Computers

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Computers?

YEAH!!!! :D
20%
HURRRRYYYYY!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
15%
Errrrr..... :?:
10%
No. You suck and so do your ideas. Go away. :x
20%
Silly Snickie. :P
35%

Total votes: 20
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Computers

Postby Snickie » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:38 am

Unmovable objects that can go in any building or vehicle.

2 circuit boards
10 wires
some rubber
window glass
2 radio receiver cases
chromium
whatever other metals it needs

The advantages: being able to calculate trade values in-game without opening your own calculator on the computer, save notes in non-paper format that's retrievable only by your character, protect your coin investments, program vehicles to travel a certain distance in such-and-such direction (and keeps going to the closest thing after you've gotten into a new location), and program ships to sail a certain distance and then randomly stop after x turns/distance even when there's nobody on board.

Of course, this will only aid the big towns, but that will encourage people to clump together in said big towns. And if people still don't want to after this, well, they won't be affected negatively.

This can give way to other awesome devices such as tracking devices, GPS systems, television sets, enhanced radios, and even cable or satellites, and air towers for the future implementation of airplanes and helicopters.

Hurry and accept this so we can advance Cantr as a society!! :mrgreen:

</notaserioussuggestion>
Misato

Re: Computers

Postby Misato » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:44 am

+1 :D
ImageImage
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
NostalgicMelody7

Postby NostalgicMelody7 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:15 am

That would be awesome O:

Also, there should be a way to send messages via the computer. Like the internet :DD Except the internet's really complicated and stuff so idk. But yeah
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:46 am

Snickie wrote:</notaserioussuggestion>

Why? I like it. We can have modern vehicles, why not simple computers.
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

https://www.kinkykitty.pl
Auryn

Postby Auryn » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:30 am

I think electricity would have to come before a suggestion this technologically advanced. :P Heck, we don't even have steam power yet.
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:10 am

In Cantr like we can see for sample of radios, electricity is getting from air :)
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

Ronja Rotschopf

Postby Ronja Rotschopf » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:37 am

psychowico

Postby psychowico » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:20 am

I don't see many common features in this two topics, only "computer" name.

Ronja Rotschopf

Postby Ronja Rotschopf » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:28 am

That's why I haven't locked the thread :-) Although not serious suggestions don't belong to the suggestion forum in my opinion but to general discussion. For people who have too much time ;-)
masterekat

Postby masterekat » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:26 am

Oh, lord... all I need is for more than one of my characters to develop a computer addiction as well... :roll:

With that being said...I love this idea! Anything to add to technological development. Some towns seem to be at a standstill right now since they already can make pretty much whatever they want.

Return to “Suggestions”