Eliminate Combat skills

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

bemon1

Re: Eliminate Combat skills

Postby bemon1 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:17 pm

Mitch79 wrote:
curious wrote:Perhaps, let me qualify something, rather than just face obtuse commentaries..?
I am 'not' against inequality in-game... I am against the abuses of in-game mechanisms.

I see the removal of combat skills as a good move toward some of these abuses, and also opening potential for 'different' forms of leadership and town management, and in an environment that should easily offer more.
Please don't put words in my mouth.

I am in full agreement with curious. I stll stand by the original idea.

Remove food, you can starve to death others, its abuse if you lock too many chars in building and starve them.
Mitch79

Postby Mitch79 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:27 pm

bemon1 - What does food removal have to do with the removal of the combat skills? Really, if you're not going to seriously contribute to the conversation on the topic at hand, why post? Keep to the topic and stop attacking people directly for having an opinion that differs from yours.

The combat skills in my opinion should never have come into the game to begin with. I hated the idea when it began, it screwed things up for certain characters I knew at the time and hasn't resolved anything and it's only caused problems with the fighting in game since.

I have one of the most powerful characters on the English side in game. I would be willing to lose that, her "skill" to make things more fair in game. I still don't like the idea of skills at all for combat, but I would be fine with the idea of everyone starting out at the same level and building themselves up as time goes by as well if the idea of eliminating combat skills completely is not a possibility. I STILL hate and will always hate the combat skills from the moment they came into play.
bemon1

Postby bemon1 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:50 pm

Mitch why you attacking me ? Because i dont want attacking skills removed and disagree with you ? I put my arguments - game will be boring, everybody will be equal,no fighting, no kidnapping, no story, no fight reasons. Why dont you understand that for some people fight is important and fun ?

You say that combat skill are evil, but what with other skills ? I dont like other be master at build building, they earn too much and steal work from me, but i'm not whining about it.

Combat is important for other reason - if you cant kill / damage other - what will stop others from steal from you or insult in game or do other nasty stuff to your character ? Pirate leader should be master at combat, not some pussy, and thiefs should be master at daggers. If you want play Bob the Builder - do that, but dont take away fun from others.

PS. Food removal thing was to point how silly is removing all character threatening things - i can kill you with axe, but also by starving - should we remove both things ?
curious

Postby curious » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:00 pm

bemon1 wrote:PS. Food removal thing was to point how silly is removing all character threatening things - i can kill you with axe, but also by starving - should we remove both things ?

You really are being ignorant here, aren't you.
Where is it suggested that such things as all character threatening capability be removed?

Just restate your objection, stop posting insulting and flippant shit about other people's views. just to try and make them look stupid, and move the fuck on.
bemon1

Postby bemon1 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:15 pm

Maybe in other way - what possibly good could bring removing combat skills besides remove complaining about inequality and killing chars ? Good things about fight skills is that we can play many different characters and do many things that are good for story.
gejyspa

Postby gejyspa » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:47 pm

I don't have any characters who are fighters, and the times that all my characters combined have hit another player (even with palm or pillow) can be counted on the fingers of one hand. Nonetheless, I would NOT like to see the combat skills (or any other skills) go away. I agree with psychowico that the more variation, the better, because it encourages RP. I completely disagree with bemon1's POV that they are the only skills that matter since without combat cantr would just be a chat room.
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Since trolling prevailed, I'm locking this thread. It wasn't a serious suggestion anyway. I just wanted to see the reaction.

The fact of the matter is, strength and fighting are the ONLY things in Cantr that have value outside of time. Time is the universal currency in Cantr, and since characters are immortal, it is ultimately meaningless. This is why the economy sucks. The ability to fight and kill better is the only quality in the entire game that has nothing to do with time, and so it is prized above all other things. IMO we need to find more things that lend value outside of time that have nothing to do with combat. If we can do that, we can give purpose and meaning to the other skills as well. Feel free to start a new thread with suggestions along these lines.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly

Return to “Suggestions”