hang around the forums much :lol:

Anyways, you got it so your turn, ask away.
Bowser

Postby Bowser » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:02 am

I can't think of anything, it's either too easy or too hard, but I'll give it a shot:

What was the name of the group that first rose to power on Sring-Sri Island?

Bonus Questions: Can you name a few people in said group.
Homer wrote: "Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. "
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:22 pm

D.I.G
Not-so-sad panda
Elros

Postby Elros » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:05 pm

Yes it was D.I.G. like Seko said, here is a little of the story I found. This is not my character by the way, just a note I found.

My name is Jerry Hatari. This name may mean nothing to you, and I’m not offended by
that. I just want the story of Sring-sri Island to be heard and known. In that
story, I’m also going to include my own experiences, both in life and in love, so
I’ll ask you to bear with me….

I’m a simple man…. Well, I –was- a simple man when I came to the age of 20. I
simply wanted to spread joy with music. No, I couldn’t sing, but I could create
simple rhythms and beats using my voice and the objects around me…. But I’m getting
off-track. I had simple desires that would… did… make others feel good. Bri Kamaco
was one of those people. Her voice, that of an angel. We made an excellent team…. My
rhythm, her song….

The island of Sring-sri is a dangerous island, in and of itself. Small creatures
with backs as hard as rocks, also known as scarabs, along with other dangerous
animals inhabit the land. Many of the people were very kind, though. Food and
information were given freely. A free society, much like the town of Naron on the
mainland.

Little known to the free people, a team was being forged in the mountains. This
team was known as D.I.G. The Dhung Iron Guard. They had a fortress set up many years
ago. Back when iron could be pulled from the ground with bare hands. They used an
iron fist and a steel blade to take control of the island, herding everyone out of
areas that they wanted to control, and killing or imprisoning any who stood in their
way. I know, because I was one of the many imprisoned. Thrice. Each time they
imprisoned me, they were prepared to simply starve me to death. Bri and I were
together two of the three imprisonments…. Every time, though, a resistance group
came and freed us… As an example to the rest of the island, the groups were mostly
killed. Others fled….

Twice, I was brought near death by DIG’s sabres. Once, the animals nearly took all
of my strength. I fled with Bri, heading to safety. When we finally –did- find a
safe spot, Child of Twilight was there with her boat. She was our saviour… *He
smiles at this point* Child gave us something no one had given us before that point.
A way out. A path to freedom. She helped us to escape. She set us free from the
torments of Sring-sri Island and DIG….

For years, Child, her friend, Bri and myself travelled by boat, searching for land,
until we ran out of food. We were losing hope, starving to death, until we found the
land where Naron lies. Afterwards, the four of us went our separate ways. Bri and I
left, hoping to find a safe place…. A quiet place… A place to call home. We paused
in Lad. Were we to leave, we were told we would be killed. Just like back on
Sring-sri. In Lad… Bri came to have the sleeping sickness. She is dead….

After a time, a plan began to form in my mind. A plan to return to Sring-sri. A
plan to rid the world of DIG and anyone that thought the way they did. Violence is
not how to rule over a people. Violence does no one any good. Ever. I’ve returned to
this island, this island of hell, thanks to the help of the good people of Naron,
such as Director Zany Dane, and Thrud Boarclaw. Moreso thanks to the help of….Rob
Stainton, Pandora, and Wulf. If you wish to rule in this land, know its history. If
you wish to survive in this land, know its animals. If you want to stay on this land
to rule, rule no matter the numbers. Otherwise, with all due respect, king of Dhung,
you do not belong in my home.
Every action has a consequence.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:03 pm

How can you know it's the first group? And dammit, I was about to ask for the author of that note. Now I gotta figure out something else, provided it was the right answer.
Not-so-sad panda
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:39 pm

Very nice note :) ... I was actually on that boat to Naron, I think ... or on the boat behind them, but I think it was the same one :) ...
Bowser

Postby Bowser » Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:01 pm

Yes Seko, it was the Dhung Iron Guard (D.I.G)... a king and a queen that had a longbow and iron shield. No one was allowed to gather iron. No weapons could get past their iron shields, but their little bows could hurt wooden shield owners. Finally they built a stone dwelling, made a smelter, and aquired steel and sabres.

Any person who somehow found a way to scrap up 300 grams of iron by then was now helpless against the sabres. Of course I can't be certain they were the FIRST group to come to power, but they were the first with iron shield and steel sabres and took over the island.

Return to “Forum Games”