The People's Republic of Adanac (A role playing game)

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Schme

Postby Schme » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:12 am

Just a moment
"One death is a tragedy, a million is just statistics."
Joseph Stalin
Schme

Postby Schme » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:43 am

The man, although very nice and always smiling, seemed to be a bit wrong in the head, as he talked about things which made no sense and could not possibly happen (How he once had a girlfriend who found a palace in the sky, but when she came back, turned into a camel, about how he was the founder of the Republic of Texas, and something about having invented breakpads.) and although he seemed to be trying to answer questions and comment on what Rob said in a way that would fit together, he never quite seemed to get it right.

But he was all the same very nice, and seemed to enjoy the conversation.

Other began to wake up, and within an hour, had gone through three pots of tea and
everything in the fridge. Two left, and others seemed to be preparing to leave soon.

Tomcat soon found Rob, and said good morning. “You sleep well, buddy? Hey, so, if you not got any place to sleep by tonight, come back here, not a problem, eh? Someone usually here, kin let you in. Or you can just hang around here until you’re a bit more woken up. Just don’t steal any of my stuff, eh buddy? Haha!”

He then turned to the man who’d been talking to Rob. “Good morning, Cecil. Hope your eyesight comes back.”

“Don’t worry,” said Cecil, smiling and wiping some drool from his face. “It always does.”

And so, the apartement was soon emptied of people, with the exception of Cecil, who sat silently smiling on his chair, with his eyes only half opened. He seemed to have fallen into a trance, and could not be made to say anything.

Joseph Stalin
Varrius

Postby Varrius » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:10 am

After Waiting for Half an hour Sagal finnally got up from her till and looked at Varrius again.

"So, got any suggestions for a nice place to eat" He asked, "Ive only just arrived here and I dont know my way around."
Schme

Postby Schme » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:37 pm

(I will edit this in accordance with Varrius’s answers. Again, thanks to Memona for general direction and skeleton.)

When Varrius returned to the store, Sagal was just changing shifts with another employee. She smiled as she saw him return. “Here, just a minute. Gotta clock out.”

She finished signing a form, slid off her nametag, and then walked out of the shop with Varrius.

“Yeah, I know a place.” She said. “A real nice place, just outside.” She then changed the subject. “I sort of guessed you’re not from around here. That’s a delightful accent you have. You’re Californian?”

“Pretty far off, Cali…” she said. Then, taking on a mischievous and joking smile “I’ve heard you California boys are pretty wild. I hope you won’t be too bored with little old Alex City. How about I show you around town a bit? Try too keep you entertained, eh?”

She seemed taken with the fact that Varrius was a handsome Californian guy. One supposed the fact that having a good looking foreign man with her was something of a novelty. As they talked, he found that she was not an enormous flirt, but did not seem to mind having a good time, even with this stranger. She was not, in any case, refraining from flirting with him, anyway.

The two chatted happily, and as they left the mall, came to a small looking restaurant, café sort of thing. It was almost empty, but was a very nice place, very clean, and with fast employee’s. A great big Greek man sat at the front desk barking at the employees, him presumably being the owner.

As Varrius had no money, Sagal paid for the food. “Damn, you’re one hell of a player.” she teased. “You come up and charm me into coming to lunch with you, and I end up paying for it!” She laughed, and then smiled, and looking right in his eyes, added “And not just that, but I’m happy do it. Yeah, yer one hell of a player.”

She got a small plate of food (Varrius noticed it was all Halaal food.) and ate neatly, all the while talking to Varrius. She asked him a lot of questions about himself, and seemed very interested in hearing about his life in California.

(See! I don’t even know they do half this shit!

Now if I’m ever a women, I’ll know how to flirt with men.

Alright, never mind, she says I want. Fuck. Back too the drawing board.)

(P.P.S. If you don’t know, Halaal just means Kosher, sort of. It’s a lot like Kosher in concept.)

Joseph Stalin
Varrius

Postby Varrius » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:20 pm

"Well thanks for paying, yeah Im from California" he said.

"Alex City, Alex City, where have I heard that before" after thinking a while and stillnot remembering where it had come from he turned back to her, "This is delicious", he said. "Do you naturally come from alex City or did you move here?" he asked.

After telling her about how he came to be here and a bit about his childhood (Ommiting the fact that he was currently already going out with Jess) he decided that he had had enough food, "You know anywhere nice? he asked do you wanna go to the pictures or the like?
Schme

Postby Schme » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:17 pm

“ Oh, I’m just happy to be seen with such a fine looking man.” She said, smiling.

“Yeah, I’m from here. Old Ottawa, born and raised.” She said, answering his next question. “My parents were from Somalia, though.”

Sagal listened to him talk about his childhood with great interest. She told him a bit about herself and her childhood also, but didn’t seem to think that her own experience could really match up to how interesting it was hearing about the life of a rich man from Bel-Air. By this time, she had also finished eating.

She seemed not to care about his odd story of appearing in the city, or more likely, had disregarded it as something she hadn’t correctly understood.

At his next question, she hesitated a moment, and then laughed again. “Man, you sure as hell know how to play a girl, don’t you?” Again she smiled, and then, said.“Sure, why not. There’s a theatre just in there in the mall.”

A group of children, some of whom wore black bandanas with writing in foreign characters running willy nilly across them, stood loitering in the mall, in the path of the two of them. When Varrius first saw, it just looked like they were trying to cheat a vending machine without making too much noise(something that isn’t really possible, but something to do.) but on second glance, as the two were passing, they were staring at them and whispering among themselves. They then walked off, annoyedly.

Sagal paid for them to get in, and as Varrius knew no movies, chose one she said he’d probably like.

The show was a strange sort of comedy, set in “Hammertown” (which later it was found out that by this, people meant Toronto.) and covered a large number of things. The first part of the movie was about a man who woke up and had to get his “C.I.S.” card renewed (which seemed to be some sort of universal I.D. card.). He rode across the city by bus and on the subway to the office, only to be told by a bureaucrat to that he needed to go somewhere else, and then again when he arrived there. He was directed to different offices around the city, until finally ending up back where he started.

The next was about groups of police officers from different ethnicities trying to arrest as many people from the other ethnicities, often on ridiculous and trumped up charges. (“The bicycle is locked up too close too the yellow flower.”)

Another part mocked the military staffing and structure, and there were a number of other things.

The people in the theatre seemed to really love this movie, as they laughed and chattered about it. People seemed to be an integral part of the theatre experience, as they talked incessantly, and on occasion, even shouted at the screen.

Sagal talked to Varrius also, although not so much as to be annoying, explaining some jokes she saw that he did not understand.

The film did tell Varrius one rather important thing, and that being, that this nations government was, to a sickening degree which he was not used too, militarist and authoritarian.

(I may not be around for a few days or so. Not very long though. Half a week. However, I may have to put on hold for a little bit.)

Joseph Stalin
Varrius

Postby Varrius » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:46 am

(Sure, thats fien I dont mind wating for replies)

Varrius watched the Movie, confused most of the time and asked a question that he had been pondering fromt he start. "ALex Town, seems similar to some i've seen before but the covernment and laws are very diffferent from what im used to, so I'm wondering what is the date today, and when was this new government brought in, 'cause im sure I would have seen something on the news. All I saw on the news was something about some terrorist group, not sure if it was a joke or not. Called the Neo Riceists or something similar to that."
Fleegle

Postby Fleegle » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:03 pm

Rob decided not to disturb Cecil's trance, and decided now would be a good time to take leave. He was not sure where to go, so he figured he'd check out his old haunts. First stop, the University. He stepped out of the apartment, slowly closing the door so as not to disturb Cecil. He made his way down the stairs and onto the street.

(Schme, I decided not to send him straight to the University, in case you wanted something to happen on the street... I'm in a bit of a Muck Pond mindset you see :) But he is definitely headed there, so you can pick it up wherever you like :))
Schme

Postby Schme » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:56 pm

Sorry guys, I can't do it right now. I'm rather depressed as of late, and I just don't write well when I'm am not in a good mood.

I'll probably do it tonight, I think, as I'm not doing anything.

In the meantime, have fun with these. Some good oldschool stuff.

First stuff is really long.

http://thebox2.free.fr/gangster1.mp3 The Hip Hop Gangster Part I, by Just-Ice and The Human DMX

http://thebox2.free.fr/gangster2.mp3 The Hip Hop Gangster Part II, by Just-Ice and The Human DMX

http://thebox2.free.fr/Biz12.mp3 A One Two, by Biz Markie

http://thebox2.free.fr/3minutes.mp3 3 Minutes of Beatbox-by Greg Nice.

http://thebox2.free.fr/Clickbreak.mp3 Beat Box Break, by Click, tha Supah Latin

http://thebox2.free.fr/Clickbeatbox.mp3 Beat Box Interlude, by Click tha Supah Latin

http://thebox2.free.fr/airforce.mp3 Air Force Crew Theme, Click tha Supah Latin

http://thebox2.free.fr/slickdoug.mp3 Slick E and Doug E Fresh, live at the Lincoln Projects 1984

http://thebox2.free.fr/juice.mp3 The Juice Crew, Live in Brooklyn

http://thebox.free.fr/rockthebellsov.mp3 (Original) Rock the Bells, by LL Cool J

http://thebox2.free.fr/scratch.mp3 Scratch and Black Thought freestyle

http://thebox2.free.fr/humanbeatbox.mp3 The Human Beatbox, by The FatBoys.

Don't use it if you don't have the musical playing thing, though. (Windows Media Player?) I think it comes with most computers, but wouldn't want to take a chance. And I don't know anything about computers anyways.

Actually, that's way too much. I just wanted too listen to some music, really.

But here it is, all the same.

Joseph Stalin
Schme

Postby Schme » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:13 am

“Yeah, those fools fucked the north up pretty bad…but they did that down in Cali’ too. Never had too take history when you were school, man?”

“Total boys been in power for a long time, man. But I guess that what happens up here not too important in Cali. What government is down there nowdays?”

When she asked him the date, she told him that it was the seventh, and then when he questioned further, she said May, and then, looking at him although he were made, told him that it was 2056.

“Different calendar down there?” she ventured.

Sagal soon realized that she had to get back to work, but said she looked forward to seeing him again soon. She soon rushed off back too the store.

(Well, I couldn’t get help with this one, so it wasn’t so good. Sorry.)

(Just remember, Fleegle, I’ve never actually been inside Carleton ((they wouldn’t let me in the place.)) so I don’t really know my way around inside, unfortunately. Be try not too screw up poor ol’ Schme.)

As Rob approached the field, he saw a large multiracial group of people, who were staring at a scene that was playing out near the sign. There was also a great number of wooden planks, metal sheeting, screws and nails, aswel as a great number off tools and other construction material. It looked as though they had been laying the foundations for shacks, were now interrupted, and not at all happy about it.

Near the sign, a tall young black man, with short black, wearing a shoddy summer jacket and a tattered pair of shorts, and paper thin sandels, was arguing heatedly with a small, wiry black police officer, wearing police uniform and with all the usual police equipement. His long graying hair was braided and tied into a ponytail behind his head.

“But we’ve already started!” shouted the young man, with despair and frusteration in his voice. “Don’t you know how long it will take to take it all down, let alone start again?!”

“Hey, man, there is not any negotiating you can do with me! I’m not your man! It’s gotta be done!” The officer spoke with an islander accent.

“But where would we go anyway! We have to put them somewhere! What’s wrong with here?!” the young man asked frantically. “C’mon, man!”

“I’m sorry! There’s nothing I can do!” said the officer, his voice becoming higher and more upset.

“But there’s nothing here!” the young man screamed. “Why not here?! If they’re not going to do it, why not let us?! What the hell’s that?!”

“It’s not my fault!” screamed the officer. “If you keep this up, I’m callin’ in others!”

The young man began shaking with rage, and his feelings seemed to culminate in a colossal roar of “AHH! FUCK YOU!”, and saying this, he jumped at the officer, knocking him over, and the two began to grappled in the dirt, before a very strange looking white man wearing some sort of chalky powder to make him look even paler ran over with a shovel, with which he attacked the officer.

(By the way, try the links now. They work again. Really. It's good stuff.)

Joseph Stalin
Fleegle

Postby Fleegle » Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:53 am

(Don't worry Schme, I won't go in :) I wouldn't do that to you... :twisted: )

Rob was taken aback by the scene before him. He had seen a few scuffles in the bars, but nothing had prepared him for the level of violence he was witnessing. He decided that he would hang back and not get involved. Even if he wanted to, he was not sure whose side to take. It seemed a little unfair that the officers would not let these people build shanties, but then again, they were viciously assaulting the officers, which hardly seemed an appropriate response.
Rob decided that he would just continue walking, past the Univsersity. He did not know what to expect if he went onto the campus, nor did he want to find out. So he headed towards the bridge up ahead that went over the Rideau river.

(I hope I'm not over-stepping my boundaries by using my familiarity with this part of the city to navigate... I'm not really saying anything that can't be found on a map. Let me know if the bridge still exists in 2056 :) )
Schme

Postby Schme » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:02 am

(Go in if you like. I can improvise with your help. Don’t hesitate to use your knowledge of your hometown, either. No reason not too.)

The throng of people, frenzied by this sudden violent rebellion against those who were trying to control them, had gone into a sort of violent euphoric state. Taking up their tools and, bricks and boards, which made just as good weapons as any, and shouting slogans (they we’re, it could be now be seen that they were people from the same plane.) they began destroying everything in there path. They first surrounded and joined in on the attack on the officer. After stealing his gun, his truncheon and his money, they moved away from him and near to the apartments. By this time, the officer had stopped moving.

The crowd was now in a fight with some tenements from the apartement, who had come outside after the crowd had begun breaking windows. However, it seemed that most opted to stay safely inside rather than come out and confront a group angry violent hippies, and so the tenements were greatly outnumbered, and many were soon sent running or had been incapacitated. One of the tenements, in the fray of the fighting, had drawn a semi-automatic pistol, and angrily emptied a clip into the group, which fell back. However, they soon came back out him, and overwhelming him with their numbers, proceeded to beat and stab him. The crumpled and disappeared under their feet.

The crowd then moved towards the university.

From across the bridge ran a group of those coat of arms wearing people, some with two way radios, and all armed with a variety of crude weaponry, much like that of the rioters.

The were soon followed by some generic looking police officers, who looked very much the same as the other officer, with the exception of the submachine guns slung over their shoulders.

They too ran towards the campus, following the rioters.

Two of the emblem wearing men stood on the bridge, one touting an iron bar, another cleaning his fingernails with a kitchen knife.

“I wouldn’t stick around.” Said the with the iron bar. “Those hippies are crazy.”

Joseph Stalin
Fleegle

Postby Fleegle » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:41 am

Rob agreed with the officer on the bridge, and continued on his way over it. He knew that there used to be a bus stop on the other side and wondered if it was still there. Rob had had enough of his old haunts and decided to check out the city, to find out how much it had changed since... well since whatever happened, happened. He resolved to take a bus downtown, maybe go to the Parliament buildings to see if they had changed or indeed if they were still standing.
Varrius

Postby Varrius » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:28 pm

"2056". Varrius thought ot himself, still shocked, Wow thats 50 years in the future. Think of how much must have changed, I mean look at what I can see now Seeing that his friend had gone he finnally decided ot get to the task of finding others in a similar situation to him. "There must be at least ONE other" he thought to himself.

EDIT: Leaving the Cinima Varrius feels that others like him would have also tried to get to the centre of town. so heading back towards the nearest bust stop this is where he plans to head.

OOC: If its possible could you make me get on the same bus as Rob or somehopw meet another character?
Last edited by Varrius on Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schme

Postby Schme » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:41 pm

The bus stop was still, in fact, there, although the shelter had been smashed to bits, and only the frame remained, snapped and pounded into the concrete over the years. It seemed like no one had thought it all that important to replace it. However, it was not at all hard to do without it, as they there was still the bus schedule.

A small group waited for the bus to arrive. No one spoke except two loud middle aged men, who, from their what they said, were talking to each other about how they planned to hurt someone who had wronged them. They were oblivious to all else around them, and were completely immersed in there revenge fantasy. A large old women carrying a few plastic bags seemed to be coming annoyed by them, and was grumbling to a much younger, very small and short women beside her, about how the two would not shut up.

“Well, we won’t have no chance to go at him if the Two K get to him first.” said one of the two men, who had not stopped speaking for a moment that Rob was there.

“Amen to that.” Replied the other, nodding solemnly, sounding as though he meant it. And with this, the two men stopped talking.

The bus soon pulled up, and everyone boarded. It was very much like the old OC Transpo busses, except that it had a uniformed guard armed with a steel police truncheon on it.

“Hey, hey!” said the driver to Rob as he boarded. “You give ticket or you pay, son, no free ride here!”

The guard rose to block Rob’s path to the seats.

(Varrius, I’m afraid there is not much I can say for you, as I don’t know what you are doing. If you could tell me what he is up to, then)

Joseph Stalin

Return to “Forum Games”