Missing info

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Tiamo

Missing info

Postby Tiamo » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:54 am

Some information is missing.
- The character list looks different, a lot of blank space near the top of the page, don't know exactly what is missing there.
- The buildings & vehicles list is skipped (not even head is visible)
- Same with objects list

Edit: everything is ok again. Strange hickup!
I think ...
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Re: Missing info

Postby Joshuamonkey » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:58 am

Yes, sorry for the temporary issue. :) Good changes coming in the future.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Sun May 03, 2020 8:52 am

Whoops.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
PaintedbyRoses

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Sun May 03, 2020 4:32 pm

I know it's kind of picky but I find the white "Create new character" link at the bottom of my character list to be distracting. I've grown used to seeing all green when there is nothing happening with any of my characters.

Somewhere, long ago, there was info about how to change the color of text in the game. I used it to make anything whispered to my characters a different color and that has made game play 1000% easier to follow. I've forgotten how to do it, though. Can someone post that info, please? And can I use it to make that "Create new character" link a different color?
computaertist

Postby computaertist » Sun May 03, 2020 5:45 pm

https://forum.cantr.org/viewtopic.php?f ... up#p585683

For the new character button, try #newCharacter {color:#777;}

Edit: wait, it's not working for me. Experimenting...

Okay, I'm not sure which things I added are really necessary because what finally made it work was to clear my cache and hard reload, but the code I ended up with is

#newCharacter > div.react-component > a.btn-primary > span {color:#777 !important;}

I'm certain that's overkill, but it ain't broke so I'm not fixing it.
Mark Twain wrote:Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Sun May 03, 2020 6:11 pm

PaintedbyRoses wrote:I know it's kind of picky but I find the white "Create new character" link at the bottom of my character list to be distracting. I've grown used to seeing all green when there is nothing happening with any of my characters.

Somewhere, long ago, there was info about how to change the color of text in the game. I used it to make anything whispered to my characters a different color and that has made game play 1000% easier to follow. I've forgotten how to do it, though. Can someone post that info, please? And can I use it to make that "Create new character" link a different color?

It's poor design to make it the same color as an active character and should be changed to something else. It shouldn't be up to the player to fix.

ETA as an example: I like the CSS skin I use from the list under interface settings; I don't have the code for it to put that in the custom CSS box so that I can just tweak that one little thing. I shouldn't have to create a complete CSS skin of my own or jump through hoops to find that code just to make that one link not drive me crazy because it looks like an active character. It's great that people can do that if they have the time and desire to do so, but it shouldn't be necessary. This isn't a case of, "Oh, those are ugly link colors"; it's a case of, "Oh that looks just like a character I need to check."
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
PaintedbyRoses

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Sun May 03, 2020 8:58 pm

the_antisocial_hermit wrote:
PaintedbyRoses wrote:I know it's kind of picky but I find the white "Create new character" link at the bottom of my character list to be distracting. I've grown used to seeing all green when there is nothing happening with any of my characters.

It's poor design to make it the same color as an active character and should be changed to something else. It shouldn't be up to the player to fix.

ETA as an example: I like the CSS skin I use from the list under interface settings; I don't have the code for it to put that in the custom CSS box so that I can just tweak that one little thing. I shouldn't have to create a complete CSS skin of my own or jump through hoops to find that code just to make that one link not drive me crazy because it looks like an active character. It's great that people can do that if they have the time and desire to do so, but it shouldn't be necessary. This isn't a case of, "Oh, those are ugly link colors"; it's a case of, "Oh that looks just like a character I need to check."
I couldn't figure out how to make it work, anyway. I pasted it into the box where I had pasted the other one but nothing happened.

Maybe it could just be moved to the middle instead of on the far left.
viktor

Postby viktor » Mon May 04, 2020 8:14 pm

I've noticed issues this weekend and today still.. the usual info at top of player page is gone, I see messages I didn't delete yet.. then I see my char list.. there's no char create,quit,logout buttons... and I've ... caressed the whole screen with my mouse pointer, it detects nothing hidden so........ there's an issue
as a matter of fact.. I had to google cantr2 forum.. just to get to the forum...
oh wait.. nvm I DID manage to find the forum link now, hidden way at the bottom row.. we're still missing things.
edit#3.... jesus..... so I tried on chrome and NOW I see the things.. w/e changes were made has created issues with some browsers...................
PaintedbyRoses

Postby PaintedbyRoses » Thu May 07, 2020 4:13 pm

I can't find that thread that was just announced about where to put comments on the changes. Why do the new posts on this forum disappear so fast? They used to stay under new posts for a while. Now it seems like they disappear after about an hour and often before I even read them.

My comment on the changes is that I don't like the new font choice for the character's notes.

It's very hard to distinguish between words that are in all caps and and those in lowercase. Rather than have a different and distinguishing shape, the lowercase letters are just slightly smaller uppercase letters. The words all run together. It's very hard to read. I use capitalized words as heading to organize things in my character's notes. Now all that is lost.

Return to “General Support”