Accessibility of interface

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

deadboy

Postby deadboy » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:29 pm

yes definatly we need to know what machinary is needed for items
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
UloDeTero

Postby UloDeTero » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:35 pm

The box could start checked when the hunting form loads, and if players decide they don't want the animal parts, then they can uncheck the box, and the animal parts from kills would drop to the ground.

Or perhaps there could be a seperate box for each type of animal part. A charrie might want meat, for example, but not dung or tendons.
Just A Bill

Postby Just A Bill » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:55 pm

How hard would pop ups be on the "Events", "Inventory", "Location" ect, then filtering based on choices. For examble "Events" could pop up to "All", "Recent", "About You", "Hunting", "Taking/Moving". Recent would be what it normally populates now, the others would be a possibly filtered version of all events...

"Inventory" could pop up to "All", "Resources", "Tools", "Keys", "Notes".

"Location" could pop up to "All", "Resources", "Animals", "Exits"

"Buildings/Vehicles" -> "All", "Buildings", "Vehicles" (not terribly origional, I know)
"People" -> "All", "Known", "Unknown", where known is anyone who you have changed their name.

"Objects -> "All", "Machines", "Tools/Objects", "Resources", "Notes"

"Activity -> "All", "By You", "Active", "Inactive"
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:24 pm

Remember the subject is accessibility. Be very wary of pop-ups.
AzzY

Postby AzzY » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:41 pm

I'd like to write this again, eventhough I'm still not sure if this is where it belong. My first post was ignored.

Could you please fix the link to the forum on the player page? (or atleast the german one, in case they are different files)

It links to "http://www.cantr.net/%60http://www.cantr.net/forum%60" which seems to be a non existant address, instead of linking to "cantr.net/forum.

I don't wanna have to logg out everytime I wanna check the forum.
nateflory

Postby nateflory » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:48 pm

Could you please fix the link to the forum on the player page?

Nope, it's doing it to me in English too.
Just A Bill

Postby Just A Bill » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:49 am

Pop ups is the wrong word. What I am thinking about is drop down lists. Not sure what is possible with html...
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:28 pm

I've been looking for a long while how the "View all" and "Hide all" links (which have a colored background) are partially on top of each other, or at least right next to each other. It would look less stuffed if they had at least a small padding. I tried to look at the source code and the css file but I found it hard to see which affects what. The thing is inside a table and the stylesheet didn't seem to include any formatting for tables. Also, if the coloured areas were of equal width, it would look more balanced and professional.
Not-so-sad panda
Marian

Postby Marian » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:14 pm

I don't know if this is the tight place for these, but I think manufactering list should also say what machines you need. Right now if you want to make a bow for instance, you get all your tools together only to find out that whoops, you need a string jig too, plus a building to put it in.

Implemented! YAY! :D
mcclone

Postby mcclone » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:46 pm

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, if so, I am sorry. I did try searching.

How about, when you talk to someone, on the message input page, instead of simply saying "Your message", it could say "Your message to So and So". That would save the embarassment of talking to the wrong person (which I have done).

Thank you.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:09 pm

Hey, I just came to think, since I was taking a user interface course in school (before I quit it to save the teacher from my constant absense), one of the things I learned was buttons should be disabled if they're not usable at the moment. So when you have already hit someone within a day, the button for hitting would be replaced with one that's slightly grayish in hue and maybe a bit blurry. That would instantly tell the player you can't hit yet, and save you from clicking it and getting the ugly red warning message.
Not-so-sad panda
deadboy

Postby deadboy » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:13 pm

Now that is a good idea
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we" - George W. Bush
Crosshair

Postby Crosshair » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:13 pm

I was thinking that as well... Or just remove the button altogether, like when you are on a project.
[url=http://dragcave.net/view/tvkg][img]http://dragcave.net/image/tvkg.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://dragcave.net/view/RgKP][img]http://dragcave.net/image/RgKP.gif[/img][/url]
Sicofonte

Postby Sicofonte » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:24 am

Order alphabetically the project names in the selection project combox.
If possible, dynamic order, allowing different languages to keep a correct order.

---

For example, the small fire pit have a long project list. Some people complain about the difficult to find some projects when they are unexperienced.
Tyche es una malparida. Espero que Ramnus y Pluto intervengan... o no :P
Sicofonte

Postby Sicofonte » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:40 pm

AzzY wrote:I don't wanna have to logg out everytime I wanna check the forum.

You don't have to. You can open a new browser window and go to www.cantr.net (or better you can have a bookmark on the Cantr forum).
Tyche es una malparida. Espero que Ramnus y Pluto intervengan... o no :P

Return to “Suggestions”