Air mail.

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Cogliostro

Air mail.

Postby Cogliostro » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Airmail, but not with aircraft. Pressurized steel airtubes installed between towns (a pair of sender/reciever machines) that allow arbitrary resources to be shot over to the other location, once a day. Then the air pressure needs to recharge.

Easily implemented as a container that a character loads up, and pushes "SEND". Each new destination, say you want to send to more than one nearby town, needs its own airmail machine built for it. Expensive machines taking lots of steel to make, and "tubes" can only be laid to those towns that are connected to this one, the distance of one road.

Recieving town must build their own airmail recieve terminal, and own send terminal if they want to send stuff back.
psychowico

Re: Air mail.

Postby psychowico » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 pm

Lol, I like it. :twisted: But I can guess course of the discussion ;)
You are very productive there last time. :roll:
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

https://www.kinkykitty.pl
poziomek90

Postby poziomek90 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:00 pm

Pigeons!
Racja jest jak dupa. Każdy ma swoją... / Reason is like ass. Everybody have their.
Józef Piłsudski
Zlotnik

Postby Zlotnik » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:10 pm

Pigeons and crows storable in draggable iron cages, coming back to home when set free (feature allowing to catch pigeon into cage depending of luck). Would be soooo cool!

Post Office services can be easily RP-ed by using actual features.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:05 pm

I like the original suggestion.

I think each terminal should have its own name, like coin mints and buildings. Actually, I support this needing to be built inside. (If you have the resources to build it anyway, then surely you have the resources to put it inside.)

As for the going-in-between-towns thing, this machine should be able to reach as far as two or three towns away, no more. But to go in between towns would require a connection be established, initiated from one end and confirmed by the other, and you would start with the towns directly adjacent to yours. Like, when you go to the Establish Connection whatever page thing, you see a list of all the stations in the towns directly adjacent to you. After the connection was established between those two stations, then the next time you go to establish a new connection, the stations in the towns adjacent to the station you just built to would be available too.

Or something like that.

By the way, I have no idea how such a thing would be programmed. xD

Return to “Suggestions”