Missing/misplaced vehicles, buildings, and people.

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

Sho

Postby Sho » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:12 am

Commas are bad for Cantr because their pointy tails poke holes in stuff when they rattle around. Don't use them.
bmartes

Missing building

Postby bmartes » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:08 am

Hello,

I've built a shack in (I think) Yrdrost Les, the Esperanto land. It is called Rifuĝejo. Character name is Berto Samjon.

Anybody?
jabber: bmartes@jabber.xs4all.nl
You find a blessed scroll labeled ELBIB YLOH.
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:52 am

The Rifuĝejo should now be accessable

The project completion process had a problem with the "ĝ"
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:26 pm

On 1384-6, the project for the van "Overlord" disappeared as a project and never appeared as a vehicle from Krif Hills North (i.e. Central Hills of the Gregarach). No one stole it either, so I'm quite sure it's a bug. I should also note on its final hour of construction, it remained at 100.0% before disappearing into thin air.

Oh boy, this is a bad start for a vehicle...for one who believes in vibes and all that.
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:56 am

The "Overlord" should now be available

The problem was caused by specification error in the build section of Vans in general . This has now been fixed for future and existing Van Projects.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:57 am

SekoETC wrote:1352-7: Project Building a wooden landmark: Land of Death, be Warned, leave if Life you hold Dear has been finished.

It's about the commas, isn't it? Anyway, location Curing Hill (south), character the Dark Incarnation.

I reported this before in this thread but probably because it was the last one of the page, it has gone unnoticed. Now having the landmark there might have changed the course of events in the last few years and I am a bit peeved, since if my character hadn't left right after finishing that project, I could've observed the situation and reported it again had the landmark not appeared. Maybe it's too late now. *grumbles*
Not-so-sad panda
bmartes

Re: Missing building

Postby bmartes » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:17 pm

bmartes wrote:Hello,

I've built a shack in (I think) Yrdrost Les, the Esperanto land. It is called Rifuĝejo. Character name is Berto Samjon.

Anybody?

And again. (Sorry)

1471-1.7: La projekto Building -Rifuĝejo du- (cottage) finiĝis
This building is also missing. Same location, same character.

cheers.
jabber: bmartes@jabber.xs4all.nl

You find a blessed scroll labeled ELBIB YLOH.
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:07 pm

The building should now be there.

Can you confirm that the project was set up a long while ago (2 or 3 weeks or more ) ?

We believe we have fixed the issue of accenetd characters and punctuation in building, vehicle and landmark names but only for new projects. Older projects with these issues will still need intervention by ProgD
zymurge

Postby zymurge » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:32 pm

Is there a known issue for the following scenario:

- there are two separate bodies of water, divided by a thin layer of land
- sailing in body of water A you can get close enough to dockable places in B
- you can in fact begin docking to B
- there appears to be no way to cancel this docking once it begins

(will let you know the results when docking completes, currently at 55% :))
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:50 pm

That's always been possible and there are several places which effectively link between two different sea areas - think canals/navigable channels

Docking cancellation is not possible in the last two hours of the docking process
zymurge

Postby zymurge » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:36 pm

So I know see. What makes it interesting though is that it is one way. You move from one body of water to a dock on a nearby body of water, yet you cannot undock in a way that will get you back to the body of water that you originated from.

So these canals have "One Way" signs on them and police that write tickets if you go the wrong way? :D

In the location that I'm in, I can see how there is a strategically paired town not far down the coast that is facing the opposite body of water. So apparently the way back through is to dock there and then undock on the far side.

It seems a bit of a kludge to me, but I can guess how the current code conveniently supports this if it's all proximity based on the docking algorithm, and looks at shoreline to determine the available undocking directions.
genki

Postby genki » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:25 pm

I sent the following message to bugs@cantr.net, and it was bounced back to me with a message that I did not have permission to post to that mailing list. I sent the message from the address which I have registered with Cantr.

The issue below has not been solved.

-begin quoted message-

To: bugs@cantr.net
Subject: Boat in sea of MySQL errors after docking.
Date: Dec 10, 2006 9:55 AM

My character "Mateo del Puente" attempted to dock his boat "La Memoria
de Kartsjantankin - La Tierra de mi creación" to the location which he has
named "Llanoi".

He received the following message:

1740-2.04: La Memoria de Kartsjantankin - La Tierra de mi creación atraca en el muelle de .

I believe that it should have stated:

1740-2.04: La Memoria de Kartsjantankin - La Tierra de mi creación atraca en el muelle de Llanoi.

The boat is now floating in a sea.

He sees the following on his Sitio(Location) page:

Warning: mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
in /home/httpd/vhosts/cantr.net/httpdocs/page.description.inc.php on line 296

Warning: mysql_fetch_object(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
in /home/httpd/vhosts/cantr.net/httpdocs/page.description.inc.php on line 356

in /home/httpd/vhosts/cantr.net/httpdocs/page.description.inc.php on line 372

in /home/httpd/vhosts/cantr.net/httpdocs/page.description.inc.php on line 383

-end quoted message-
Sho

Postby Sho » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:58 pm

Arlequin

Postby Arlequin » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:17 pm

Hi.

A character called "Jalifrunki" has suddenly vanished from a locked place without any death or parting notice. He was suffering the sleeping sickness, so we were killing him. His resources were critical for the survival of many characters. :?

He was last seen less than a Cantr day ago.
♫ bling! ♫
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:10 pm

Was it a young person? Since newspawns can vanish without leaving a corpse if they haven't been played much. The things they're carrying should fall on the ground though.
Not-so-sad panda

Return to “General Support”