Age x 4 = Hitpoints

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Cogliostro

Age x 4 = Hitpoints

Postby Cogliostro » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:15 am

Make a character's age in years directly relate to how difficult they are to kill:

E.g.:
Age x 4 = Hitpoints
NancyLee

Re: Age x 4 = Hitpoints

Postby NancyLee » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:58 am

If I'm understanding it right, it does mean that a... let's say an octogenarian would be more difficult to kill than someone in his fourties, right? I know Cantr doesn't HAVE to be realistic but that sounds quite weird to me. I guess it's very subjective and maybe I'm influenced by my way of roleplaying: I try to "keep it real" -or the closer I can- with ages except for one char which is a kid and is described and behaves as that.

I don't really get the point of this, I'm afraid. Does it suggest that oldest charries are the most valuable ones?
“Nothing is absolute. Everything changes, everything moves, everything revolves, everything flies and goes away.”
― Frida Kahlo
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:33 am

Something like this would be much more natural and better in my opinion. But I do not dream that you agree at this (and natural death).
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

https://www.kinkykitty.pl
SumBum

Postby SumBum » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:08 am

Noooo, Psychowico!! :P Shame on you. Natural death is bad.

I really hate suggestions that chars should become weaker with age, etc. With as much effort as people put into their chars and the fact that so few make it past age X, I think those who show longevity should be rewarded. Age x 4 in hitpoints might be a bit much, though. Maybe if it was toned down to something more reasonable.
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZY!! - James Brown
NancyLee

Postby NancyLee » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:13 am

Well, I do really like your view, psychowico. It's just that I don't think that many other people does :lol:

I don't agree that longevity should be rewarded, why should it? Surely there'll be lots od old charries iwhose players put a big effort in and dedicate their time to, and that's why I understand that natural death isn't implemented (although I'd find it natural), but just "being old" by itself... I don't find it worthy of any reward.

I do really enjoy seeing how different looks we players can have about that "age issue" XD
“Nothing is absolute. Everything changes, everything moves, everything revolves, everything flies and goes away.”
― Frida Kahlo
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:33 am

NancyLee wrote:that's why I understand that natural death isn't implemented (although I'd find it natural)

Don't be suprised if it wasn't implemented at start only because the lack of developers.
http://wiki.cantr.net/index.php/Talk:Age
I know that most of you don't want lose anything, even if it would be good for the game. I think this is natural for human race.
This isn't thread about natural dead, so I won't be descripted here, how big RP loses on this etc.
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:32 pm

Haha, if you used that curve, my oldest character would die. But I wouldn't be awfully sorry. She's had a good life. I agree it would make more sense if hitpoints followed a curve instead of a straight line. It wouldn't have to be as harsh as in the picture, though. How about everybody aged 100 and older had 60 hit points and there was some sort of a curve for the earlier ages. If newspawns had less hitpoints, it would make newspawn thieves easier to kill and maybe they would be less likely to try anything funny. It would make sense if people in their 30s and 40s had the most hitpoints, because they are usually getting somewhere in life and care the most about their possessions, since they've usually had to work for them but haven't owned them long enough to forget where they came from.
Not-so-sad panda
psychowico

Postby psychowico » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:25 am

After this weekend, when I read many disscussions there I think that Cantr isn't society simulator like I thought previously, but place where we must do well people.

Return to “Suggestions”