Multiple Character Whispers

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Sparkle

Multiple Character Whispers

Postby Sparkle » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:02 pm

I don't know if this has been discussed in the past but I feel we should be able to whisper to several people at a time instead of one at a time.

It would make it quite easier for groups to comunicate privately and more quickly.
a day without cantr, is a day spent in bed convulsing and suffering from withdrawl
kroner

Postby kroner » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:05 pm

Basically Jos said get a building.
DOOM!
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:11 pm

Yeap. Damn meetings.

Anyways>

How do you figure they'd introduce it? CLick on two people at once? Check boxes next to people?

Its better if they just left it anyways, IMO.
Sparkle

Postby Sparkle » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:12 pm

Oh, now that's a difficult concept just to talk privately to a few people. :(
Well until I get a building I guess I will just copy and paste the same message until I have told everyone that needs to know 8) .
a day without cantr, is a day spent in bed convulsing and suffering from withdrawl
nitefyre

Postby nitefyre » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:22 pm

sparkle wrote:Oh, now that's a difficult concept just to talk privately to a few people. :(
Well until I get a building I guess I will just copy and paste the same message until I have told everyone that needs to know 8) .

Many towns have vacant buildings. I'd suggest you try tempoarily using them for private purposes.
Sparkle

Postby Sparkle » Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:26 pm

NiTeFyRe wrote:Yeap. Damn meetings.

Anyways>

How do you figure they'd introduce it? CLick on two people at once? Check boxes next to people?

Its better if they just left it anyways, IMO.

Actually I was thinking more like when you click on the people's button there would be a group button on the side of everyone and you click on all who applies and then click ok.

Something like that.
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:30 pm

This is something I proposed a long time ago, but it didn't get much support. I still think it would be a good addition to the game, and yes, I like your idea of a group button, and just check off the names. Can be very tiresome, especially as a council member, to have to repeat things, and then the other council members don't know you have. You can't talk as if you're talking to them all at once.
TwistedFate82

Postby TwistedFate82 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:06 pm

How about formattable groups? You create a group, put people in it, then talk to group. Anyone there who needs to will hear, probably simpler to program than selection each time, and more convenient for users. Like mass e-mailing.
tiddy ogg

Postby tiddy ogg » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:12 pm

I see your point, but whispering to a bunch of people will take time. Circulate a note, or find a building for a meeting.
Surly

Postby Surly » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:06 pm

Just go inside, you lazy, lazy people.
Formerly known as "The Surly Cantrian"
Former CD chair, former MD chair, former RD member, former Personnel Officer, former GAB member.
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:08 pm

And two days later you might be lucky and the others will join you in there. :roll:
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:22 pm

Oasis wrote:And two days later you might be lucky and the others will join you in there. :roll:

If they're inactive what makes you think they'll notice your whispers?
sem

Postby sem » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:39 pm

How do you get everyone to convene in a building unless you first whisper to each of them?

A man in his twenties says: "*Stands on soapbox, clears throat* Err excuse me everyone. Hello? Yes, well now that I've got your attention would all members of the red banana secret society please assemble in the town hall. And the rest of you plese remember that this /is/ a secret society, so we'd be terribly grateful if you didn't barge in while we're conspiring - in fact ideally none of you would even notice that I've said any of this - especially the governor's guards. That OK with everybody?"
Solfius

Postby Solfius » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:47 pm

Is it that onerous to whisper once to each person and then have the conversation in private?
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:05 pm

It gets rather confusing having an ongoing three way conversation when only two people at a time can hear what you're saying.

Return to “Suggestions”