Naughty Character

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Rmak

Naughty Character

Postby Rmak » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:07 pm

Hi,

Some guidance please.

If a character comes into town I have a person in, then acts like a muppet, then drives to another town where I also have a person and then proceeds to act like a muppet all over. What should I do, am I allowed both to think he is a muppet or take action if he returns (if he is a thief or bad person) to either town ?
Quote Wolfsong:
They aren't playing children; they are playing mentally ill people.

:twisted: :roll: :lol: 8) :twisted:
Felixis

Re: Naughty Character

Postby Felixis » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:37 pm

Well... You can't connect knowledge two (or more) of your characters. If they IC think he is a muppet-ok-but your characters can't know that he is doing the same things in other town (unlees someone told them). It can be problematic. The best idea is to focus on one character. Focus on: what he know, what he saw and (based on his nature) what he can think on this guy - then take action (if it would be totally IC).
"Prędzej czy później dopadnie nas rzeczywistość"
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:45 pm

Yeah, I just meant something like - the player steals or abuses people in one town, then drives to another town and abuses\steals everyone there. Its all IC but just wondering am I allowed to not like him with both characters
Quote Wolfsong:

the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:11 pm

You can dislike them with both characters if they do things around each character that would make each character dislike them. I imagine if that is how that character treats all characters/towns they come across, they probably won't have many friends or people that tolerate them. After all, most characters in the game most likely don't enjoy being stolen from or abused.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:17 pm

Only the character that was stolen from... if the offender stole in town A... the people in town B don't know about it.
Unless there is a radio report... then you have to know if the character identifies themselves by the same name as used in the radio report.
If he steals in town B, the residents are allowed to act and enforce the laws of town B... but not before any lawbreaking act occurs.
Being in-character involves the character only acting on the information they have.

The easiest solution also might be for you to only play one character.
============================================================

Its a solution you may not care for though and we don't usually force you to do that.

Thanks for keeping us thinking though! :)
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!
Rmak

Postby Rmak » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:21 pm

Yeah, only playing one character seems too drastic and I would not want to reduce my enjoyment of the game due to someone else being a muppet. Hopefully he goes somewhere else and meets an angry muppet basher the problem solves itself.
Quote Wolfsong:

sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:47 pm

It can get more complicated too. For example, if your Char A has a deeper relationship with this muppet such that Char A develops a grudge and actively sets out to bash the muppet, or chases him, then, if the muppet happens upon your Char B, even if he is also a muppet towards Char B, since Char A is already after him, Char B should avoid the conflict.

That is, your chars may both have reason to dislike muppets, but they can only go after this muppet one at a time.

And if the muppet is particularly disruptive, or suicidal, please do report it to PD.
Wolfsong

Postby Wolfsong » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:50 pm

So let's assume hypothetically that Char A is chasing the Muppet because the Muppet attacked and stole from A town. Muppet goes to town B and kidnaps Char B - what then?
sanchez
Administrator Emeritus

Postby sanchez » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:53 pm

Wolfsong wrote:So let's assume hypothetically that Char A is chasing the Muppet because the Muppet attacked and stole from A town. Muppet goes to town B and kidnaps Char B - what then?

Contact PD. It will depend a lot on other circumstances and the possibilities for both of your chars. But please let us know as soon as possible, and before you take action with both chars.

Return to “General Support”