Picnic Table

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

masterekat

Picnic Table

Postby masterekat » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:18 am

I really would like a big outdoor table that a lot of people could sit at. Mainly for RP purposes, but maybe it could reduce a little bit of tiredness as well.
Ronja Rotschopf

Re: Picnic Table

Postby Ronja Rotschopf » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:12 am

If it's only for RP you can use the stone table.
Hedgedhogst

Postby Hedgedhogst » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:25 am

I was thinking, a while back, about a picnic basket. I do like the picnic idea a lot, and it would be great to have something to aid picnic rp. I know a lot of characters that'd use it.

I thought the picnic basket could use similar mechanics as the cage... But, in theory it would need to be portable, which is why I think a picnic table would be just as good.

I don't know that a stone table would have quite the same affect. If you could actively sit at/inside a picnic table, as if it was a stationary vehicle, others could actively see you at a picnic table, which would really help bring it to life.

I think there should be a lot of credit for the picnic idea. The more rp accessories there are, the more enjoyable rp can be.
3431-5.19: You novicely kill a badger using a bare fist.
4037-4.03: You expertly kill an elephant using a crumbling bone spear.
masterekat

Postby masterekat » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:46 pm

Hedgedhogst wrote: The more rp accessories there are, the more enjoyable rp can be.

...And the more inspiration that can be gained for enjoyable rp. :D
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:02 am

Hedgedhogst wrote:I was thinking, a while back, about a picnic basket. I do like the picnic idea a lot, and it would be great to have something to aid picnic rp. I know a lot of characters that'd use it.

I thought the picnic basket could use similar mechanics as the cage... But, in theory it would need to be portable, which is why I think a picnic table would be just as good.

http://wiki.cantr.net/index.php/Reed_basket
http://wiki.cantr.net/index.php/Grass_basket

:)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

My biggest issue with using the stone table is....who would want to sit at one of those while someone is crushing rocks with a sledgehammer on it? ;)
masterekat

Postby masterekat » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:11 am

Snickie wrote:My biggest issue with using the stone table is....who would want to sit at one of those while someone is crushing rocks with a sledgehammer on it? ;)

Exactly! Also, I'm not sure about anyone else, but I never imagined the stone table having benches attached to it. I always just envisioned it as something a character stood at to work.
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:17 am

masterekat wrote:
Snickie wrote:My biggest issue with using the stone table is....who would want to sit at one of those while someone is crushing rocks with a sledgehammer on it? ;)

Exactly! Also, I'm not sure about anyone else, but I never imagined the stone table having benches attached to it. I always just envisioned it as something a character stood at to work.

Especially if they're awkward at it. I'd worry about them accidentally missing the rock and hitting my hand instead.
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:41 am

Just say: "Hey, would you stop that! I'm eating here."

So do I understand you right that you want the picknic table to be a location?
Pretty in pink.
masterekat

Postby masterekat » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:14 am

I only wanted the table to be a furniture item that could be built outdoors with a capactity for 6 to 10 people, and possibly could reduce tiredness for those using it. Though that last part isn't a necessity.
Pilot
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Pilot » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:45 pm

A regular table with 4 wooden benches wouldn't do the trick? (the table can be build also outside, the wiki isn't updated) :)
Hedgedhogst

Postby Hedgedhogst » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:11 pm

Alfie! Shame! Next, you'll be saying "Can't you just rp swimming with the water pump?" :D

From my experiences, all acts require props to become great successes. Every prop offered to us for rp will be applauded, used and enjoyed. I'm sure of it.
3431-5.19: You novicely kill a badger using a bare fist.
4037-4.03: You expertly kill an elephant using a crumbling bone spear.

Return to “Suggestions”