My raft is unable to dock anywhere

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Swingerzetta

My raft is unable to dock anywhere

Postby Swingerzetta » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:26 pm

It's been several sailing ticks, but the 'Very close' shore, coaster harbor, and the other nearby vessel, cannot be docked to.
Help?
Shedevil

Re: My raft is unable to dock anywhere

Postby Shedevil » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:49 pm

Have you tried to actually set it to go at a speed? Even very slow? Sometimes it won't recognize a place to dock if it doesn't actually move.
Oh look, another glorious morning… makes me SICK!
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:17 pm

In my experience you need to be even closer than you'd expect. The last time I docked a raft it needed to be very close and it took several days to dock.
Read about my characters by following this link.
Swingerzetta

Postby Swingerzetta » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:20 pm

I have tried moving. I have also hit the coast to get as close as I could to the town. I unlocked and am attempting to redock after not actually sailing anywhere except towards the coast as mentioned. I also cannot dock anymore to the small craft that is occupying the same pixel as mine.
*Wiro

Postby *Wiro » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:25 pm

In that case Greek can probably help you, either here or if he's around on IRC.
Read about my characters by following this link.
Swingerzetta

Postby Swingerzetta » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:52 am

Well, after adjusting my location ever-so-slightly, I was able finally to start the docking process. On a vertical line on the map, my goal was at 11 degrees, pretty close to 0. By moving down so that my goal was 0, it worked. I feel like it's just luck that it was able to reach, though. If undocking at the wrong angle puts me too far away to dock, there might be future problems.

Return to “General Support”