Animals

Ekstere-de-la-rolanto diskutforumo por ludantoj en Esperanto

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department

Doug R.

Animals

Postby Doug R. » Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:05 am

Greetings! I'm the new Resource Department Shepherd, charged with keeping watch over the animals in Cantr. I'm starting this thread so I can get feedback from all the language groups about the animal situations on their islands. Your feedback is appreciated, even if (especially if) everything is perfect (if it's not broke, don't fix it).
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
trojo

Re: Animals

Postby trojo » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:39 am

We are almost totally out of animals in Ĉiela Savo, and neither of the two tiny animal groups that remain (5 vultures and 2 coyotes) drop hide.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:56 am

Alright, thanks for keeping me informed. I'll see what I can do.
Ronja Rotschopf

Postby Ronja Rotschopf » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:03 pm

I remember that there were titan beetles when my character spawned there. Do they still exist (I could not find a wiki-article)?
trojo

Postby trojo » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:12 pm

Are "titan beetles" different from "scarabs"? Cantr's scarabs are basically big beetles I think, but I haven't seen any of them with any of my Esperanto characters, so I don't know how "scarab" has been translated into Eo (I'm assuming "skarabo" or perhaps "skarabego", but I don't know for sure), and so I don't know if titan beetle is something altogether different. Whatever kind of beetle once existed in Ĉiela Savo is gone now though, with only a few second-hand chitin shields passed down from generation to generation to remind us of this now-extinct noble creature. :)

Also, some positive feedback: the animal mix on the main Esperanto island (Irdrosto, Jerifo, Malzovaro, etc) seems to have a pretty good balance of types and healthy population levels from what I've seen.
Ronja Rotschopf

Postby Ronja Rotschopf » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:22 pm

a few days ago one of my Esperanto characters hunted a "titana skarabo". But this is a traveller and I think he is far away from any Esperanto-locations

from the wiki entry about shell
Gathered by killing scarabs and titan beetles.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:22 pm

They are two different kinds of beetles. Unfortunately, I can't look at this until some login issues get fixed, but I'll let you know when I do.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:41 pm

I don't know exactly where your town is, but it appears that the majority of the character populations on the island are in areas that are geographically separated by deserts or mountains from the main animal populations. The animal populations themselves are healthy, it's just that they are hunted out in areas with characters with no chance of being replenished from the outside. I'm going to let this be. If you need animal products, you'll actually have to go on hunting trips.
trojo

Postby trojo » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:27 am

Yeah that describes where we are at. Two grassland locs on the coast with only one overland exit between the two of them, directly into the mountains. One of the locs is among the top ten Spanish spawn-points and the other is a major (relatively speaking) Esperanto spawn-point. The ecological impact of overcrowding, I guess.

Return to “Esperantistaj Ludantoj (Esperanto)”