Pointing with Objects

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Anthony Roberts

Postby Anthony Roberts » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:22 am

I'm sure it's possible for the 0% to not count... but then you'd have unnecessary slap-fests going on, or something.

As for using all objects as weapons, possible - yes. Going to happen? No. Then we'd have to change every holdable item in the game to have an attack value. Not a very fun thing to think about, really.
-- Anthony Roberts
Appleide

Postby Appleide » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:30 am

Make them all zero....
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:31 am

It would be damn funny if you could spank somebody with a broom!
Not-so-sad panda
Anthony Roberts

Postby Anthony Roberts » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:09 pm

Appleide wrote:Make them all zero....

No, you're missing the point (Or I just didn't explain well enough >.>)

Then we'd have to change every holdable item in the game to have an attack value

What this means is, open a single item, give it an attack value (Even of 0), save it. Open the next item, repeat. Repeat this for every 200+ items or so there is, I dunno. That's a LOT of work, and its not worth it for some simple "pointing" thing, I'd say.

Another system or approach would be much easier. Like, adding a point button just after the "Give away" button. Of course, then, you might be able to point with resources >.>

You see a man in his twenties point at you with bananas.
A man in his twenties says: "Stick 'em up!"
-- Anthony Roberts
Appleide

Postby Appleide » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:50 pm

lol, That'd work!
KVZ
Players Dept. Member

Postby KVZ » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:10 pm

Maybe named "showing" objects, rather then "pointing" with them. It is still posible to show someone that you have weapon by droping it and taking it from the ground ;) but you must be fast, and if your browser will stop... well... pain someone taked your weapon from your hands ;) ...

Showing objects and even resources can have use in trade. Because when yuo drop on ground and take it fast, noone will see how much you droped and taked. Maybe it should be done that this is visible?... Good for know, how much someone stealed too (and maybe thief should can to show after giving back that have nothing left in inventory - maybe "showing all inventory" button, and then someone will see that person have eg. 100 grams of potatoes, two notes and shield, or if he/she have nothing).
Corruption born inside. I'm part of dark side / A.F.K. / We'll steal your dreams and control your minds
https://twitter.com/DukeKVZ / http://www.futurerp.net/pages/link.php?id=24880
Anthony Roberts

Postby Anthony Roberts » Mon Jul 19, 2004 3:43 pm

KeVes wrote:Maybe named "showing" objects, rather then "pointing" with them. It is still posible to show someone that you have weapon by droping it and taking it from the ground ;) but you must be fast, and if your browser will stop... well... pain someone taked your weapon from your hands ;) ...

Showing objects and even resources can have use in trade. Because when yuo drop on ground and take it fast, noone will see how much you droped and taked. Maybe it should be done that this is visible?... Good for know, how much someone stealed too (and maybe thief should can to show after giving back that have nothing left in inventory - maybe "showing all inventory" button, and then someone will see that person have eg. 100 grams of potatoes, two notes and shield, or if he/she have nothing).

I don't agree. Say you have 100 pennies on the table, and someone comes up and grabs a handful. They'll know how many they now have, because they can count them - but you won't know, just by looking at the person picking them up - You'd have to count them as they count them, or ask how many they took.

Plus, secrets and hidden things are good in the game... adds suspence, or... something cool.
-- Anthony Roberts
KVZ
Players Dept. Member

Postby KVZ » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:14 pm

hmm... not looking at person, but on that event. I think that in real it is normal that someone will see diference observing events that someone droped 100 grams of something and taked it back, ir there was 10000 grams of that something. And when giving someone something... the same...

So.. maybe there should be two froms of give, take and drop... normal and hideous... I know that would be rather complicated to program.. but game would be more real.

edit: Also when awareness would be implementet that will have some usage.
Corruption born inside. I'm part of dark side / A.F.K. / We'll steal your dreams and control your minds
https://twitter.com/DukeKVZ / http://www.futurerp.net/pages/link.php?id=24880
Dragonslayer4ever

Postby Dragonslayer4ever » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:42 pm

i like this idea.

you see a woman in her twenties point at a man in his thirties with a war bow
a woman in her twenties says "stop thief or I will shoot"

it would make the game alot more fun espeicaliy for those crime fighters out there. :D
I am the Dragon Slayer. And as long as I have my friends behind me. I will never fall.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Jul 19, 2004 6:04 pm

Dirty Harry wrote:I know what you're thinking, punk. You're thinkin', 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Now, to tell you the truth, I've forgot myself in all this excitement. But being as this is the .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Advantages, yes. :)
Not-so-sad panda
phoenixannwn

Re: Magical Staff!

Postby phoenixannwn » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:41 am

I think if you point with anything it should not take away your attack for the day (even though the combat system is about to be revamped).
Also. Pointing is awesome. Like you're working on a project with a tool and arguing with someone, and you talk with your hands, so when you're making a point :wink: you jab emphatically at them with the trowel--I mean, your hands are full, you're working on a project, you're not gonna stop just to point at someone.
Wish you could point with resources:
"P points at A with a feather." :mrgreen:
Last edited by phoenixannwn on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
70% cute, 30% WTF
Bargon wanchi kox paa, Solo! Hoo hoo hoo hoo
http://witchesandweres.tumblr.com/
Doug R.

Re: Pointing with Objects

Postby Doug R. » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:14 pm

Changed thread title to accurately reflect the suggestion.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly

Return to “Suggestions”