IRC abuse complaint

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

andrzejek

IRC abuse complaint

Postby andrzejek » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:49 pm

I would like to know a reason why I'm getting kicked from cantr irc without a reason.
Also, I would like to have the case handled by non-Polish department members, as Buka is friends with them.

Happened today:

Code: Select all

War... War never changes...
Topic set by notized on Thu Jan 28 2016 11:21:03 GMT+0000 (GMT (czas standardowy))
<andrzejek>: czesc
<soprano>: Greek mówi, że 21
*** andrzejek was kicked by Buka (Buka)
!!! You have been kicked from #kanapa.cantr
Topic set by notized on Thu Jan 28 2016 11:21:03 GMT+0000 (GMT (czas standardowy))
<andrzejek>: ????
soprano poleruje bucik Buce
<Hugo>: Cześć andrzejek
<andrzejek>: za co
--- Buka has banned andrzejek!*@*
You are banned from the channel #kanapa.cantr
You are banned from the channel #kanapa.cantr
EchoMan

Re: IRC abuse complaint

Postby EchoMan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:12 pm

#kanapa.cantr is not an official channel of Cantr. We don't own or control it. It is probably a polish player who runs it, but I don't know who, or what rules they enforce there.
andrzejek

Postby andrzejek » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:04 pm

EchoMan wrote:#kanapa.cantr is not an official channel of Cantr. We don't own or control it. It is probably a polish player who runs it, but I don't know who, or what rules they enforce there.

;( i dont understand how its not official if it tells me on cantr website to join it
Pies
Programming Dept. Member

Postby Pies » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:10 pm

Cantr website have link to it because it's well known popular Polish chat and you have Polish language set. Only alternative is English channel, to which you join too probably anyway. It's a gesture for players, as Polish community in past didn't want to have official channel.
PD cases probably shouldn't be solved by irc anyway. And why Buka kicks you... Ask her.
dwudziestoletni mężczyzna wrote:"OOC: Jak ci się nie podoba, to nie graj. Ta gra nie szuka więcej graczy."

kaloryfer wrote:This game already has a lot of problems, new players would only bring new ones.
Pilot
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Pilot » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:27 pm

Moving to the proper forum.
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face."
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:55 pm

andrzejek wrote:
EchoMan wrote:#kanapa.cantr is not an official channel of Cantr. We don't own or control it. It is probably a polish player who runs it, but I don't know who, or what rules they enforce there.

;( i dont understand how its not official if it tells me on cantr website to join it

Perhaps it should be made more clear that the channel is not operated by Cantr staff on the frontpage. But the fact remains, we (Cantr staff) can not be asked to moderate or accept complaints for a channel that is not in our control, or where we are not aware of what rules are enforced. If the owner of the channel would transfer the control to Cantr staff, then it would be run under the same rules that apply in #cantr, basically the forum rules.

Return to “General Support”