Accessibility of interface

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Solfius

Postby Solfius » Mon May 22, 2006 2:23 pm

Hellzon wrote:I agree with the sorting ideas. And in a similar vein: checkboxes to the same thing simultaneously to several notes. Soon. Pretty please? :)

Yea, that one has needed doing for years now
Surly

Postby Surly » Mon May 22, 2006 3:50 pm

Hellzon wrote:I agree with the sorting ideas. And in a similar vein: checkboxes to the same thing simultaneously to several notes. Soon. Pretty please? :)
Oh god yes... :x
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Razorlance

Filter buildings & vehicles

Postby Razorlance » Fri May 26, 2006 2:22 pm

Just an idea I had which I think would be beneficial in larger towns. On the buildings and vehicles page could a filter be added so that you can choose to show either all buildings and vehicles or only the ones you have keys for?

I know this would probably benefit thieves but I'm thinking of a business owner who has a couple of buildings in a town which has dozens of buildings.
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Fri May 26, 2006 4:00 pm

Surly wrote:
Solfius wrote:

Yea, that one has needed doing for years now

Oh god yes... :x

Please post your opinoins on here: http://www.cantr.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 8&start=15
fishfin

Postby fishfin » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:27 pm

I usully cant remember how long it's been sinse i last voted so is there some way that beside the links to the game review sites there could be something saying how long since the last time you voted at that site?
The following statement is not true.

The previous statement is not true.
nateflory

Postby nateflory » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:01 pm

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a building project "check" for validity when you first select the type of thing you want to build.

Example:
I build my first boat ever in the game, yay me!
I think I'll try to put an oven on it.....
Enter my longboat...
Click manufacture...
Click vehicles...
click small cargo hold...
See what I need to build it...
NAME the darn thing....
Error! - You can't build an oven on your vehicle!

With dialup, that was about 5 extra page-loads and 2-3 minutes gone, just to discover longboats could not have small cargo holds.

And lest you others say "But the Wiki has everything you need to know, as does the forum possibly", remember that I'm on dialup, and it takes forever to load forum pages..even worse at times than in-game Cantr-lag.
Simply going in-game and building it, and learning it didn't work was fine.

(If it would have worked, I would have saved myself the effort of looking up the wiki, searching for cabins/holds, browsing the forums, and then confirming the info, then going through all 5-6 steps to construct one in-game.)

My suggestion would be:
Enter longboat...
Click manufacture...
Click Vehicles...
click Small Cabin...
ERROR - You can't build it here!

NOt much different, but for some folks the extra 2-3 steps saved would prevent a god bit of irritation.
---------------------------------
"Nature may reach the same result in many ways." - Nikola Tesla
"Dare to be naïve". - "Unity is plural and, at minimum, is two." - Bucky Fuller
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:45 pm

A simple change, now that we have the sub tabs in the inventory, would it be possible to highlight the one selected? Surely you could tell from the type of things inside, but what if you don't have any keys, or notes, or coins? Just thought it would look cool if the selected tab was of a lighter shade of green, or if the text was underlined/written in bold/whatever.
Not-so-sad panda
Chris Johnson

Postby Chris Johnson » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:24 pm

SekoETC wrote:A simple change, now that we have the sub tabs in the inventory, would it be possible to highlight the one selected? Surely you could tell from the type of things inside, but what if you don't have any keys, or notes, or coins? Just thought it would look cool if the selected tab was of a lighter shade of green, or if the text was underlined/written in bold/whatever.

Good idea - its been implemented - As it required a change to the Cantr style sheet people may need to clear their browser cache before it works
(Try Ctrl F5)

EDIT - If it just looks like a normal Grey background button then your cache needs clearing - It should look like the other buttons but with the text and background colours reversed (i.e. dark green italic text on light green background)
Last edited by Chris Johnson on Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:15 pm

Oh, ok. I was wondering for a bit. Since I'm using a light brown colour scheme and that doesn't quite match with dark green.
Not-so-sad panda
wichita
Administrator Emeritus

Postby wichita » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:15 pm

Shiny! :D Simple, but I like it.
"Y-O-U! It's just two extra letters! Come on, people! This is the internet, not a barn!" --Kid President
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:15 am

Could the state of a dragging project be shown on the char screen, like other projects, ie percentage completion, rather than having to go back to the player page to find it?
Crosshair

Postby Crosshair » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:22 am

Good idea. :)
[url=http://dragcave.net/view/tvkg][img]http://dragcave.net/image/tvkg.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://dragcave.net/view/RgKP][img]http://dragcave.net/image/RgKP.gif[/img][/url]
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:35 am

I second, err.. third that.
Not-so-sad panda
Surly

Postby Surly » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:51 pm

The Surly Cantrian wrote:Option to sort the Objects page

To explain: this would mean that on the objects page there would be an option to sort the resources alphabetically (So apples would be listed first, then your bauxite, then the chromium etc.). Now before anyone scoffs... this would be so unbelievably useful for stock takes. And I am soooo fed up of the hours I spend cutting and pasting together inventory notes, mostly because I have to reorder things. So, anyways... resources to be listed alphabetically, or if not alphabetically at least in a consistent pattern.

Grouping of items

To explain: On both the inventory and objects pages, objects (more specifically clothes) seem to be listed in a more or less random way (this is true of clothes, although tools seem to be grouped). Basically, I would like to see the 4 loin clothes listed one after the other, followed by the 3 fur bikinis and then the 2 leather pants. Again, would seriously cut down the amount of time I have to spend on inventory notes. Needlessly.
Please!

Just an option to list alphabetically, or to list as it is now...
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:02 pm

Yes, please listen to Surly!

Return to “Suggestions”