Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Dee

Postby Dee » Sun May 08, 2005 9:38 pm

She talks to whichita in private
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Sun May 08, 2005 9:39 pm

Has a quick whispered conversation with Dee, then turns to the Doctor.

Have you managed to find your knives yet, good Doctor?....
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
swymir

Postby swymir » Mon May 09, 2005 12:02 am

No, I have sort of given up hope on ever finding them, but ar eyou completely blind Dee. The evidence is there whether it is true or not. The heart on her chest and the money she was to inherit. That is the eveidence that everyone was hoping to find and now that it is there nobody wishes to trust it. This is just like those voices that accused Mikki that nobody wanted to believe. Well you aksed me if I think Sparkle would have been that stupid as to plant the evidence on herself. Perhaps she wouldn't but perhaps she figured if she made it look like she was set up that it would save her. Did you ever think of that Dee or did you let your own flase accusations get the best of you again. I am merely pointing this out. I do not like to get involved in these debates and for good reason. So once again I will abstain and see what I can do to scrounge up some supplies to prevent any more deaths around here. If you would excuse me.

The doctor walks towards his room above the inn picking up scraps of cloth along the way.[/b]
"My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone."
swymir

Postby swymir » Mon May 09, 2005 12:06 am

Oh and just one more thing... He turns around The human Heart is not a hard thing to locate. At least for those of us who have one. Good day madam. The Doctor once again makes his way to his office above the inn.
"My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone."
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Mon May 09, 2005 2:54 am

Yes, I don't see how the killer would have to have much knowledge of the human body.

And Rainking, it is true that Dragonslayer was rather beat up yesterday and it wouldn't have taken a strong person to kill him, but explain Yo Yo, and Surly, both in fine condition.
Just because you're older, smarter, stronger, more talented... doesn't mean you're BETTER.
RainKing

Postby RainKing » Mon May 09, 2005 4:00 pm

It could have beeen someone whom they trusted enough to let their guard down.

I really thought it was Sparkle yesterday, I'm not so sure now, though. Would she kill her closest ally just to appear innocent? But if she did, then why would she keep the heart?
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Mon May 09, 2005 4:04 pm

Miss Mortaine slips away from the crowd, her black skirts rustling quietly as she leaves.
--
mortaine.
TatteredShoeLace

Postby TatteredShoeLace » Mon May 09, 2005 7:15 pm

Gettin' alittle long here folks. I'm giving everyone 48 hours. Let's go.
1223-4: You kill a elephant using a longbow.

Nick wrote:If you don't check your characters once a day, you're not going anywhere in Cantr. :P
Dee

Postby Dee » Mon May 09, 2005 8:45 pm

I am not changing my mind this time... Not for your sake she points at Spider Or your sake her finger points at Nixit Or anyone else's sake points randomly at everyone

It is Swymir. If you do not believe me, fine, your loss people!!
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Mon May 09, 2005 9:54 pm

Miss Mortaine returns, catching the tail end of Dee's comment.

Miss Dee, I also thought for a short time that Dr. Swymir could have been the killer, but something happened yesterday to change my mind.

You see, I believe the killers were working together. As long as they both were alive, they were confident. Yesterday, the accusations against Mikki were strong and severe. But they boiled down to two camps: those who though Mikki had done it, and those who thought it was Dragon Slayer.

Mr. Wichita was one of those accusing Mr. Dragon Slayer. Now, I do not know why or how, but Mr. Dragon Slayer put up an argument that implicated Mr. Floyd. I don't think it was a very convincing argument, but he was almost certainly desperate to divert the accusations away from himself.

Mr. Wichita almost immediately grabbed onto this new accusation and accused Mr. Floyd. Mr. Wichita, who had until that moment suspected Dragon Slayer. We may all amend our opinions, of course, and be convinced of one person's innocence over another. But I suspect instead that Mr. Wichita did not particularly care who died, so long as it was not himself or Mikki. That was all he needed. He knew he could pick off Dragon Slayer that night-- and in fact, that's exactly what he did. Killed him, and framed Miss Sparkle for the deed. Was he not the very first to cry out that it must have been her, presuming that the rest of us would be so stupid as to ignore the shoddy frame-up job, the obviousness of it?

Do you know what happens to an in probate estate as large as Mr. Dragon Slayer's, if the main benefactor dies before it can be settled or if she were to be implicated in his death? Unlike the endowment to the orphanage, which could have been processed immediately, leaving Miss Sparkle as the benefactor ties up the estate for a long time, and it would be in default if she was unable to claim the estate due to being found guilty of his murder.

With all those fees and little expenses in managing an estate.... I'm sure no one would notice a little bit here and there and there-- it adds up, you know. When my father died, the costs of closing his estate left the press in debt for several years, and I can assure you, the bank obtained quite a lot of his money in interest before it was all over, and that was not even a complicated case such as this one, nor so large an estate as even a fraction of Mr. Dragon Slayer's.

Greed is a tangible motive, and one we can all understand, but to be truthful, I suspect he has a much more primal, vicious instinct drawing Mr. Wichita to kill.
--

mortaine.
Dee

Postby Dee » Mon May 09, 2005 10:13 pm

You made good points, miss mortaine, but I'm still not convinced... Although what you has just said sounds very convencable, but.. I don't know... There is something about Dr. Swymir that makes me very suspicious of him... I'm never comfortable when he's around...
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Mon May 09, 2005 10:23 pm

Miss Mortaine leans in to speak quietly with Dee.
--

mortaine.
AoM

Postby AoM » Mon May 09, 2005 10:32 pm

The door to Alex's shop closes with a moderate thud behind him as he walks to the town square in the middle of Mortaine's speech. He sits down at one of the inn's outdoor tables and listens carefully. At the end he is silent for a bit, then stands up.

"As you all may guess, my mind has been preoccupied as of late... Mikki and I had grown... very close to one another. I've been repeating the words that note in my mind. Over and over. That she could have been one of the killers.

"A part of me is refusing to believe it... but I can't help but think.. what if? What if..." His voice trails off momentarily, until he closes his eyes and shakes his head, beginning again.

"I've been listening to all of you this morning. I've heard bits and pieces of what you've said... I believe that those who went after Mr. Floyd yesterday evening did so recklessly and maliciously... and if it was to draw attention off of Mikki, well... it worked.

"Mikki had told me to be suspicious of Mr. Floyd. And Doc Swymer for that matter... I never really saw any reason to suspect them though. If... if Mikki really was a... you know. Well, then I doubt that those those two could have been guilty.

"Now Mr. Floyd's dead. Mikki's dead too. Doc Swymer's still alive and I consider him innocent. I also think it would be ludicrous for Miss Sparkle to draw such obvious attention to herself with an overwhelming amount of evidence... things like that just don't happen. So Sparkle's innocent too in my book."

Alex chuckles mirthlessly, "I'll probably be the next to go the way I'm talking, but..." He looks to Mikki's grave, "I'm not sure I'll mind it so much knowing that the town got its killers because of me.

"Mr. Wichita. You killed Mr. Floyd based on flimsy evidence. You immediately attacked Miss Sparkle today, who is likely innocent by the virtue of the excessive evidence planted on her. You have monetary motive for having the estates being bequeathed to Miss Sparkle, and your background in banking would allow you to forge official documents such as those found in Dragonslayer's study. I believe you to be the real killer."
Sparkle

Postby Sparkle » Mon May 09, 2005 11:44 pm

She walks out her house after hearing conversations. She sits on her porch thinking about the friends that she's lost and all the things that has been happening the past few days. She stands up and walks out into the middle of everyone.

This is not an easy thing to do, but I will not be able to rest knowing I did nothing today to stop these murders. She sighs before she began

Mr. Wichita, when you first came out of the bank the first day, you didn't even see Yo_yo's face, but you immediately knew it was him. You were the first to notice what was written on his chest, which took me by suprised since a sheet was over his body. You have been trying to get Sir Dragon killed for the past two days. Saying he was guilty even if you didn't vote for him then he turns up dead.

She shakes her head

When Mikki was brought out by the notes and voices you became very quiet for a few hours and then when you finally spoke you tried putting the blame on someone else instead of her. I too didn't want to believe it, but I didn't dismiss it right away either.

I think you have plenty of motive for trying to frame me and for killing the others. You are the killer Wichita.
a day without cantr, is a day spent in bed convulsing and suffering from withdrawl
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Tue May 10, 2005 1:08 am

I can assure you, I have only been trying to analyze the clues as I have seen them. I mistrusted Lord Dragonslayer from the start because he appeared to be the most heartless and violent person in Whitechapple. His smooth talking led me to have sopme doubts, so I decided to change my vote to Mr. Floyd. Trust me, the mistake will haunt me, just as I would have felt had we lynched Lord Dragonslayer and found someone else dead this morning...

I never thought that Mikki was the killer. Frankly she was too meek and unintelligent to have been behind the killings - not to disrespect the deceased. *he smiles apologetically at Alex* I know how hard this must be for you...I don't know why you would think that you will be the next victim. What have you done to make yourself suspicious?

*sighs* Well, it is a good point that the evidence against Sparkle is just too convenient. But isn't it possible that she tried to frame herself just obviously enough so that we would distrust that impulse and believe her innocent?
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President

Return to “Forum Games”