Cantr Forum Werewolf Game 2 OOC GAME DISCUSSION

Forum to play non-Cantr related games on the forum

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

mortaine

Postby mortaine » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:51 pm

Your chance was messed before you had a chance to post, Neelix. Surly scryed you early on and decided you were a wolf, so you basically got lynched as insurance.

Seko: I'm interested in playing, but I think you should limit the number of new roles-- like, if you want to add a baner, then take out the fool.
--
mortaine.
Surly

Postby Surly » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:58 pm

mortaine wrote:Your chance was messed before you had a chance to post, Neelix. Surly scryed you early on and decided you were a wolf, so you basically got lynched as insurance.

True. Apologies for the false vision, Neelix... :twisted:
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Neelix

Postby Neelix » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:21 pm

Okay, that makes me feel a bit less bad about the way I played..

But it makes me feel I didn't stand a chance no matter what I did :(

I vote for removal of the fool, because if that's going to happen again, it's not really fun to play.
"We apologize for the inconvenience" (See "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy")
Surly

Postby Surly » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:29 pm

I think the fool is a good idea... purely because it stops the seer from viewing an innocent and immediately contacting them to form a voting block.
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Neelix

Postby Neelix » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:44 pm

Hmm, maybe you're right, but I'd have to play it another time to see how it goes this time.

And now that I thought about it, you're always going to get people who will be sidelined almost immediately, we just have to make the game quicker to ease the suffering ;)
"We apologize for the inconvenience" (See "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy")
Revanael

Postby Revanael » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:04 pm

Well, that one went pretty quick near the end. We need short time limits from the start, I think.
AoM

Postby AoM » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:28 pm

Seko: The number of roles involved in the game should be relevent to how many people we have playing... Last time we had four roles... and that was pretty good. We maybe could have had a fifth, but there really shouldn't be any more. The clear majority of people should be innocent villagers.

I vote for 2 werewolves, a seer, a fool, and either a baner or a devil.

With a seer/fool/devil trio, things could get very interesting indeed, but I'm not sure if we're ready for 3 active badguys... we barely dealt with 1 last game.

I'm interested in seeing how a baner works as well...

Hmm... I guess you'll have to decide Seko. It's your game, you're the moderator, you make the rules. I just wanna play!

~AoM
AoM

Postby AoM » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:35 pm

Seko

Definites
AoM
Revanael
TatteredShoelace
The Surly Cantrian
Mortaine
Hallucinating Farmer
Mikki
Swymer
Neelix
Nixit
Nick
Lumin
Last edited by AoM on Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:58 pm

You learned the tactique of fool and seer cooperation in the last round, seer and baner would have a different sort of relationship. I didn't like the idea of fool at first but seems like it didn't cause people any trauma by too much uncertainty.
Not-so-sad panda
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:37 pm

My suggestion: Seer and baner. Add a fool or a devil if we get enough players to make 15.

Re: Manipulating the ID's to make sure everyone gets a chance to play someone and there are no sleepers....

I dunno about this. I think everyone should give Seko a reliable way to be contacted, aside from PMs (because not everyone gets that chance), or just have a really firm schedule to start out, so if you're going to be not there, you'll have a chance to plan ahead.

It adds an interesting element to the game when you have previous seers/wolves playing different roles or villager roles. Note, for instance, that Pirog was eaten the very first night. Seko's lynching was almost certainly because of her reaction to Pirog's death-- a reaction she wouldn't have had without previous experience in the other game. The carry-over is small, but present, and it can really make for some great dynamics and camouflage in the game.

Plus, of course, you never want anyone to be able to say "well, so-and-so was Seer last time, so they must be a villager this time." Half of this game is deciding who you can and cannot trust, based on very little hard evidence.
--

mortaine.
Nixit

Postby Nixit » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:31 pm

Make me a definite! :D
Just because you're older, smarter, stronger, more talented... doesn't mean you're BETTER.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:35 am

Ah, see the problem of having someone else write the list for ya? - Can't edit it so just gotta make a new one.

AoM
Revanael
TatteredShoelace
The Surly Cantrian
Mortaine
Hallucinating Farmer
Mikki
Swymer
Neelix
Nixit

So ten at this point. Two werewolves, seer and baner, alright. I doubt that we'll reach 15 but let's wait a day or two, to give people a chance. And if there's some setup on dealing the roles, of course I won't be telling you.
Not-so-sad panda
AoM

Postby AoM » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:35 am

Done. :)

And I guess a seer and baner combination would be fine. Let's stick with that unless we get a lot more people. Somebody PM Pirog and Ree. Tell 'em the next game is on...
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:39 am

I don't know if Pirog can play, he's been rarely around recently and mentioned about some computer problems.

If people aren't awake enough to read this topic then how do you expect them to be active in game either?
Not-so-sad panda
AoM

Postby AoM » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:39 am

Hey! My list's just fine... plus I've got categories...and underlines... it's way better! 8)

~AoM

Return to “Forum Games”