Game notifications on account without characters

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

witia1

Game notifications on account without characters

Postby witia1 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:11 pm

Game mailing system seems to skip fact that I've quit game.

At first it was still sending me daily reports. With game announcements only as there is no characters that could have any events logged.
I've logged back to turn daily reports off and it worked.
Now I'm getting notifications that my characters will soon die due to lack of activity.
I still have 0 characters, so I believe I can cope with loosing them so I think that game doesn't need to remind me about that.

Also, was inactivity time, after which characters die, extended? As notification says I'm away for 34 days now and characters will die "soon".
From what I remember, it was 20 days of inactivity for poor Cantrians to die (?).
Rest In Pieces.
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Re: Game notifications on account without characters

Postby Joshuamonkey » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:33 pm

Thanks for this report. I believe it is because reactivations are automatic when you log in, and since your account is active, it sends an email to warn that it's going be deactivated. This email shouldn't be sent if you have no characters, but it is. It's a problem that has existed for a long time but now it's more common due to being able to "reactivate" your account easily.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.

Return to “General Support”