Accessibility of interface

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

psychowico

Re: Accessibility of interface

Postby psychowico » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:12 am

My proposition: somewhere links with days number.
(1, 2, 3, 4, 5) == today, yesterday, etc.
that looks and work similar to "site number" here, in thread at forum.
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

https://www.kinkykitty.pl
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:18 am

When dragging items, it would be nice if it went back to the objects page instead of the events page.
Greek
Programming Dept. Member/Translator-Polish

Postby Greek » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:34 am

Good idea.
‘Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! You think we should try to get a decent mail service in the city. I think we should try to send letters anywhere in the world! Because if we fail, I’d rather fail really hugely’
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:25 am

Greek wrote:Another suggestion another time: button "show only last day" for events to avoid loading thousands of older events. I suggested it somewhere some time ago. Or maybe textfield to select number of hours to be displayed. I don't know. Any interface-friendly suggestions?

A choice would be nice, but it would also be nice that when you check it, it stays that way. I find it very frustrating when the events disappear, so you hit 'show all', but if you do anything, you lose it again. I also wish the events wouldn't disappear off the page so quickly....that is a big pain when naming people.
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:26 am

Thus the suggestion somewhere that naming people, places, roads, vehicles etc shouldn't reload the page.
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:55 am

I think it'd be nice if when you change the steering of a ship, it takes you back to the location page instead of the events page.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:03 pm

Why not do an interface similar to events filtering for default page reloads? For every page action, you can list which page you want it to redirect to.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:21 pm

Doug R. wrote:Why not do an interface similar to events filtering for default page reloads? For every page action, you can list which page you want it to redirect to.

But we really need it? I think in most case we don't want redirect to 'specific' page. We want redirect to last used page.
For sample: if I get "Character Description" by clicking on somebody name on events page - I want back to event page. But if I get "Character Description" by 'people' page I want back to people page.

It is easy to write, but ofcourse we always had too little time.
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

Chroma Key

Postby Chroma Key » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:34 am

Okay, the search has resulted in 109 pages so feel free to bite my head off if it has been suggested before.
Whilst dragging someone, I would like to be able to see the percentage without having to go to the player page.
"She could make something sound stupid just by hearing it.”
"For a short moment there, you almost sounded human."
Armulus Satchula

Postby Armulus Satchula » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:20 pm

Show degrees around you when holding the telescope.
Addicted

Postby Addicted » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:16 am

Armulus Satchula wrote:Show degrees around you when holding the telescope.

Mine often drop one while sailing, set course and pick it back up. I was surprised it didn't show this information the first time one of mine used a telescope. I can't see any reason for not showing this.

Chroma Key wrote:Okay, the search has resulted in 109 pages so feel free to bite my head off if it has been suggested before.
Whilst dragging someone, I would like to be able to see the percentage without having to go to the player page.

And yes to the dragging percent. Same reason. We can get the information elsewhere, it's just awkward. So why not show it somewhere easier. Where I'm not sure as we don't want anyone else to see this so not the people page and it can't be a project for the same reason.
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:59 am

Mine often drop one while sailing, set course and pick it back up. I was surprised it didn't show this information the first time one of mine used a telescope. I can't see any reason for not showing this.

A bug or just 'feature lack'.

And yes to the dragging percent. Where I'm not sure as we don't want anyone else to see this so not the people page and it can't be a project for the same reason.

I not see any reasoun why other shouldn't see this. When you try dragg somebody it's natural to other can see this, especially victim.

Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:46 pm

I agree that both should be seen. There is no reasoning for not displaying either.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:41 pm

The link to the wiki that you click from a character's page (the ? button) should open in a new tab or window, rather than leave Cantr in the same window to go to it.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Chroma Key

Postby Chroma Key » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:53 pm

^ Yes! Can we have a link to it on the player page, too?
As for dragging percents, please apply it to the objects as well?
"She could make something sound stupid just by hearing it.”
"For a short moment there, you almost sounded human."

Return to “Suggestions”