Cantr Forum Werewolf Game 2 OOC GAME DISCUSSION

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

AoM

Postby AoM » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:43 am

Okay, well then we'll just see who comes along then. Should we advertise on the general discussion threads? :)
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:44 am

Me Moderates!!! So me keeps the list too. And because you already made a nice one evvyone is reading then it doesn't matter what my list looks like... :?
Not-so-sad panda
Neelix

Postby Neelix » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:46 am

What was the function of a baner again ?
"We apologize for the inconvenience" (See "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy")
AoM

Postby AoM » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:18 pm

To my limited knowledge... each night a baner can choose one person (including themselves) to protect. If the wolves target the person who has been warded, then no one dies.

What I'd like to know is, should the above scenario occur, will we all know who was saved that night? (ie, There were scratch marks all over XXXX's house, but he/she was found safe inside the next morning, with wolfsbane ringing the walls and doors... etc.) Or will we just be told that no deaths occured, someone was saved, but only the baner and the wolves know who?

~AoM
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:06 pm

I'd say we won't tell who they tried to eat. People might wonder if the killings stopped already and feel nervous about lynching anyone.
Not-so-sad panda
Neelix

Postby Neelix » Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:52 pm

If we're allowed to use OOC knowledge, than that won't hold..

Only thing that would tell us then is that everyone knows that the baner is still alive and was succesful in guessing who they wanted to kill.
"We apologize for the inconvenience" (See "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy")
AoM

Postby AoM » Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:05 am

Right, so here's an updated list of current players:

Moderator: Seko

Players:

AoM
Revanael
TatteredShoelace
The Surly Cantrian
Mortaine
Hallucinating Farmer
Mikki
Swymer
Neelix
Nixit
Nick
Lumin

That's 12... maybe one more for balance, then I suggest we go ahead and start.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:44 pm

:)

I like th idea of a seer and a baner. Usually, when there's a baner, it's secret who is chosen to be protected (as everyone closes their eyes when the baner chooses) unless a werewolf tries to eat that person - then the werewolf will know

But, in forums, it's easier just to say that the baner can let whoever they want know who they've protected, and it's up to the moderator if they reveal who was protected...

If the person who is protected is revealed - and it's always the same person - the werewolves are likely to guess that that person is a seer though...
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:38 am

or that they're the baner, of course (protecting themselves). But the wolves will always know who's being protected if they try to attack the protectee.

I've never played with a baner ID, but if there were a night with no werewolf attacks, I would, as a villager, assume the wolves were dead, we won, la la la. So there has to be *some* indication that the wolves are present, but frustrated in their attempts to kill. "The wolves howled all night long, frustrated in their attempts to slay one of the innocents within their homes." for example.
--
mortaine.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:43 am

Ok so better make it public if the wolf's bane saves someone.

Now we just need a 13th player.
Not-so-sad panda
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:16 am

Since there is still no sign of a new player to make the number odd, how would you feel about starting with a daytime? Instead of someone getting killed by the werewolves, the villagers would receive a warning about beasts in their midst and would be required to lynch the first one on intuition. Since even when someone has ended up being a victim, there rarely is much of a glue in that identity to point out who might be a werewolf.
Not-so-sad panda
Okud

Postby Okud » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:44 am

You need an odd player ? Here I am, count me in!
AoM

Postby AoM » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:02 pm

Sweet! With Okud playing, that makes the lucky number 13. Seko, whenever you're ready...

I guess now would be a good time to start a separate topic for Game 3, to make things less confusing.

~AoM
Just A Bill

I pity the fool.

Postby Just A Bill » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:31 am

Ok, So I think I get the roles of banner and seer, but whats does the fool do?
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:29 am

The fool is someone who thinks he's a seer, and has visions, but they are not necessarily correct... they might never be correct or it's random, and might be correct, I'm not quite sure, but that's the general idea.
Just because you're older, smarter, stronger, more talented... doesn't mean you're BETTER.

Return to “Forum Games”