PLAY BALL!!!

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Pie

PLAY BALL!!!

Postby Pie » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:22 pm

SPORTS!!! I was watching the soccer world cup thingy(USA!!!) and i thought.. now wouldn't it be cool if Blackrock fircam and the macgregors had a soccer team and would face each other? I mean, just think of the compatition that would a sume. It would be much like modern olympacs.

way#1I would suggest that it would be much like a project, like dragging, exept your dragging a ball, and there are people dragging the ball in two directions. BUT, this would start out much like a project, and you wouldn't start making goals when you start the project, the project wouldn't start untill... maby half a day, to allow all players to start the project. And also takaling, like in all those anime were those ditsy girls(no affence to girls) would tackle the guy and the guy would say not to do that..... anyway.....

Now, you may think that this would only allow for soccer to be playd, but no, this would allow any place with two goals to go to, such as football(make an inzone, and drag the ball to the inzone) baskitball(make a hoop) rugby(I don't know about this one... maby) but i don't think it would allow for basball.

way#2 this one is alot more versatile. you add the posabilaty to through things, and of course, it would be, perhaps 2 hours time, wich the person who is being troun at, can catch or hit the thing being throughn. And also, the posability of throwing things at other things, and if that thing has a hoop, than there should be some radius between the skill, the length of the person away from the hoop(or goal, and the skill of the person throwing and any person who is guarding would be minised) and the size of the goal

This would allow many more things. But i wouldn't know how we would make a feild, and i will get to that in my next paragraph.now, way #2 would need a feild, but it would allow alot more sports, like bassball, rugby, football, soccer, criket, and many other things.

alright, and number 2 would need a feild. Easy as pie(but I am very complex.....) you guys need to programm it so that every town has sertain sections in it(I think this is being implamented) and then those sections have places in it for buildings, and farms(for food, of course, and of course there are naturally growing foods, so.... no problem for newspawns) and if somthing dosen't have a farm or a building, it is a feild, and you can, in that feild, make a hoop or a goal, and when a person enters that goal, she/he can go to buildings/locations or objects or it could be in events, and it would be stated what persentage of distance he/she is frome a hoop/ goal/inzone.

And of course, feilds can be built inside buildings, and it would be calld a courtyard, and in that courtyard you can build a garden(boaring...) or a sport place(WOOOOP!!!)

So.... does anyone wan't to watch blackrock and fircam duel it out on the feild?
Pnumerical Intuitiong Engyn
Paranormal Investigation Exorsism
Porcupine Interspecies Extra_poison
Pick In Enter

... The headquarters of P.I.E.!!!
Mykey

:

Postby Mykey » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:03 pm

This remarkable idea is necessary just by the way
Last edited by Mykey on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:07 pm

(to all those moderators out there... yes i did a search*sets up the anti-flame gun just in case....*)

Pick In Enter

sem

Why not?

Postby sem » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:10 pm

#1 sounds a bit like Ashbourne shrovetide football
Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:19 pm

meh?

Pick In Enter

the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:11 pm

Ehmm... I think sports should be made up and rp'd in game...
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:14 pm

I know, but this is the way to make it POSIBAL to do sports.

Pick In Enter

Sho

Postby Sho » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:49 pm

Too much work to code for a dubious benefit to Cantr. Also imposes a single sport on all characters in Cantr, which is not really in keeping with Cantr's design.
Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:05 pm

(Ehem, no it dosent. You can improvise goals with hoops, inzones, anything, and if we implement this, it will be posable to do active sports(still no way to do chess i think...) and... is there any other sport (active sport) that wouldn't be able to work in this game?

Pick In Enter

Mykey

:

Postby Mykey » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:08 pm

Something at me personal messages do not send, a mistake what that
Last edited by Mykey on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pie

Postby Pie » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:28 pm

Pie wrote:(Ehem, no it dosent. You can improvise goals with hoops, inzones, anything, and if we implement this, it will be posable to do active sports(still no way to do chess i think...) and... is there any other sport (active sport) that wouldn't be able to work in this game?

Pick In Enter

Frits

Postby Frits » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:57 pm

IG sporf suggestions: When two people stay close to each other for a long time they could play a game of chess, on a note.
goitre

Postby goitre » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:01 am

Perhaps a 'ball' could be implemented - just as another useless object, up to the characters to RP with it. I was thinking about playing 'hot potato' with a broom, between towns. "Buahaha! Your town has been broomed!"

As for chess, I don't believe it belongs in Cantr, very OOC idea - make up some chess variant and play that instead.
Marian

Postby Marian » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:23 am

You guys don't be so mean to Pie, he makes me laugh. :D
Leo Luncid

Postby Leo Luncid » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:32 am

goitre wrote:As for chess, I don't believe it belongs in Cantr, very OOC idea - make up some chess variant and play that instead.
Me thinks so as well, for the record.
Notice how weak and petty we are / In the grand fixture we come afar / Hey we can't help it / No denying the prerequisite for love / Your very existence / You're the source of my substenance / Slow down take your time and feel the / Flow

Return to “Suggestions”