MikeJacobs

Please post requests for moderation here to be reviewed by the Public Relations Department. Just as General Support, this is NOT the place for chatter, nor the place to debate the requests.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Nick

MikeJacobs

Postby Nick » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:53 am

A log:
http://pastebin.ca/43326

MikeJacobs, being extremely disruptive and offensive, yet again. He's been banned several times, and unbanned sometimes for no good reason. He has never contributed anything of value, just whatever he thinks can offend people the most.

It's hard to piss me off but this is the second time he has gone on about having sex with and killing my mother, among other things. He should be banned, for good. And please; CD or whoever is making the decision to unban him, give us a reason why you subject us to this idiot, so we can appropriately give you as hard a time as he gives us if he is not banned, or banned and unbanned again.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:18 pm

The last I has heard, he had kept away from the IRC for some time (after numerous attempts at banning him, and numerous times he evaded it) but he eventually returned.

From what I heard, he wasn't being obnoxious anymore, so it was agreed that we'd lift the ban unless we heard anymore complaints.

This is the first complaint I've heard since the ban was lifted. I'm sorry if there have been more occasions that I haven't heard of.

Either way, he was warned before. There's a level of provocation and rudeness I'll accept, continual sexual jokes about other people's family, constant swearing, harrassement of others, not to mention the complete disregard for the rules of English grammar and spelling, all deserve a ban as far as I'm concerned, especially if he's had a second chance.

I'll sort out a ban this afternoon, and this time it will be permanent.
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:23 pm

As an extra note, the chances are that a ban will be difficult and ineffective, pretty much as it was before (dynamic hosts = having to ban whole service providers, as well using different coimputers and other providers all means that he has evaded a ban before)

In which case, I advise all users to make pertinent use of the '/ignore' command, and if he isn't kicked straight away, then to report it, either here, or via IRC of forum PM.

And if anyone knows any other nicknames he has used in the past, let me know.
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Nick

Postby Nick » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:16 pm

If you guys ban him, and he evades it, I can talk to Gnug615 or others as that would be banning server rules. I don't know where you heard he had stopped being offensive... everytime he comes on, he is. Sometimes, not bannably so, but most of the time he is, and never very good at best.

If he isn't banned though, I can't very well say he is ban evading. Even if it's knowingly an ineffective ban.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:10 am

He has been going by DarrenShade in IRC and about everything that comes out of him is very offensives and harassing of other people.

If such harassment continues even with the ban there are legal options (in the US and I'm sure in many other countries) that can be taken. You might not be able to take legal action against him but you can take legal action against the companies that host his internet access. I'm pretty sure those companies aren't going to want to defend an offensive and harassing person like this.

Another idea is find out what internet service is hosting his access (which can usually be found in the IP address) and contact them directly. Usually they'll take action themselves against these type of offenders because of the legal liability they face. In the US, the company giving access to such individuals are just as liable for their actions as that individual doing the harassing.

But remember, get evidence and make sure you keep it safe. You'll need more than one incident to back up your claims of continued harassment.

Just a few thoughts if he does keep coming back.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:15 am

I have set a ban. The most effective ban was to ban his service provider. Hopefully no other users use that proviuder (they didn't last time)

His provider is Australian (dsl.dodo.au).

If he comes on again, he is evading a ban. As it was clear last time the server ops got involved, there's not much we can do if he's using computers with dynamic IP addresses of the like he was. All he'd have to do is re-connect and he gets a whole new IP address and host.

If there's no one there to kick him straight away, I really suggest you use the /ignore command (just type '/ignore nickname' (without 's) and nothing from the nickname you supply will get through) rather than have any kind of contact with him.
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Nick

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:09 am

* [VanchaMarch] (Cantr372@7948DDCC.53E42DD0.71FDB83.IP): Cantr 372
* [VanchaMarch] irc.gnug.org :Thu Mar 2 03:06:58 2006
* [VanchaMarch] (Cantr11@7948DDCC.53E42DD0.71FDB83.IP): Cantr 11
* [VanchaMarch] irc.gnug.org :Wed Mar 1 23:56:47 2006
* [VanchaMarch] (Cantr377@7948DDCC.53E42DD0.71FDB83.IP): Cantr 377
* [VanchaMarch] irc.gnug.org :Wed Mar 1 15:49:05 2006
* [VanchaMArch] (Cantr377@7948DDCC.53E42DD0.71FDB83.IP): Cantr 377
* [VanchaMArch] irc.gnug.org :Wed Mar 1 15:12:21 2006
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:29 am

That hostmask is banned as best as possible now too.
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.

Return to “Moderation Requests”