Suggestions for Weapons and Protection

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

rklenseth

Suggestions for Weapons and Protection

Postby rklenseth » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:58 am

Have an idea for weapons or protection? Place it here, please. Please, limit discussion. If you want to discuss idea then create a new topic, please.
The Industriallist

Postby The Industriallist » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:25 am

Put in the small wooden shaft for the war hammer, please? It's probably still a bad weapon, but I don't think anyone can make it now. I can't find the shaft anywhere, at least.
"If I can be a good crackhead, I can be a good Christian"

-A subway preacher
Appleide

Postby Appleide » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:02 am

Does the bastard sword ignore armour, if not make it so, it was used to knock people unconcious

Make it do 25 damag regardless of armour
and shields
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:10 am

BOOMERANG

easy - a bit of wood and a knife, it's not not going to be strong though...
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:40 pm

The Industriallist wrote:Put in the small wooden shaft for the war hammer, please? It's probably still a bad weapon, but I don't think anyone can make it now. I can't find the shaft anywhere, at least.

Fixed. It didn't get into the right object database. Sorry about that.
Agar

Postby Agar » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:55 pm

We have bones and a bone shield, wood and a wooden shield, iron and an iron shield, and steel and ... ? Where's the steel sheild?

Or leather armor? Not just a jacket, but stiffened leather made by boiling it in water and stuff? Other armors as well. Nothing silly like wood, but a nice set of samuri armor, iron plates with silk thread, that would killer. It would also add another line of defense to the now somewhat less than perfect shields. When a sheild fails, armor has it's chance to protect, but armor isn't perfect either, so it would be that much more spectacular when someone was hurt.
Reality was never my strong point.
The Industriallist

Postby The Industriallist » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:05 pm

Agar wrote:Or leather armor? Not just a jacket, but stiffened leather made by boiling it in water and stuff? Other armors as well. Nothing silly like wood, but a nice set of samuri armor, iron plates with silk thread, that would killer. It would also add another line of defense to the now somewhat less than perfect shields. When a sheild fails, armor has it's chance to protect, but armor isn't perfect either, so it would be that much more spectacular when someone was hurt.
It's been said before, but armor doesn't have a place in the current coding...so it will certainly be a while.
"If I can be a good crackhead, I can be a good Christian"

-A subway preacher
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:07 pm

Agar wrote:We have bones and a bone shield, wood and a wooden shield, iron and an iron shield, and steel and ... ? Where's the steel sheild?

A Targe. :roll:
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:19 pm

Hello?

A BOOMERANG

also, lots more non-european medieval weponry - samurai swords and such...
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:41 pm

Hello, Grumpy(yes, sadly I watched Care Bears when I was a kid). Look in the weapons section. :wink:

I am working on introducing American Indian weaponry like the tomahawk. I have loads of information on Iriqious and Northeastern American Indians mainly because I live next door to a Mohawk Indian.
Lumera

Postby Lumera » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:48 am

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but any chance you could make a way to poison the weapons we already have?
InsaneIrony

Postby InsaneIrony » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:26 am

A kukri. I don't think Cantr has one yet...
(My dad is currently obsessed with collecting em, so now I know a lot of stuff about em. :roll: )
In India(please dont hurt me if I name the wrong country) they use it for everything. It works as a cooking knife, a carving knife, you name it...
I think it's got wood and iron or steel, and some leather for the handle/sheath.
They're more or less funny-looking knives with a bent blade.
1099-5: Bandit says: "Collect a sum of 100 000g of sand to offer me in tribute or I will kill you."
rklenseth

Postby rklenseth » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:58 pm

Please limit discussion in this thread.

For the record, an atalati, a sling, and bola was suggested from the threads that I had to split off of here and can now be found in suggestions under topic titled 'Weapon Discussion'.
formerly known as hf

Postby formerly known as hf » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:54 pm

:)

THANK YOU

I like the idea of more native american weaponry - like I said, I like the primitive stuff - but it's too 'western'...
Whoever you vote for.

The government wins.
Antichrist_Online

Postby Antichrist_Online » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:25 pm

I think a difficult constructed powerful bow like a yumi, less parts but more time to build, it would shut up all the people going on about the bows.
Plus these oriental weapons:
NoDachi(Japanese Two handed sword, very good but hard to make, should need mud and water to forge the blade [dual tempered])
Katana (Japanese Longsword, very good but hard to make, should need mud and water to forge the blade [dual tempered])
Kodachi(Japanese shortsword, very good but hard to make, should need mud and water to forge the blade [dual tempered])
Hachi-Wari(short parrying dagger, may act as shield and weapon?)
Yari (slashing spear, more complex slightly better)
Nunkucku (rice flails, could help rice gathering as well[consealed weapon?])
Chain Whip (long weighted chain)
Kama (type of sickle, modified for battle)

These primitive weapons:
Shelleigh (simple wooden club, better than billy club but needs more wood)
NullaNulla (Stone and wood Austrailan club)

These modifications
Hammers and stone hammers as weapons
Screwdrivers as weapons
Rubber coated hilts as an alternative
Angel sharks and thier skins in coastal areas, for the katana hilts.
Mistress's Puppy

Return to “Suggestions”