Accessibility of interface

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Spillages

Postby Spillages » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:04 am

The Surly Cantrian wrote:
The Surly Cantrian wrote:Option to sort the Objects page

To explain: this would mean that on the objects page there would be an option to sort the resources alphabetically (So apples would be listed first, then your bauxite, then the chromium etc.). Now before anyone scoffs... this would be so unbelievably useful for stock takes. And I am soooo fed up of the hours I spend cutting and pasting together inventory notes, mostly because I have to reorder things. So, anyways... resources to be listed alphabetically, or if not alphabetically at least in a consistent pattern.

Grouping of items

To explain: On both the inventory and objects pages, objects (more specifically clothes) seem to be listed in a more or less random way (this is true of clothes, although tools seem to be grouped). Basically, I would like to see the 4 loin clothes listed one after the other, followed by the 3 fur bikinis and then the 2 leather pants. Again, would seriously cut down the amount of time I have to spend on inventory notes. Needlessly.
Please!

Just an option to list alphabetically, or to list as it is now...

Yes! organize alphabetically and also have buttons on the objects page just like it does on inventory page.
silence is golden;
DUCT TAPE IS SILVER!
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:51 pm

Okay, when you put materials on a project you start... you should be redirected back to your inventory, not the events page. Many projects require using more than one material anyway.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:24 am

Changing course when sailing should redirect you to events since it creates an event.
Not-so-sad panda
marol

Postby marol » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:18 am

the_antisocial_hermit wrote:Okay, when you put materials on a project you start... you should be redirected back to your inventory, not the events page.(...)
SekoETC wrote:Changing course when sailing should redirect you to events since it creates an event.
Those has been changed as you wish.
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:05 pm

Thank you. Most helpful, those two.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:20 pm

After having to go through ticking 215 notes after a note bomber to put them in an envelope, could it be possible to have a "select all" button when operating on multiple notes?
Not-so-sad panda
Avathar

Postby Avathar » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:11 am

I don't know if this is the correct Thread. It isn't really in the IG interface but it would be a small change which will save one click and one page to load.

When you logout you get the 'cantr webzine news' page. At top of this page there are four buttons for: Home, Contents, Forum and chat.

I suggest to change the Home button to a Button which will redirect you direct to the login-page

On the home page there are allready links for the forum and the chat. So you only click on home if you want to go to the login page or to the wiki page.

So if you change this, maybe you could add a button at the webzine page for the Wiki
Schaduwen zijn er om in te wandelen
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:16 am

You can select which page you log out - On your player page click on change and near the bottom is a drop down box for the page you want to log out to .

The Options are the Webzine, Wiki, Forum and Front Page
Avathar

Postby Avathar » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:24 am

Thanks Chris, didn't knew that :)
Schaduwen zijn er om in te wandelen
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:45 pm

After starting a tailoring project, it should redirect to inventory. (I don't know if it does do that in some cases, but at least not for all.)
Not-so-sad panda
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:51 pm

SekoETC wrote:After starting a tailoring project, it should redirect to inventory. (I don't know if it does do that in some cases, but at least not for all.)

Having just set up a tailoring project myself you are right - it currently redirects to events

EDIT: This has been changed
Crosshair

Postby Crosshair » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:32 pm

That's a point... when starting a tailoring project, why does it sometimes just seem to refesh the page instead of moving to the project information?
[url=http://dragcave.net/view/tvkg][img]http://dragcave.net/image/tvkg.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://dragcave.net/view/RgKP][img]http://dragcave.net/image/RgKP.gif[/img][/url]
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:00 am

This occurs when you use the Browser's back button after viewing an item - Try not to use that and use the in page navigation links ("Back to clothes manuafacturing page" or something similar) instead
Mykey

:

Postby Mykey » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:57 am

In it something is. I thank you for the help in this question, I can too I can than to help that?
Last edited by Mykey on Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Talapus

Postby Talapus » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:26 am

Mykey wrote:Would it be possible to have all options listed alphabetically, please :?: :shock: :?:

Theye are listed alphabetically. Just by an item name that is different from the one characters see (iron trowel, wooden trowel, and bronze trowel all have the name "trowel"). :)

Return to “Suggestions”