Progress Not Updating

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

PaintedbyRoses

Progress Not Updating

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:29 am

Am I remembering this wrong? Didn't the progress percentage for traveling on roads and for projects used to automatically update when you leave the page open?

I mostly (work and) play from a desktop so Cantr is open most of the time and I usually park on the page with the CHARACTERS LIST (or, sometimes, on one particular character) and the percentages don't automatically update anymore. I used to be able to click on that tab and see my character's progress but now I always have to refresh to get the current progress info. I could swear that this use to happen automatically without having to refresh. Am I imagining this (would not be unusual)?

I don't know if this is also happening with ship progress or not.
gudgeon

Re: Progress Not Updating

Postby gudgeon » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:39 am

I don't remember if it's been always like this but it's been like this for quite a while.
PaintedbyRoses

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:49 am

I think, maybe, since they changed the rate of progress to smaller increments.
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:54 am

As far as i know travel progress and project progress never auto-updated. Before the tick speed change, it would only have changed once every 3 hours - no need for auto-updates.
The events page did, and does, auto-update, as does the character list page. B.t.w., a project completing is an event.

I don't think anything changed in this respect.
I think ...
PaintedbyRoses

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:43 am

Tiamo wrote:The events page did, and does, auto-update, as does the character list page. B.t.w., a project completing is an event.

The events page and the character list page are not auto-updating. That's my point. They do update when a project completes and when a character reaches their destination by lighting up the character name but the percentage does not update unless I refresh the page.

Maybe most people don't notice because they open a fresh page whenever they want to play but I do because I leave them open for long periods of time.
Last edited by PaintedbyRoses on Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:58 am

You are right, it is not the full page, it is the events data within the page that auto-updates.
I think ...
gudgeon

Postby gudgeon » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:49 am

I have 11 chars so I usually open the player page only.

Return to “General Support”