Forum Problems

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Doug R.

Re: Forum Problems

Postby Doug R. » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:44 pm

Now that the default is set back, try changing your personal settings back to your language. Seko said it was working for her in Finnish before I broke it.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Ronja Rotschopf

Postby Ronja Rotschopf » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:47 pm

it works now again for me with German (the post reply button is not translated, but it is there, which is more important)
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:51 pm

Checked all available languages and the button does indeed show in all of them.
Pretty in pink.
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:15 pm

I also enabled choosing forum styles (out of two). Maybe this could help with the accessibility issue.

(Besides, I find the alternative style looks much nicer, although not being green.)
Pretty in pink.
KVZ
Players Dept. Member

Postby KVZ » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:46 pm

Piscator wrote:I also enabled choosing forum styles (out of two). Maybe this could help with the accessibility issue.

(Besides, I find the alternative style looks much nicer, although not being green.)

Great. Now I have no longer this message on top about unreaded "ghost" message in inbox (ghosts messages still remain in inbox anyway with (1) unread number near inbox, but it is not big issue anyway). Also all links on top are now much more visible in this style. Anyway it is bit werid that user boxes in this style are on right side, not on left :P
Corruption born inside. I'm part of dark side / A.F.K. / We'll steal your dreams and control your minds
https://twitter.com/DukeKVZ / http://www.futurerp.net/pages/link.php?id=24880
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:53 pm

I believe that there will be a problem with allowing multiple styles, as Adam only embedded the required junk (adsense, that sort of crap) in the official one. (that's as technical as I can get). The junk needs to be put into any other style made available.

KEVEZ - I upped the PM post limit to 300 and changed the settings to the old forum where incoming messages over the limit caused your oldest messages to be erased instead of being held. This is probably what fixed your issue.
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:01 pm

Hmm. The style was installed already and seems to work fine. I just enabled the option to choose. If some functions don't work with the alternative style, one can easily switch back to the default.
Pretty in pink.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:05 pm

It's not anything the user would notice, just all the embedded hidden crap that we have to use to be part of the link exchanges and the google adsense stuff. Adam, can you please clarify?
KVZ
Players Dept. Member

Postby KVZ » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:18 pm

Doug R. wrote:KEVEZ - I upped the PM post limit to 300 and changed the settings to the old forum where incoming messages over the limit caused your oldest messages to be erased instead of being held. This is probably what fixed your issue.

I think this not fixed issue, as I noticed this already in old style there was still this message on front page about unread message. But in now style it only shows New messages so it looks better with this issue:

User Control Panel (0 new messages) • View your posts

In inbox there are now as beffore, only it changed limit to 300:
Inbox (1)
Saved messages
Outbox
Sent messages

Folder is 1% full (3 from 300 messages stored) messages stored)
Compose message
3 messages • Page 1 of 1

No messages

Anyway with new style this problem is less anyoing and this style works here very fine and looks good.

Edit:

Doug R. wrote:I believe that there will be a problem with allowing multiple styles, as Adam only embedded the required junk (adsense, that sort of crap) in the official one. (that's as technical as I can get). The junk needs to be put into any other style made available.

Cannot this "junk" be added to this prosilver style without big effort?
Corruption born inside. I'm part of dark side / A.F.K. / We'll steal your dreams and control your minds
https://twitter.com/DukeKVZ / http://www.futurerp.net/pages/link.php?id=24880
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:44 am

Piscator wrote:I switched the default language back to BE and post buttons are now shown for all languages again (in English though). I assume AE has an incomplete set of buttons (just like the other languages) which caused the problem.

I wouldn't mind trying to create buttons for (some of) the other languages by the way.

If you wouldn't mind making the buttons, i could send you the British English pack of them.
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:51 am

It's not that big of a deal to, but it has to be done on each one. I'd rather not get into starting to manage multiple themes over multiple languages. Within a few days i hope to have all the languages working as they should be. I'll make sure polish has their buttons working first and then everyone else.

KEVEZ wrote:
Doug R. wrote:KEVEZ - I upped the PM post limit to 300 and changed the settings to the old forum where incoming messages over the limit caused your oldest messages to be erased instead of being held. This is probably what fixed your issue.

I think this not fixed issue, as I noticed this already in old style there was still this message on front page about unread message. But in now style it only shows New messages so it looks better with this issue:

User Control Panel (0 new messages) • View your posts

In inbox there are now as beffore, only it changed limit to 300:
Inbox (1)
Saved messages
Outbox
Sent messages

Folder is 1% full (3 from 300 messages stored) messages stored)
Compose message
3 messages • Page 1 of 1

No messages

Anyway with new style this problem is less anyoing and this style works here very fine and looks good.

Edit:

Doug R. wrote:I believe that there will be a problem with allowing multiple styles, as Adam only embedded the required junk (adsense, that sort of crap) in the official one. (that's as technical as I can get). The junk needs to be put into any other style made available.

Cannot this "junk" be added to this prosilver style without big effort?
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:20 pm

So should we go back and make this the only theme available, or did you want to allow two themes for British English?
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:59 pm

Doug R. wrote:So should we go back and make this the only theme available, or did you want to allow two themes for British English?

Right now all languages should have buttons, but the buttons are in english. I think Piscator is working on making buttons which are free of text, but will be easily distinguishable as to what their function is for all languages.
notsure

Postby notsure » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:24 pm

This isn't so much of a problem, but something that will take getting used to. The dates (and times) of posts are at the bottom on the left. Sometimes I scroll down to check the date/time, then have to scroll up to start reading.

Maybe it's just me... :oops:

Thanks for all the hard work, Forum mechanic!

notsure :?
Joshuamonkey
Owner/GAB Chair/HR Chair/ProgD

Postby Joshuamonkey » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:37 pm

This isn't so much of a problem, but something that will take getting used to. The dates (and times) of posts are at the bottom on the left. Sometimes I scroll down to check the date/time, then have to scroll up to start reading.

Ditto

And I just noticed that it says if someone is online next to their name on one of their posts. Impressive.
Joshuamonkey's Blog
http://doryiskom.myminicity.com/
https://writealyze.com
"Don't be afraid to be different, but be as good as you can be." - President James E. Faust
I'm LDS, play the cello, and run.

Return to “General Support”