Character descriptions box... Use of..?

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

curious

Character descriptions box... Use of..?

Postby curious » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:23 pm

Okay, and as a result of some pretty banal misconceptions and errors, I am posting this here, so that it may be discussed.
It's not really a suggestion, more an issue I have, but I think it could be useful to discuss it.

Many character description boxes go empty, and I am seeing this more and more, and to the point where it is difficult to rp some situation, because my chars don't actually know what someone looks like, or their quirks and nuances.

See here:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=17402

Some suggestions are made here, and I don't want to repeat them all.
I will add, that I initially just tagged this issue onto a thread that came up in a search, and this was a mistake.
I will also add that the 'solutions' added by EchoMan (random generator and freezing accounts), are 'absolutely not' my favoured solutions, but I'm pretty sure they're not his either.
psychowico

Re: Character descriptions box... Use of..?

Postby psychowico » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:48 pm

To make reading shorter, this is few useful idea related with this:

the_antisocial_hermit wrote:As much as I enjoy and prefer to have descriptions to read, I think it's just one of those things up to the player.

I suppose they could put a line in when you create the character that says, "Hey, don't forget you can make a character description!" and maybe slip similar lines in different places. It's the sort of thing that would be great to slip into a tutorial for new players, but difficult to think of places to put it where older players would pay heed to it.

Or maybe this would be a better idea: Perhaps when the character is created, you could be taken to a page with the description box and offered the chance to put in a short description before you get to your character. If you don't want to put one in right off, you can just navigate through to the character page. That would bring it to people's attention so that they might remember to go back later and do it. There will still be lots of people that won't want to bother with it, but then the people that are unaware or forgetful might use it more.

I'm not really sure that this particular thread is the best to use for the suggestion though, since it is already in the implemented forum, so that can get confusing (or was it not in the implemented one when you posted?).
"Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."

https://www.kinkykitty.pl

Return to “Suggestions”