Crap progress

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Rmak

Crap progress

Postby Rmak » Tue May 12, 2020 5:03 am

Is there a change log anywhere ?

The wiki says making a primitive oven takes 1 day +/- skills, the UI says the same

After a single tick, I am at 2.3% progress (efficiently) so 5 days to make an oven?
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:
DylPickle

Re: Crap progress

Postby DylPickle » Tue May 12, 2020 5:32 am

I don't know if this is the answer, but is your char tired, hurt, hungry, drunk, or any combination of the above? It may slow progress.
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Tue May 12, 2020 5:48 am

Yes they are, but I'm looking for a source of information as to what the mechanics are and when it/if it changed
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Thu May 21, 2020 7:54 pm

Sadly there's no one source of information for changes to the game...

But I don't think I've seen any changes being announced about changing project mechanics. Things like tiredness can effect project progress a lot though.
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Thu May 21, 2020 10:28 pm

The #implemented_changes channel on Discord will always have changes to the game. If there isn't much there, not much has changed. :wink:
We've started updating this forum thread with all these changes as well: https://forum.cantr.org/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=180

Furthermore, if all other sources of information fail, the numbers in the UI are always right. The number used to calculate the time it takes is literally taken from the same place in the database.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
DylPickle

Postby DylPickle » Sat May 30, 2020 1:57 pm

I need to piggy back onto the thread.

Lock picking projects usually complete 12.5% per hour to complete in 8 hours, but I've notice for two separate chars that it loses 0.1% progress somewhere, so they all seem to be taking 9 hours to complete, sitting at 99.9% complete at the 8th hour.

Neither char has a status defect, no tiredness, hunger, damage, etc.

I'm curious if this is a bug or something expected.
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:43 pm

Is there definitely no chance of damage? Because even the slightest (less than 1%) scratch can affect non-skill based projects. It might not look like they are visibly injured, but try going to eat something healing and see whether it shows they need a little bit.
Tiamo

Postby Tiamo » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:59 pm

Characters auto-heal 1% every day when injured, so a minor scratch should be gone within a day after having been inflicted.

Some resting happens every hour. This should be fast enough to make tiredness of working on a project disappear before the next tick, unless the character has done something extra causing tiredness, like hunting.
I think ...
Snowdrop

Postby Snowdrop » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:18 pm

Tiamo wrote:Characters auto-heal 1% every day when injured, so a minor scratch should be gone within a day after having been inflicted.

Perhaps if not working on something? I have a character who spends most of their time very slightly battered from sparring. So, I'm watching their natural healing progress at the moment. In terms of boiled egg healing, their requirement has gone down by about 3g in around half a day?

Return to “General Support”