Accessibility of interface

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

WojD

Accessibility of interface

Postby WojD » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:07 pm

If you have accessibility related idea please submit it here.

I'll try to implement it as soon as possible :)
==============
Peanut

Postby Peanut » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:12 pm

Corrected topic and stickied it.
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:29 pm

Well, if you're asking...
Actually it's all pretty good as far as a user of text/speech is concerned, the couple of improvements I've asked for have been almost instantly implemented.... Except for trying to sail a boat of course. IUnless this suggestion to give distances to objects seen covers distance and direction to the nearest port, and lists any obstacles in the way, I think my chars will have to remain land-lubbers.
T.L.H.E.

Postby T.L.H.E. » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:39 am

Okay, I have one... it may have been suggested before... it may have been suggested 18 times before, I don't know, I haven't read the forum in ages.

1) Make notes their own tab. That is to say, take them out of the inventory, and give them a separate page.

Even using cable, with some of my characters it takes 30 seconds to load all the notes before I can get to the item or resource I want, and then there's all the scrolling.

2) If a separate page would be too much work, or unpopular, I can't understand why the oft suggested checkbox has never been implemented. If we have a checkbox to take notes out of an envelope, why can't we have one to put them in? It would be even better if we could read notes in envelopes.
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:13 am

... the same with keys. Did that keyring suggestion ever get implemented. One of my chars seems to be keeper of the keys for a town, and it's a pain scrolling through the inventory.
WojD

Postby WojD » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:32 am

Numerical distances - perhaps this will be possible soon.

I hope not only keyring suggestion will be implemented - also purse for coins is necessary...

Notes - this is big change - and must be discussed separately again.
==============
creepyguyinblack

Postby creepyguyinblack » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:46 am

I agree, it would be nice to have notes in their own page. Maybe some sort of sub menu of inventory, so you could choose to just display resources, items, notes or keys.
“We are beginning to see intimations of this in the implantation of computer devices into the human body.”

Ray Kurzweil quotes
AzzY

Postby AzzY » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:16 pm

That kinda brings us to bags again :)

BTW, don't know if this belongs here, but the link to the forum from the characters space is misspelled.
Octavio

Postby Octavio » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:47 pm

I'm more for the idea of being abble to read/edit notes in envelopes without emptying them. That will allow everyone to keep the inventory clean while still allowing for very important notes to be in your main inventory.

And let's not forget the keyholder idea. This would be really usefull too.
Wait a minute,... what am I saying anyway? I can code the keyholder! :D

Kidding! The idea must be approved first. :P
Carpe Diem
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:50 pm

Octavio wrote:I'm more for the idea of being abble to read/edit notes in envelopes without emptying them.

Desks were supposed to get that functionality. While also be able to be locked, and be used by others. Still pending, though ... ;)
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:18 am

There's a couple of alt txt improvements could be made... In the inventory screen, sensible labels ask "Use this material on a project?", but to use a machine on the Objects screen the message is a web address with "smalluse.gif at the end.
Similarly on the Hunting screen, the "Hit" button is similarly garbled.
goitre

Postby goitre » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:38 am

On the hunting form, would it be possible to add a checkbox such that what you get from hunting will be dropped on the ground?

For example:

[x] Collect animal remains.

The box could start checked when the hunting form loads, and if players decide they don't want the animal parts, then they can uncheck the box, and the animal parts from kills would drop to the ground.
Jos Elkink
Founder Emeritus

Postby Jos Elkink » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:54 am

I like that one, goitre :)
Nalaris

Postby Nalaris » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:13 pm

I imagine it would be useful, though right now all my charries can use all the animal resources they can get.
Marian

Postby Marian » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:21 pm

I don't know if this is the tight place for these, but I think manufactering list should also say what machines you need. Right now if you want to make a bow for instance, you get all your tools together only to find out that whoops, you need a string jig too, plus a building to put it in.

And that's my second suggestion, that machines should say whether they have to be built inside or outside. Also, it'd be nice if the list of tools you need for something, like flatter, set hammer, whatever, would be links, so you can see how to make those too without having to go back to the tool page and search through the list every time.

Return to “Suggestions”