Characters on character list moved around?

Forum for general requests for support for players. Both staff members and veteran players can help new players with problems they encounter. No chatting in this forum, please.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Programming Department

the_antisocial_hermit

Characters on character list moved around?

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:48 pm

I was just looking at my character list, and everyone was in their place. But then I went into a character and came back, and my youngest had been moved up to the third position. It was really jarring and scared me for a minute.

I hope this is not a permanent thing on the game's end, because I prefer my characters listed by age rather than gender. They need to get back in their rightful places. :(
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
the_antisocial_hermit

Re: Characters on character list moved around?

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:12 pm

I do not know if it was a temporary issue or if some magic was done, but it just now switched back to normal.
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:19 pm

It swapped again, so I tried a hard refresh (Ctrl+F5), and that seemed to swap it back, even though logging in and out the first time didn't? I guess if it happens again, I'll keep trying that. It is really weird, and I can't remember it ever happening before, but 12 years is a long time, so who knows.

Adding an update here to avoid multi-posting (it is now about 21 hours after I first saw it happen):

This keeps happening, it's always random, doesn't usually last long. It doesn't matter what browser or computer I'm on, so I'm now certain it's not on my end. It's only the character from the end of my list that keeps moving.
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:30 pm

Have two of your characters spawned at the same day? I wonder why this problem didn't happen any time in the past, because no code changes were done for character list for quite a long time.
Was your character dragging or doing anything interesting when it happened for the first time?
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
nateflory

Postby nateflory » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:17 pm

Do you have any custom CSS or GreaseMonkey scripting going on?
I noticed once when Iwas trying to muddle my way through a script plugin that a few pages got randomly wonky, but not consistently.
When I went back to "Classic Cantr" CSSS it worked fine again. (My issue was my own fault, but something to consider, since I know a few people use helpful add-ons sometimes?)
---------------------------------
"Nature may reach the same result in many ways." - Nikola Tesla
"Dare to be naïve". - "Unity is plural and, at minimum, is two." - Bucky Fuller
MattWithoos

Postby MattWithoos » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:45 pm

I often have this problem but have a handful of characters who spawned on the same day. It corrects itself after a short while (less than a day)
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:01 pm

They were spawned on the same day, though the last one was at the end of the day and the first was at the very beginning, and I wondered if that happened to be a part of it, though I've never had that issue until now. It was their spawnday the day it started happening, though it didn't happen for the others they've had.

They were not doing anything interesting that I remember. Just working on whatever random projects they had going.

I know it wasn't a script. I only run Cantr Enhanced, and I only have that on the main computer I use to access the game (I did check it, as well when it first happened). It is not on my phone, tablet or second computer. The only consistent script would be the CalyxMod-dark.css that I chose from the interface settings, and I've not made any changes to it or had any issues since I changed to it in Feb.

It is still doing it, but it only happens for a few minutes at a time.
Millhouse

Postby Millhouse » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:15 pm

Obviously, your character experiences time differently than others and at any given moment they may be older or younger than your ordinary, spatially static characters.
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:58 pm

It can get a bit wibbly wobbly, I imagine.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies. There may be nothing done for it, but since it is usually not very long, it's not so bad. At least I know where to look if it is not in its place.

Return to “General Support”