Make casks buildable in wooden buildings

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

viktor

Re: Make casks buildable in wooden buildings

Postby viktor » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:26 am

just to get everyone on the same page here...
cantr is a donut shaped planet osciliating about a yellow dwarf star caught inside a quantum singularity the event horizon which only extends to the terminator and therefore is why when you reach the edge of the planet you are teleported to the other side.

that aside, there is no issue with size, the pot still is 1800 grams, and we build much bigger things inside wood buildings, not to mention housing bunches of people. i see no real reason not to have casks buildable in wooden buildings (only posting that part so this post isn't completely off topic :P )
Addicted

Postby Addicted » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:35 am

My first thought when I read this thread was that the cantr world is an easy world and getting easier. Keep it as it is for the challenge and the adversity that's blocking the goal.

My second thought was my own frustration at this when I realised and had to find another way to get what I wanted for my character.

My third was that the way around led to some awesome roleplay. The cask had to be build somewhere more communal and it was fun.

Then I started thinking about towns and how some work together and have communal goals and communal equipment. But yet others are all each for themselves and it's a fight to get a foot in and get the basics when you spawn.

Also, is the building of pot stills limited? They should be consistent?

(Oh and all those sunsets my charactes have watched? *sighs*)
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:57 am

viktor wrote:just to get everyone on the same page here...
cantr is a donut shaped planet osciliating about a yellow dwarf star caught inside a quantum singularity the event horizon which only extends to the terminator and therefore is why when you reach the edge of the planet you are teleported to the other side.

There are no edges on a doughnut shaped planet. What you are describing is a two-dimensional rectangular planet. Something like that is unthinkable and heretic. ;)
viktor

Postby viktor » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:21 am

EchoMan wrote:
viktor wrote:just to get everyone on the same page here...

There are no edges on a doughnut shaped planet. What you are describing is a two-dimensional rectangular planet. Something like that is unthinkable and heretic. ;)

oh the rectangulal tile orbiting around a star? that could be possible if the planet is trapped in a self envelopping wormhole that teleports you from one side of the planet to the other, and thus makes space flight impossible because once you get to the edge your ship would teleport to the back of the plant and crash from underground *nods* quite possible, might be why cantriians considered helicopters but never had sucessful experiemnts with flight period, makes perfect sense.
Ronja Rotschopf

Postby Ronja Rotschopf » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Piscator wrote:I think the factor is not the size of the building, but rather the massive walls that keep the temperature inside relatively constant. Biological processes can be quite difficult to control even without constantly changing parameters. Spells of too high or low temperature might spoil a whole batch.

Armulus Satchula wrote:Good thing cantr doesn't have weather. :D

weather is on the long list of accepted suggestions: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=105&hilit=weather
That's my first reason why it shouldn't get changed. The second is, that it would be unfair to those who already built stone buildings just for the casks. Additional I agree with Addicted's first and third thought

On the other hand I just right now have a character who wants to build casks and still doesn't has a stone building for it. So whatever you decide, please do it quickly, so that my character doesn't need to build an unnecessary stone building in case it gets changed. :-)

Return to “Suggestions”