Suggestions for Weapons and Protection

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Surly

Postby Surly » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:25 pm

Just noticed the 'Diamond encrusted sabre'

Cool! 8)

Why not have both a katana and a rapier?

I want my RAPIER! :evil: :twisted:
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Doodle_Jack

Postby Doodle_Jack » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:40 pm

How about a strangling cord made of cotton yarn and a bit of wood? Or would that be to easy to make?
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:20 pm

Many people don't have cord. But if you want it harder then use steel wire, it'll slit people's throats. But that's hard to simulate with the current battle system since if you manage to get someone from behind with a thing like that, you kill them pretty fast before they even notice. But if you fail then you're pretty screwed up since they wouldn't be letting you get close enough for a second attempt.
Not-so-sad panda
west

Postby west » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:23 pm

The Surly Cantrian wrote:Just noticed the 'Diamond encrusted sabre'

Cool! 8)

Why not have both a katana and a rapier?

I want my RAPIER! :evil: :twisted:

Yeah, I noticed that about a year ago when my char was handed one :twisted:

Not sure why we have them, but they're wicked awesome.
I'm not dead; I'm dormant.
Agar

Postby Agar » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:43 am

What about more weapon embelishments? Why only have a diamond encrusted saber? How about a Feathered Primitive bow? Add some feathers to the primitive bow and there you have it. We could use more uses for feathers anyhow. Gold filigree Crossbow? Add some gold to a a crossbow and a tool to inlay it. Iron Shod Billy club? Rapier with a silver basket? Why stop at weapons? Hide covered wooden shield? Add some hide hammered to the wooden shield. Diamond encrusted targe?

We've got more stuff to do things with, let's use it.
Reality was never my strong point.
Surly

Postby Surly » Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:47 pm

Agar wrote:Rapier with a silver basket?

Need a rapier first...

Where's my rapier!?

:evil:
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:19 am

Agar wrote:What about more weapon embelishments? Why only have a diamond encrusted saber? How about a Feathered Primitive bow? Add some feathers to the primitive bow and there you have it. We could use more uses for feathers anyhow. Gold filigree Crossbow? Add some gold to a a crossbow and a tool to inlay it. Iron Shod Billy club? Rapier with a silver basket? Why stop at weapons? Hide covered wooden shield? Add some hide hammered to the wooden shield. Diamond encrusted targe?

We've got more stuff to do things with, let's use it.

Because that is as far as I have gotten so far before I went inactive. :wink: Plus the sabre was an experiment as I wasn't sure how certain others would accept the idea at the time.
DylPickle

Postby DylPickle » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:52 am

That's a really good idea actualy Agar.

I'm still waiting for some types of armor to come out... Wetherthey actualy serve as protection or not.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:56 am

GoalieMan wrote:That's a really good idea actualy Agar.

I'm still waiting for some types of armor to come out... Wetherthey actualy serve as protection or not.

That is something that you'll have to pass by the tailors. If it is something that can be worn then I don't have any power or influence in that area. From my past with trying to get armor introduced there are those that don't want to see it.
Peanut

Postby Peanut » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:11 am

This might be an idea but.

Why not make shields this way

high protection high wieght

low protection low weight

You can also make alot of inbetween shields.

That way not all people will make just an Iron Shield.
Agar

Postby Agar » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:09 pm

There is a great variety of shields and they all have thier own attributes. Iron shields have thier advantages, but so do the others. I won't go into details here, but there are reasons to make wood and even bone shields, not to mention steel. Chitin and Tortishell shields are also good to make just so you can say you made it.
mortaine

Postby mortaine » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:55 pm

Peanut, I don't think I've ever had a character who owned enough iron to make a shield.
--
mortaine.
The Industriallist

Postby The Industriallist » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:31 pm

Agar wrote:There is a great variety of shields and they all have thier own attributes. Iron shields have thier advantages, but so do the others. I won't go into details here, but there are reasons to make wood and even bone shields, not to mention steel. Chitin and Tortishell shields are also good to make just so you can say you made it.

Other than costcutting? And the one particular one a lot of people will have heard about? Interesting.

How do you manage that poverty, Mortaine? I'll grant a lot of my characters are a bit old...but I only have one without an iron shield (my newest). And only a couple owned any iron before the change.
"If I can be a good crackhead, I can be a good Christian"

-A subway preacher
Agar

Postby Agar » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:02 am

Wow, I think I've had one character with an iron shield, because a guy gave him one. My stone knight had one too, so I guess that makes two, but I've never made one.

Industrialist, I think you're letting your vetran-ism show.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:08 am

Primitive warhammer that uses iron instead of steel, decays faster but should give some nice bruises.
Not-so-sad panda

Return to “Suggestions”