Multi-channel receivers

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

SekoETC

Re: Multi-channel receivers

Postby SekoETC » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:30 am

I think this would be worth trying at least. Most people are lazy so they wouldn't broadcast on several channels unless they knew different people were listening to different channels.
Not-so-sad panda
curious

Postby curious » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:09 pm

Addicted wrote:I don't see everyone 'obeying' or even knowing the rules for the separate channels. People will broadcast on all channels for nuisance factor and we'll still have to listen to all just in case what is useful is on the wrong channel.

I would agree with this.
I hink this should be considered alongside the debate/suggestions to help identify spammers or the radios being used by them.
I consider the Cantr radio system like I do following the sports news on TV. I have a main news channel, and if I want to look at something in greater detail (like watch a televised match... or in the radio case, move to an alternate channel) I do that. There used to be a multi-screen feature for this on my sports channels, but it was removed, on account of it being crap, and annoying.

There is also th selfish side of some of my chars to consider. Some have worked hard to make radios, and had difficulty collecting the parts for an additional receiver, and to sit back and watch people get a free upgrade..? Meh. :(
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Think of it this way, curious. All those people who only have one receiver don't get to listen to half of the channels that you do with your two receivers. ;)
curious

Postby curious » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:08 pm

:lol:
Of course, although you get to listen to precisely half..?

I just think with the current rounds of spam and abuse of the radios... this is not a good time to implement something like this. If the identification issues could be solved, maybe.
DylPickle

Postby DylPickle » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:27 am

Multichannel receivers would be great. Let them have 3 channels but have the cost of 2 or 2.5 regular receivers. I'd love to see some sort of incentive for designated channels.

Return to “Suggestions”