Make more resources edible.

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Pies
Programming Dept. Member

Make more resources edible.

Postby Pies » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:24 pm

Make more resources edible? Is water toxic for Cantrians or what?

After implementing stomach I would suggest making everything edible that looks edible/drinkable. Water, peppermint, citrons (lemons)... Almost everything else other then iron and stone! (or at least everything that is used in a kitchen)
It doesn't have to heal or remove hunger, just allow Cantrians eat it.

edit: ¡pǝʇɔıppɐ sʞuɐɥ⊥
dwudziestoletni mężczyzna wrote:"OOC: Jak ci się nie podoba, to nie graj. Ta gra nie szuka więcej graczy."

kaloryfer wrote:This game already has a lot of problems, new players would only bring new ones.
SekoETC

Re: Suggestions for possible meals

Postby SekoETC » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:28 pm

With the mechanics being what they are, a food has to affect hunger, damage, tiredness or drunkenness to be edible. I agree with you though. It would make sense if lemons, maple sap etc were edible, and if even grass is a slight healing food, I don't see why other things couldn't be. Slight daily foods shouldn't be added because of auto-eating because if a person had only them in their inventory, it would make them get eaten in large quantities for very little gains. Although the code could be changed so that ineffective daily foods could only be eaten manually.
Not-so-sad panda
Oasis

Postby Oasis » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:39 pm

That would be a good idea, as long as that didn't effect any that are currently eaten automatically......though it does bug me sometimes when my charrie eats her spinach, which she'd rather save as a healing food.
Pies
Programming Dept. Member

Postby Pies » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Seko, I see here two options:

A) write a lot of code, create new types of food (not healing and not removing hunger etc.) - with is great idea but needs time and somebody (probably you?) bigger work

B) make that food as healing food that don't heal anything (0% per 100g) and when somebody will have time option A can be implemented anyway.
dwudziestoletni mężczyzna wrote:"OOC: Jak ci się nie podoba, to nie graj. Ta gra nie szuka więcej graczy."

kaloryfer wrote:This game already has a lot of problems, new players would only bring new ones.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:19 pm

There's no such a thing as a healing food that heals nothing. The lowest you can get is 0.02% per 100 grams. That means 1.6% if you eat your stomach full. I think that would be low enough not to make most people go for it beyond rp reasons. It would be easy enough to stop auto-eating of dual action foods but somebody might get upset if it was changed.
Not-so-sad panda
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Make more resources edible.

Postby Piscator » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Could it perhaps be made so that dual food is only consumed after your nourishing food is used up?
Pretty in pink.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:26 pm

As far as I know, it's already that way, if I'm not completely mistaken.
Not-so-sad panda
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Ah, good. Was this changed some time ago or has it been like this forever?
Pretty in pink.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:32 am

As far as I know, it's always been that way. Although I didn't check the code. But it eats the most ineffective food first and don't dual-action foods tend to be pretty ineffective?
Not-so-sad panda
Piscator
Administrator Emeritus

Postby Piscator » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:49 am

Well, I know that the most voluminous food is eaten first, but as far as I know all dual food is more nutritious than raw potatoes.
Pretty in pink.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:06 pm

Still I'm pretty sure that things like prepared meat get eaten before things like seaweed. I seem to remember it used to be differently way back and someone complained and it got changed due to the complaint.
Not-so-sad panda
EchoMan

Postby EchoMan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:19 pm

Oh yes. One of mine was gathering seaweed recently, and didn't pay attention. When all of her roasted carrots were gone, she gulped down all of the seaweed she'd been gathering, in just a few days. :roll: So much for that sushi.
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:12 pm

That has happened to me too, as if seaweed wasn't hard enough to get. And back when wine was still a dual action food, bought some of that for maybe 20 grams a day or around that price, forgot to drop it and kept drinking it for days. Best meal of a lifetime but oh so pricey. It's like drinking diamonds.
Not-so-sad panda
Pies
Programming Dept. Member

Postby Pies » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:46 am

Yeah, seaweed is great food (especially if you live in sea), but what with lemons?

SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:09 pm

I think it would make sense if lemons were a slight healing food, if things like grass and sugar are. I think lemons should be better than grass.
Not-so-sad panda

Return to “Suggestions”