Auto-Refresh Character Menu

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

the_antisocial_hermit

Re: Auto-Refresh Character Menu

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:37 pm

I prefer sitting on the character list if I have Cantr just sitting open. I have CantrSpy, but I hardly ever remember to look at it (I prefer to let my task bar hide until hovered over, so it's not directly obvious), so I end up hitting F5 anyway. I'd much prefer something automatic within the game that refreshes the page. The less I have to add to my computer for Cantr convenience, the better. Also, I can't install CantrSpy at work, so an auto refresh there would help immensely.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:05 am

-gaspeh- Another musician!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I, for one, prefer NOT to have this feature on the player page. I play from an Android phone sometimes, and playing Cantr for any extended period of time seems to drain my battery much faster than I'd like it to (one of the reasons I don't use the CantrSpy for Android app).

The only way I'll support this is if there is an option in the Settings menu to turn it on/off, and if it defaults to off for existing players.
NostalgicMelody7

Postby NostalgicMelody7 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:14 pm

*shrug* These seem to be reasonable terms. I agree entirely :)
the_antisocial_hermit

Postby the_antisocial_hermit » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:10 pm

I play from an Android phone as well sometimes.

I prefer there being options to turn most things off, and this is one of those things. I'm sure it'd be the same sort of option to turn it off as the one for the character page.
Glitch! is dead! Long live Glitch!
Remember guys and gals, it's all Pretendy Fun Time Games!

Return to “Suggestions”