Accessibility of interface

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

g1asswa1ker

Re: Accessibility of interface

Postby g1asswa1ker » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:11 pm

With new advent of being able to terminate projects would it be more practical to move the termination button to the further side of the project. Preventing accidental clicks. I using an android phone find I click the termination or the knock on door button accidently a lot...
Somehow you strayed and lost your way,
and now there'll be no time to play,
no time for joy,
no time for friends
- not even time to make amends.
You are too naïve if you do believe life is innocent laughter and fun.
in vitro...

Postby in vitro... » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:12 pm

help with project icon should look like + instead of p.
attack should look like a sword.
drag could use an icon similar to drag resources but with a smiley instead of 3 squares.
cantr się posypał
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:29 pm

I think it'd look nicer if the links to do stuff to your account were on the right instead of the left and the name and such were back on the left (but that's just what feels natural to me). Maybe the Name, Username, Email and Status just need to be justified to the left. It's weird looking the way they're indented.

Also, something about the new format makes my longer character name go onto two lines with exaggerated spacing between, and it never used to be long enough to do that before.

It used to be:

Code: Select all

*Johanna Lafanna Malarky    Location

and not:

Code: Select all

*Johanna          Lafanna              Some location
Malarky

I'm guessing some tables just need to have their width fixed? Since it's just the name and the location now, they could be wider to accommodate longer versions of each.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Chroma Key

Postby Chroma Key » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:41 am

I think this is the right thread for it - feel free to move it if not. I would like materials in char inventories to be grouped together in the order they appear. For example, edibles should appear together, as should resources like iron and steel etc.
"695 grams of apple juice
288 grams of grape juice
160 grams of biodiesel
6 grams of hemp yarn
252 grams of cooked meat
1231 grams of cotton yarn
293 grams of blackberries
3006 grams of cotton
553 grams of bread
114 grams of grapes"
This is part of my char's inventory. It would be neat if the biodiesel etc was not listed in between. It just looks very untidy to me. Is it possible to do this?
"She could make something sound stupid just by hearing it.”
"For a short moment there, you almost sounded human."
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Maybe an option to sort how you'd like (type, alphabetical, default, etc)
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
Chroma Key

Postby Chroma Key » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:17 pm

Whilst on my phone, I just hate, hate, hate going back and forth different screens as it is extremely time consuming and my attention span is not the best around.
So, when adding materials to a project, is it possible for us to see how much of it we have in our inventory? It is great that with many projects we can just type in how much we want to make and see a clear calculation of the materials/time needed etc... Can we not have a little box that says you have X amount of Y in your inventory? Yes, I can go back and forth if I forget the amount, but I also have an issue with reading numbers (i.e. I will see it written down as 27 but read it as 72 etc, which gets even trickier the more decimals there are), which messes things up for me a lot of the time, and wouldn't it be just so neat anyway? Pretty please?
"She could make something sound stupid just by hearing it.”
"For a short moment there, you almost sounded human."
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:32 am

Today we made small change on location/description page. Few things are moved, some reduced, some added, I hope you'll adjust to that new interface soon. It's needed to get some field to add new things regarding animals directly on the location page.

Not it's possible to see ships' names when staying not in coastal locations.

If something doesn't work then try ctrl+r first.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’

Return to “Suggestions”