Changing jewelry description

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Goriath

Changing jewelry description

Postby Goriath » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi there folks. Either search engine hates me or I can't find the topic on the forum.

So the question: what tools do I need to change description of the jewelry? (Ring in my case )
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Re: Changing jewelry description

Postby Bmot » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:39 pm

It's in this message:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19795&p=528697&hilit=description#p528697

Greek wrote:It's now possible to describe objects.
Most of objects, for which it's enabled, can be described during manufacturing (if it is, then you'll notice a new checkbox on build confirmation page) and later, using a specific tool.
There is only a single tool for every object. How to learn which one?
It's based on tools required to manufacture an object. If there are multiple tools, then it's the first one you find on the following list: needle, pliers, crochet hook, peen hammer, hammer, carving knife, chisel, knife.
It's currently possible to describe most of clothes, weapons, shields. Describing object costs time, both when you describe object at manufacture time or later.
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:43 pm

Which tool is used to customize guitars? I think I checked and it wasn't a hammer.
Not-so-sad panda
Bmot
Game Mechanics Chair / HR/PD Member

Postby Bmot » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:52 pm

Post number two about custom descriptions:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19795&p=528697&hilit=description#p541567

For the normal guitar you need a carving knife, for the electric guitar you need a hammer.

Greek wrote:New accessories
It's now possible to manufacture new accessories: pearl belt, gold belt, silver belt, wood bead bracelet, silver and glass bead bracelet, silver turquoise anklet, emerald and diamonds anklet, gold panel necklace.
They were implemented by SekoETC.

Object descriptions
It's now possible to describe all musical instruments. They are quite special, because tool used to change description is not always the same as used in the manufacturing process.
The following use require a carving knife:
tambourine, zither, guitar, violin, lute, cello, mandolin, oboe

The following use a knife:
small drum, ocarina, accordion, kobza, balalaika, lyre, banjo, bagpipes, triangle, harp, clarinet

Hammer is used for triangle and electic guitar.
It's also possible to use a label to describe a sextant.

It was implemented by Wiro*.
Richard Dawkins wrote:We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?
Alladinsane

Postby Alladinsane » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:51 pm

For the normal guitar you need a carving knife, for the electric guitar you need a hammer.

Oh, that's the Pete Townsend method of electric guitar description.
A famous wise man once said absolutely nothing!

Return to “General Support”