Picture frames

Out-of-character discussion forum for players of Cantr II to discuss new ideas for the development of the Cantr II game.

Moderators: Public Relations Department, Players Department, Game Mechanics (RD), Programming Department

Scratch

Picture frames

Postby Scratch » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:21 pm

Not sure if this has been mentioned before - way too many pages to read!) but a 'container' for notes, so that people can decorate their homes/businesses without littering notes on the floor which could be.
SekoETC

Re: Picture frames

Postby SekoETC » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:57 pm

It sounds like a good idea. I wonder how easy or hard it would be to program. I wouldn't necessarily call it a picture frame, though, since people could use it for notes that are just text. In inventory it would most likely have a button for change contents, if it was empty, it would give a list of all the notes in your inventory and ask you to select one to put inside, and if there was something inside, it would ask if you want to remove it or leave it be. It could be read like a note, both on the ground and in inventory, but the contents couldn't be edited without removing the note first. I think it should be limited for one note per frame, a bulletin board would be something different (and there are suggestion topics for that). Limiting it to one would keep people from using it as a glorified envelope.
Not-so-sad panda
Doug R.

Postby Doug R. » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:54 pm

Envelope Title: Picture in a frame.

There you go.

It need to do more than an envelope to justify implementing it.
Hamsters is nice. ~Kaylee, Firefly
SekoETC

Postby SekoETC » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:29 pm

Showing wealth, I assume they would all take window glass in addition to the frame material, which doesn't necessarily have to be wood, it could also be silver or something.
Possibility of reading contents without taking them out - can't do that with an envelope.
Makes the contents seem more important since people would have to invest resources in it.
Not-so-sad panda
Snickie
RD/HR Member/Translator-English (LD)

Postby Snickie » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:20 am

-doesn't feel like researching tonight-

Jade frames! -wantwantwant-
Obsidian frames? (It's a use, even if it's just cosmetic.)
....Platinum frames!
IvanicDiazinum

Postby IvanicDiazinum » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:18 am

Slightly related... what about posters? Like notes stuck to the walls of a building, inside or outside. Wouldn't this be brilliant? Rather than leave notes scattered on the ground in one giant mess, you could stick up a note on the side of your house and let everyone know what you want. They know exactly where to find you, no confusion. Seems... elegant to me. Apologies if this has already been rejected, it just occurred to me that we should have the ability to do this before we bother with something like 'frames'.

Return to “Suggestions”